Welcome
to the southern continent

D'Sanctine Weyr takes place in 10th Pass Pern. AIVAS was never discovered, and Thread still falls on the planet. Overpopulating causes stress in the Weyrs, which leads to the foundation of a new southern Weyr, dubbed D'Sanctine. A Hold is founded to support the Weyr, titled Sanctis Hold. Old riders and prospective candidates flock to the new Weyr for a chance at an easier, less crowded life, but the hatching of dragons of strange colors has left the more conservative holds and Weyrs in the north uneasy. The political atmosphere is tense as a drawn bowstring-- it is only a matter of time before the arrow is loosed.

Current Events
what's happening!

Summer - P10 T16

5/4/17 - Mornings have been foggy thanks to warm days and cool evenings. There was recently a routine Threadfall that only resulted in a few injuries and no fatalities. The weyrfolk are gathering and brewing up some vats of numbweed to resupply, so a section of the Weyr is going to be awfully stinky for a few days.

4/1/17 - Fall has arrived, and with it pleasant breezes and the occasional storm. It's by no means cold, but it isn't as impossibly hot and humid as summer gets.
Current Staff
Who's Who in D'Sanctine Weyr
Senior Weyrwoman
Lauralyn of Gold Sorreath

Junior Weyrwomen
Daetha of Gold Saraiath

Weyrleader
-TBA-

Junior Weyrleaders
Fen'ris of Bronze Tyrth
S'era of Bronze Rhuinath

Weyrlingmasters
C'ven of Blue Jessath
A're of Green Muraath

Assistant Weyrlingmasters
J'lor of Brown Sabath
Angora of Blue Ferith
-OPEN-

Candidatemaster
M'ari of Green Valenth

Assistant Candidatemaster
Cryssa of Blue Cindath

Wherlingmaster
Sennet of Blue Sennesk

Assistant Wherlingmasters
Kalen of Gold Kalesk
Ceanna of Green Ceannsk

Headwoman
Tanna

Assistant Headwoman
-OPEN-
Important Threads
Check These Out!
OOC Staff
our fearless leaders
admins
YERA
SEIRYE
SLINKYSLOTH

mods
MAZAARI
KILNARAK
IOT
Chatbox
Time to say hi!
Linkage
the coolest sites on the net
affiliates
RP Lovers A Gift of Dragons Canyon River Weyr Mithra Weyr

link us

Credits
you guys rock!
Skin and sidebar Manda of RPG-U. Pern and its dragons belong to the late Anne McCaffrey and her family. The characters written here belong to those who created them. Sprites and all pieces of art belong to those who created them; there is a thread for credits and links in the information section of the board.

If you would like to donate to help with the board's premium service and the chatbox, click here!

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply

Lost Songs, Surma's first clutch; Open
Cryssa
 Posted: Mar 28 2017, 05:03 PM

A. Candidatemaster
Group: Character

Tick tick. She felt them before she was able to hear anything, the large yet slender gold snapping her eyes open and looking down at the sand she had been curled up on. When she felt it again, Surma immediately began to dig out each and every single egg she had lain weeks back. It was perhaps a bit early, but there was no mistaking the sounds when she finally heard them.

Most within the eggs would cheep and peep, but from one of the larger eggs the gold could hear gruff sounds, and from the other faint hissing. The second egg was the only one to stand out with more than just size, with black and gold covering it instead of the faded white of the others. Still, it was her egg, and she felt all of them would make her proud.

It was a late afternoon, and while it could be possible the humans were still busy, there was simply no time to lose. Looking to the very large firelizard, Surma would suddenly rise quite the racket, hissing and clicking at Cindath in a most demanding manner.

Of course, the blue lifts his head from where he had been napping, before directing his thoughts to his rider. Mine, they are coming, they are hatching. Should I call for others?

Cryssa had been on her way to the weyr when the blue reaches out to her, and she would suddenly turn around on her heels, hurrying towards the dining room and the kitchens as fast as she dares with her ever growing abdomen. Yes please! I know Surma is all too pleased about her first clutch to NOT at the very least show them off! it takes her some time, but she would manage to get into thekitchens in near record time, having learned about some shortcuts for whenever she had a strong urge for something.

However this time she went for where they kept the slabs of meat and the bowls, setting up a station for herself before standing to cut up pieces small enough that newborn flits could easily chew and swallow them.

Meanwhile, Cindath would call out to as many dragons, and even candidates and wherhandlers as he could. Hullo, hello. Should you like to have a small winged creature that is a potentially good guard but with an unfortunately foul temper, the very vicious hunter Surma would like you to know that her spawn are hatching-- Oh stop throwing a tantrum, I know you secretly liked my announcement! he throws an amused look at the now hissing gold, who clearly has an idea that the overgrown blue had said something about her and her eggs.

By now, the rest of her fair, with a new lovely rose quartz included, have gathered and are watching the spectacle from the bed, chirping and thrilling encouragements every now and then.

--------------------
Cryssa of Blue Cindath (Hex #4657CA ) | Isamell
user posted image
Happily Never After Green~Earlene Maw of Gold Surma Snorlax Blue Ophir
user posted image user posted image user posted image
PM
^
Zarrin
 Posted: Mar 28 2017, 05:09 PM

Candidate

Zarrin was napping after spending the early morning hunting and gathering things in the forest. He was suddenly jerked out of he slumber by not only Cindath's call, Surma's hissing, but the entire weyr was trilling or chirping. He sat up and stared at the over grown geckos. "If the mother of my child was not fond of you all, I'd finally find out what firelizard tasted like." He grumbled before standing up and snatching his pillow. "Tell Cryssa that I'll be in my bunk in the candidate barracks." He mumbled to Cindath as he left the weyr.
PM
^
X'ular
 Posted: Mar 28 2017, 05:11 PM

Amethystrider

Mine, perhaps you can find yourself a new companion amongst the little ones hatching. You should go find out. The amethyst rumbled out from where he was sitting in the grass beside his bonded. X'ular glanced to him before nodding to head into the Weyr and to find Cryssa of blue Cindath's personal weyr. It took him a little longer than he expected, but he managed to find it and glanced about the weyr then to Cindath.

"I am early then?" He asked curiously.
PM
^
S'ol
 Posted: Mar 28 2017, 05:32 PM

Candidate

S;ol HAD been attempting to study. Attempting being the key word here. Between Pica asserting herself as the queen of the weyr and the various firelizards tumbling about as they played he was having a rather hard time of it. Shooting Ankaath a quick glance he started to ask the ruby to quiet them before just pausing when they abruptly went quiet and attentive.

Giving the group a startled look he turned to the dragon with a look of question to which Ankaath simply shrugged. I did not do it. Cindath's summon rang otu at about the same time Rodeo appeared in front of his face setting up a racket. His children were hatching!

Giving the book one last look S'ol sighed and stood up. He had promised he would be there so. A sharp nip from the impatient blue drew an amused look and he finally made his way to find Cryssa and lend her aid.

--------------------
Weyrling S'ol of Ruby Ankaath
Pyrokenetic, Resist Commands
A really pretty pendant.
Firelizards: Green Wiggle, Brown Tippen, Bronze Warden, Blue Rodeo, Ruby Sundown
Raptor: Obsidian Pica
user posted image
PM
^
Roland
 Posted: Mar 28 2017, 05:59 PM

Greenrider

"And where do you think you are going mine!" A dark green tail twitched venomously. Roland didn't know a tail could do that but Maliciath was proving him wrong. The green dragon rose to her short height of three feet. Her eyes were once agian red and aimed at her bonded. They had both heard the blues call about the firelizard hatching, Roland wanted to go and see if he had a chance at one, Maliciath had other ideas about it.
"I'm a little surprised my dear!" Roland said acting surprised at her fit, Maliciath looked confused though, why should she be surprised? She didn't want to share hers with anyone thats why she had Ruffles. Who was a good companion so far. The red disappeared to be replaced with curiosity.
"I would of thought you would be happy to get another helper to keep tract of me or someone to find you more shiny objects, after all a firelizard is small enough to go to places you soon will not."

The greenpair found their way to Cryssa's were a few minutes later. Roland greeted the rider there along with anyone coming in. Maliciath was glued to his side and sat on his feet when ever he stopped near the wall a little aways from the nest. She looked around the weyr with curiosity and intrest.

--------------------
Roland of Green Maliciath
Abilities:Resist Comand and Total Recall
PMEmail
^
I'ra
 Posted: Mar 28 2017, 10:48 PM

Rubyrider

A red snout peeked out from the door of their room in the Weyrling's hall, a flash of eyes roiling orange and yellow. Fellebynth watched Maliciath closely as she left the barracks, his own tail twitching with agitation. I'ra watched him with mild interest from his bunk. He wasn't surprised when the young ruby straightened - stumbled a step as his wing clipped the doorway - and turned to him. One of the older dragons said something about... small winged guards hatching. She is going, so we should go as well.

I'ra thought about it a moment, tilting his head to the side, then he shrugged and nodded. "Allright. We can go then." Good. I knew you would understand, Mine. Fellebynth strode across the room to where His sat and headbutted the youth in the chest, making a deep thrumming noise low in his throat. We cannot let her have them all. I would like a winged-guard as well, to keep watch over our things.

I'ra smiled and stroked his dragon's head, then pushed the ruby off so he could get up. "We'll get one for you, then," he agreed, then lead while the ruby followed, headed for Cryssa's weyr. He had seen the woman before - she had assisted the Candidatemaster - but he did not really know her.

"Here for 'small winged-guards,' or, whatever it is," I'ra announced as they stepped inside. When they entered her weyr, Fellebrynth gave the impression of a posturing cat. His gaze was immediately on Maliciath, his back arched slightly and tail curled just so. The ruby ushered His to the wall opposite Maliciath and Hers, then coiled himself about I'ra's legs possessively.

--------------------
I'ra of Ruby Fellebynth
firelizards: Keid & Perseus
PM
^
S'era
 Posted: Mar 29 2017, 01:49 AM

Bronzerider

The blonde sighed loudly, raking a hand through hair curled by the humidity. She sat upon her dragon's high ledge as she liked to do, legs dangling over the side while he lay behind her, legs curled neatly beneath him and wings drooping loosely on either side. Though his neck was still arched in a neat S shape, she knew her regal and egotistical bronze was moments away from his head also beginning to droop before he would snap it back into position, much like the puppy he so despised.

Captain was a sweet puppy, but energetic and definitely a chewer. He was smart, S'era would give him that, maybe too smart-- he already knew how to open drawers, so she'd had to relocate her socks and underclothes to something not within his reach. Yet. He was going to be big, she could tell. Doorbell loved Captain, but the older mutt simply didn't have the same energy as the black and white snowhound. He snored loudly on her bed, and she knew little Captain was probably in a ridiculous pose curled up with his senior.

It had crossed her mind recently to get a firelizard. The north did not have many, and certainly not such a ready supply as D'Sanctine. She'd really not had any desire for one 'til she'd been here awhile, but many used the firelizards for lots of different chores she hadn't really thought of. Messengers, service pets, alarm systems, spying...

So when the call was broadcasted that a gold firelizard's clutch was prepared to hatch, this message reluctantly relayed to her by her dragon whose nap had been interrupted by Cindath's call, S'era pushed herself to her feet and turned to Rhuin who eyed her with expectant trepidation.

You cannot be serious, he muttered at her, curling his lip in an expression of distaste. It is bad enough that you went and got that drooling, dribbling, piddling monstrosity occupying your nest, and now you wish to get one that flies? I shall find a new weyr to sleep in, should you keep up this hoarding of annoyances.

"Eh, get yer big ass up and lemme on. You don't hafta like it, but you're takin' me." The command was adamant, brooking little argument, but Rhuinath was not the type to yield to a futile debate.

I shall forget to scold the furry ones should they attempt to eat any fluttery riffraff you might bring home, he threatened, but she was already astride his shoulders, bracing her hands on his neck ridges and squeezing the sides of his neck between her knees.

"Come on, you insufferable thing. They'll be hatched and gone by the time we get there if you keep up your griping. Besides, you like the dogs, you just won't admit it."

Then I shall wait for eternity. The bronze stated firmly, though he was already rising slowly and unhappily to his paws. He hissed at her, lashed his tail, and finally leapt from his ledge with a mighty beat of massive wings. He might do more than turn a blind eye to the canines' desire to chew...

Landing lightly on Cindath's ledge with only his four sets of claws gripping its edge, he extended his scarred wings for balance as he allowed His down. It was a display of how poised he was, how broad his wings, how experienced he was; but then S'era was strolling into the weyr. Boisterous, she instead brought attention to the redhead she'd not had the pleasure of seeing in quite a while; "OI! Z'rin, you sorry bastard, don't you go wanderin' off so soon!"

More quietly and with the friendliest, most shameless grin she could muster, she turned her gaze to the gathered hopefuls. "Good luck to y'lot. Cindath, yeah? Good to meet you, I hear Yours and the broody redhead-- er, that one-- are deserving of some congratulations?"

--------------------
S'era of Bronze Rhuinath
wingleader
#D49B50

accompanied by firelizard Green Sprout and canines Doorbell and Captain

> profile! <
PM
^
Cryssa
 Posted: Mar 29 2017, 08:57 AM

A. Candidatemaster

S'ol would eventually find the harper slicing and cutting at a brisk pace in the kitchens, swiftly dumping a helpful of the meat into a cup whenever she thought she had enough for one little flit. Looking over her shoulder, she would offer the redhead a wide smile. "Ah! S'ol, so good to see you... Could you be a dear and take the ones I have at the ready? The sooner some people have them the better!"

She would give him four bowls in total before getting to work on four more. There were six eggs, but she did not know how many people would arrive, so two extra should not be too bad, as the remainders would be emptied by her fair for certain.

Cindath lifts the corners of his lips as if in a grin, offering a honk to all those who arrive. Early, yes, indeed, but not too long! he replies to Xular, his eyes whirling green and blue as more people, and even small dragons come in! Small guards, small hunters, small wings! Yes yes, a gold's clutch is what you should always witness!

However, when S'era adresses him, and brings up one of his most favourite topics as of late, the blue dragon begind to gush. Human hatchling! Mine is carrying one, oh yes! So long, so long a time! She is still small, but she grows each day! Ahh I wish the hatchling would grow faster! I wish to meet them already! the last bit is said with a lamenting croon, though his attention soon goes to Surma and the rest of the fair once more.

The Queen had been watching keenly who would walks in, and she seemed mighty pleased. And wether it was this pleasure, or simply the need to encourage her brood to come forth, she would begin to thrill in a purposeful and near practiced manner. And as if on command, Earlene, Ophir and the rest of her fair answered with the same notes. It was almost like a conversation, with Surma beginning and the fair replying halfway to her whistles and thrills.

It was a very simple, almost mournful song and the eggs seemed to shake even more as a result. The smallest seemed to be most spurned by the singing, cracks already forming on the surface of the egg, and halted thrills attempting to mimic the melody outside the shell.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
O'rshon
 Posted: Mar 29 2017, 01:13 PM

Bluerider

Portenth alerted O'rshon to the call. The blue rider sat up slowly, considering. "New firelizards, eh?" He called forth to Sabrina, the Obsidian Queen quickly flying over and perching on his shoulder, looking interested. She was still but half-grown, however, the blue rider thought perhaps a companion would be nice for her. Shrugging, he patted Portenth's dark hide. "Let's go then, shall we?" Besides, after this, perhaps he could go and talk to C'ven, see if the man needed any help. Climbing up onto the blue's neck, he guided Portenth towards the weyr where Cryssa would be, Sabrina following along and landing upon O'rshon's shoulder. He could see already that there were quite a few here, and so he settled himself in an area close enough to be part of the hatching, but not being in anyone's way. He was still fairly lean, though it would seem he's been eating again finally. Portenth's color had returned, so the pair were likely healing emotionally as well. He waves to Cryssa, and both he and Sabrina peer curiously at the eggs.

--------------------
~Dragonrider O'rshon~
~Dragon Blue Portenth~

-Played by Xun-
PM
^
Roland
 Posted: Mar 29 2017, 01:29 PM

Greenrider

Maliciath paid not a second of attention to her ruby brother. After all he had nothing to do with her rider nor was he a threat to either of them so why should she? She lifted on of her hand like paws to flick some of the dust off. As more people came in though her tail tighten around Rolands legs. She was fine when people were far away but now everyone was getting closer and she definitely did not like when S'ol or Cryssa handed a bowl of meat to hers.

Roland noticed the ruby's odd behavior, he half heartedly wave to the rubyrider some sympathy for him since Maliciath was doing the same thing. He was very proud of her when she didn't hiss or bark oit something rude when he was handed a bowl of meat. He thanked either S'ol or Cryssa for it and smiled easily as the song started up and an egg started to crack and shake. It seemed it was starting. He just hoped Maliciath didn't act up once the babys hatched.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
V'lad
 Posted: Mar 29 2017, 03:31 PM

Amethystrider

Nymnicth curled his neck and tail tighter around himself. The blue singing one says his golden cousin has spawn entering the world today the dark hued dragon passed on.

V'lad rolled his eyes. Even in the short time since hatching, Nym had taken to a roundabout way of saying things. Thankfully, V'lad was pretty quick on the draw and had adapted to Nym's way of talking and was able to interpret it. Singing Blue could only be that Harpers. It was well known that he took to song at every opportunity. Golden cousin must be the Harper's Queen 'lizard. The rest was easy. Her eggs were hatching.

V'lad had idly considered acquiring one of the creatures. They could be useful and were pretty to look at. He shrugged and walked to Cryssa's weyr, to at least watch, even if he didn't get one.

He arrived soon enough and gave a nod to those gathered. None of the eggs had hatched yet, but they looks like they might any second.
PM
^
S'ol
 Posted: Mar 29 2017, 06:29 PM

Candidate

Taking the bowls he was presented with S'ol smiled slightly "Alright" Turning on his heels he made his way up half jogging to make sure there was food ready in case some decided they wanted out right now and just could not wait.

Pausing abruptly as he eyed the crowd after getting inside he twisted and carefully made his way around pausing to give Cindath a look. "Did you up and insist the whole weyr arrive?" Smirking slightly in amusement he moved to finish placing his burden on a table snorting as Rodeo abandoned his shoulder to join his mate perched on the edge of the basket.

That done he shifted off to a wall to prop himself against it and wait. "Cryssa should be along shortly folks, she's getting a few more bowls."

--------------------
A really pretty pendant.
Firelizards: Green Wiggle, Brown Tippen, Bronze Warden, Blue Rodeo, Ruby Sundown
user posted image
PM
^
Zarrin
 Posted: Mar 29 2017, 06:37 PM

Candidate

Zarrin stopped as he heard a familiar voice call out to him. He glanced back into the weyr and sighed some. He wanted to get out before more people showed up, but that bronze rider was the first piece of eye candy he had seen in the Weyr. Once he was back inside, he threw his pillow to the bed and headed to greet her. Wearing only a basic sleeveless tunic and trousers without a pair of shoes, Zarrin extended his hand out to her and smiled. "Hello, S'era. How are things with you and yours?" He rumbled out. Since last she saw him, his stubble had been shaven and regrown to a bit more than when she saw him last and his hair was much longer than before. "Ah, yes. Cryssa is carrying a child and that child was sired by me." He said in one of the most awkward ways possible.
PM
^
S'era
 Posted: Mar 29 2017, 06:43 PM

Bronzerider

S'era beamed up at Cindath, the blue of the shimmering fishscale wings-- his exuberance was infectious, and the event itself a joyous thing indeed! S'era knew not too many riders that deliberately had children, and even fewer women who were willing to carry it to term. Furthermore, it was most unusual for one to keep their young one, as opposed to pawning it off into the hands of the creche-- a dragonrider's duties held priority over all things, including being a parent.

"Well, pass on my well-wishes to the lady, yeah? I reckon she's got half the Weyr rootin' for her-- ayyyy, there you are! Thought you didn't hear me for a minute there. Congratulations to you too, mate." Grasping Zarrin's arm in her hand in an almost brotherly gesture, the woman offered him a bright and crooked smile. "Tryna escape on me, eh? Look at you, growing out your stubble and your hair. Startin' to look more like a man and less like a broody teenager, eh?"

In no rush to grab a bowl, S'era almost thought it was smarter to let the firelizards pick a person before going for one-- there were obviously more hopefuls than there were firelizards, so she hoped there'd be enough to go around. She side-eyed the lot of them, deciding to wait for the second batch to come up and give everybody else the chance to grab one first. Wasn't a competition.

Turning her attention back to the redhead, she decided she'd rather start a conversation than stare dolefully at the humming lizards and cracking eggs. "So, bun in the oven aside, how've you been? Acclimating, I hope? T'would be nice t'see you around more often, but all in good time, no pressure."

--------------------
S'era of Bronze Rhuinath
wingleader
#D49B50

> profile! <
PM
^
Zarrin
 Posted: Mar 29 2017, 06:48 PM

Candidate

Zarrin stared at her during the entire greeting. He wasn't sure what was going on. Was he dreaming still? Had she really said she wanted to see him around? The hell? He nodded his head a few times, "Cindath and Cryssa are helping me come to terms and settle into the Weyr life once more. I....still have panic moments, but it is far less often now." He reached a hand up to scratch his jawline. "And Cryssa prefers my stubble and longer hair. It is going well, I suppose. Cryssa and I decided to keep the baby since I'll be a wherhandler I will have time for the child as well as being a handler. It'll be a chore, but worth it."

He stood there quietly for a moment or two, "And we decided that our relationship, while is a priority, will not be limited to one another should things need to happen or one of us wants it to." He glanced to Cindath. "Recently, some big blue ass, affected her and she had a 'slip up' so to speak. Not upset since I was once a rider, but it was a bit of an example of Weyr life that I should not expect her to avoid. Ya know?" He hoped he was making since.
PM
^
Cryssa
 Posted: Mar 30 2017, 11:01 AM

A. Candidatemaster

After some time Cryssa finally returns to her Weyr with a few more bowls, huffing a little with her cheeks red as if she had been running. "Sorry, sorry! My apologies, I was away when Cindath told me what was happening!" the harper would say in a breathless yet exciteable manner, placing bowls into the hands of people and greeting everyone face to face. "Hello Roland! Hello I'ra! V'lad, O'rshon and ah, X'ular!" she did her best to remember the names of everyone, especially those she remembers seeing on the candidate classes.

Finally she very decidedly placed a bowl in S'ol's hands, and another in S'era's once she reaches her and Zarrin. "Hello S'era! And hello love~" she coos the last part as she wraps her arms around one of her weyrmate's, leaning up to peck a kiss on his cheek. "Now isn't this nice? After this Surma will be less agitated, hmm?" she looks over to the basket, smiling at the singing from the entire fair. "It's so nice when she actually attempts thrilling rather than her... Usual noises."

Cindath would bob his head in an excited manner when adressed by S'ol, giving off another honk in delight. Many visitors, many admirers! Yes, there are enough to share eggs to! as he says this, he glances over to the basket, before humming in delight.

All the eggs were twitching and wiggling quite a bit now, but the smallest was still the most exciteable as cracks become holes, claws breaking through followed by dark green paws. A lighter green snout would poke out briefly to breathe in some air, before the clawing becomes even more vigorous. Indeed, the hole is barely big enough when the occupant within tries to already squirm out, chirping and thrilling and looking around as if in amazement. Oh hello everyone! Hello world!

user posted image

While Surma had been very attentive, almost leery when she spotted Sabrina with O'rshon, the older queen very pointedly focused on singing. And now she focuses all her efforts on her small daughter, back to clicking and purring as she quite frankly dotes on the small green. The gold would pick away at bits of eggshells and clean up goo, helping her first spawn look immaculate in front of those gathered.

Clearly Surma feels very proud, and possibly a bit smug. She had known she would have pretty looking offspring after all.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
O'rshon
 Posted: Mar 30 2017, 01:33 PM

Bluerider

Sabrina seemed aware of Surma's gaze, a small cheep given. At her age, she wasn't prone to trying to boss around an Elder Queen,a nd showed respect that the eggs were the Surma's by staying put on O'rshon's shoulder. The blue rider looks at Cryssa and grins. "You're looking well. Congratulations to you both."

Meanwhile, the small egg started rocking more vehemently, and out popped a pretty little pale green. O'rshon grins as he looks at the egg. "Oh, isn't she pretty?" He reaches up to scritch Sabrina's chin, who chirped a welcome to the hatchling. "She is lovely! Look at her."

--------------------
~Dragonrider O'rshon~
~Dragon Blue Portenth~

-Played by Xun-
PM
^
Roland
 Posted: Mar 30 2017, 02:13 PM

Greenrider

He watched as the egg shoke more before the hatchling squirmed out of it.
"Oh Maliciath look at her!" Roland whispered to his green. Maliciath rasied her head to stare at the little green. She huffed and turned back to looking everyone over. Roland smiled at the little one in the nest. She waz beautiful with her white markings and mask. He really liked her wings as well and projected happy thoughts to her. He was told that was what your were supposed to do at these hatchings, he just hoped he was doimg it right.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
S'era
 Posted: Mar 30 2017, 03:46 PM

Bronzerider

"Kids are a mighty big chore, you're right 'bout that," she replied amiably. She wasn't sure what she would ever do if there came the day where she had a child of her own. She liked children, and maybe even wanted one or two, but knew that she would probably need to give them up to the creche. If she wanted to be involved in their lives and have a hand in raising them, she feared she might someday perish in Threadfall, and having grown up without a mother herself, S'era wasn't willing to take that risk.

Snapped out of her thoughts as he replied further, raising her one intact eyebrow at his mention of his and Cryssa's relationship remaining open. That seemed mighty ordinary to her, even coming from one of the more conservative northern Weyrs. "Well, good for you, mate. M'glad things're workin' out swimmingly with 'er, though I dunno how much time you're gonna have for another relationship when yer kid makes their debut. Good luck on gettin' a wher, by the way. Have you tried for one yet?"

It was that moment that the hostess herself finally arrived, and S'era's brow creased with concern as she watched the tiny, plucky little woman cheerfully greeting all her guests by name. Well, she had a better memory for faces than S'era did, the blonde could applaud her that-- and when finally a bowl was placed in her hands, S'era offered a bright, even sheepish grin of her own to Cryssa.

"It's good to meetcha in person, Harper Cryssa. As I was tellin' Cindath, congratulations on your pregnancy, and thank you for lettin' all us rabble in for Surma's hatching." she told the bluerider, genuinely grateful. Then, as most others seemed to be doing, she turned her attention to the basket and the trilling lizards surrounding it just in time to see the emergence of a cute little green with pretty wings not unlike a sunset or sunrise, and an asymmetrical mask that covered one eye.

"How cute," she commented, with another crooked grin.

--------------------
S'era of Bronze Rhuinath
wingleader
#D49B50

> profile! <
PM
^
Cryssa
 Posted: Mar 31 2017, 01:38 AM

A. Candidatemaster

"Ah, thank you for the well wishes, and please no need to be so humble! I think Surma likes having an extra pair of eyes here and there even if they might not answer to her directly anymore." the harper would offer S'era a wide smile, her eyes wandering to the basket in delight. "She really is adorable, isn't she?"

The small green would continue to chirp and thrill at the attention she receives from her golden mother, up until another egg begins to crack up. However, the being within this one seems not as eager to see what was outside, as after the first small hole the egg would stop shaking. Well, almost at least. It seems whatever was inside was not happy with the position it had to be in, and somehow managed to tilt the egg more on it's side.

Her curiosity perked, the green would then proceed to poke and nudge at the egg of her sibling, before deciding that he had done enogh lazying about. With a chirp she would begin pulling away at the shell from the cracks already made, until the hole was definitely big enough to come out of.... Yet her sibling stayed withing the egg. So she would thrill and coo in an encouraging manner, until a dull green and blue snout pokes out slowly to breathe in the air. Then, it would pull back into the egg.

Exasperated that the other would act in such a manner even after her attempts of encouragement, the green would finally focus more on the occupants in the room. She wanted to meet everyone so badly, and there was even one, no, four lizards larger than her, three of them much more so! She does not quite yet know what a dragon was, and perhaps she never will, but the ones she can see right now look interesting to her! Oh but she is very, very hungry. Cheeping in alarm, she would look from one person to the other as if indecicive, before her eyes settled on one of the nearer ones. This one looks friendly!

Crawling up on the edge of the basket, the little green would spread her wings carefully, lift her forepaws up and hop! There she goes, beating her wings in a surprisingly confident manner for a hatchling, though she weaves through the air in strange patterns, promptly landing on S'era's shoulder and beginning to chatter at her. Hello, hello! You will be good for her, won't you?

Green Maiden of Winds
|| Bonded To ||
S'era
|| Hex Code ||
#cde9b7
|| Final Size ||
17 inches
|| Personality ||
Sweet .:. Innocent .:. Wanting .:. Maternal

Beautiful daughter of wind.
Brimming with life and yearning.
Descended to the embrace of the ocean.

And was the mother of beginning.

Smallest of the clutch, this green is perhaps the most naive of her sisters and brothers. Easy
to trick into tricks, she wants nothing more than to be friends with everyone and everything. She also
wants to find out about all the wonderful and not so wonderful things in her surroundings, but when she feels something needs to be looked after, she focuses on the task for the short moment it needs before she is allowed to get back to her carefree discoveries. She enjoys twisting and turning as she flies, and her slender, snakelike body makes the displays even more squiggly.

|| Received ||

After the green had taken flight, Surma had decided to crack the rest of the egg with the shy occupant within despite the squawks of protest. Soon enough she was cleaning up a blue with a rather curious pattern, as he seemed dull except for his very bright rings and wings.

user posted image

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Roland
 Posted: Mar 31 2017, 01:49 AM

Greenrider

When the little green took flight Roland followed her with his eyes. Her flight was short since she picke some one close. He turned to S'era with a smile.
"Congratulations." He turned back to the nest at the squaks of protest. The golden mother had remived the rest of the egg to reveal that the shy hatchling was a blue. He tried not to gap at his markings, the rings cautching his attention the most.
"Hes really colorful huh Maliciath?" He got no answer from her since the little green had fallen asleep on his feet. Roland chuckled softly before looking back at the blue.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
S'ol
 Posted: Mar 31 2017, 01:57 AM

Candidate

S'ol smiled vaguely in amusement as the little green poked around. This turned to a quiet laugh as Rodeo crooned in excitement at his daughter then leaned down gently prod the small blue as Surma cleaned him. Perhaps Rodeo did have a parental bone in him despite barely being out of his childhood himself.

Turning to the woman who got the small thing he smirked in amusement again. "Speaking of children, you have another tiny mouth to feed."

--------------------
A really pretty pendant.
user posted image
PM
^
S'era
 Posted: Mar 31 2017, 02:32 AM

Bronzerider

S'era kept some attention on the pot of sand and the firelizards, though she also took care not to miss anything Cryssa and Zarrin might say to her. She wasn't really expecting to be chosen by any of the little critters, especially not the first to crack her shell, so she wasn't too invested in the hatchlings until the half-masked green was fluttering into the air and wasting no time in settling onto S'era's shoulder.

The tall, muscular bronzerider simply stared at the little green, opening her mouth to say something but finding no words. Genuinely surprised, and more than a little enamored with her new and precious companion, S'era's face split into a wide and crooked grin that pulled at the stiffened, scarred flesh on its left. "Well, what're you waiting for? Hungry?"

Lifting the small bowl to be in convenient reach of the pale green with her sunny wings, S'era's smile softened to something more tender as the flit gripped the edge of the dish with her itty-bitty paws, and ducked her head to partake of the small chunks of meat within.

Looking up to the other broody redhead in the room, S'era's lips twitched upward at the corners once more. "Another? I don't think I'd consider any of my other obligations' mouths 'small.'"

It was that moment that Rhuinath chose to chime in, though his words were for S'era alone. She cannot possibly be any more insufferable than the other vexations. For the smug bronze, that was as close as it got to a compliment. "Wonder what I should name her," she mused aloud, looking down at the daintily-eating hatchling.

--------------------
S'era of Bronze Rhuinath
wingleader
#D49B50

> profile! <
PM
^
Zarrin
 Posted: Mar 31 2017, 10:49 AM

Candidate

Zarrin smiled as he turned to kiss Cryssa on her cheek and glanced to S'era with a smile. "Eh, I've not stood for one, but I am going to be standing for Kalesk's next clutch I believe." He moved to lace his fingers with Cryssa's before chuckling. "Well, I'm not sure I'll be going around like I use to up North, but I might find another bed mate if I happen to find one I mesh well with." His eyes moved to the little green as it left the basket and would land upon S'era's shoulder. "Congrats. Firelizards are wonderful creatures. Unless you get one like Nari or Renoth. Then they're more trouble than they are worth."

Nari and Renoth both stopped their chirping to pop their heads up and stare at their bonded. They hissed at him lightly before going back to their noise making for the new hatchlings.
PM
^
X'ular
 Posted: Mar 31 2017, 10:51 AM

Amethystrider

X'ular smiled at Cryssa when she handed him a bowl of meat. He nodded his thanks and moved to stand off to the side. His piercing gaze following the lizards as they left their shells, but after taking in their appearance he would begin glancing about the room taking in the appearance of every one there. He seemed relaxed almost as if he belonged there while some others looked tense. He inhaled slowly before smirking to himself.

What is amusing you mine? the amethyst asked his bonded.

'Nothing too important. Just some things to note. Isn't the harper a gorgeous woman?'

I suppose she is an appealing one for one of your kind.
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply

2.99 Cent Blues skinned by Manda/Ariesness of RPG-Directory.