Welcome
to the southern continent

D'Sanctine Weyr takes place in 10th Pass Pern. AIVAS was never discovered, and Thread still falls on the planet. Overpopulating causes stress in the Weyrs, which leads to the foundation of a new southern Weyr, dubbed D'Sanctine. A Hold is founded to support the Weyr, titled Sanctis Hold. Old riders and prospective candidates flock to the new Weyr for a chance at an easier, less crowded life, but the hatching of dragons of strange colors has left the more conservative holds and Weyrs in the north uneasy. The political atmosphere is tense as a drawn bowstring-- it is only a matter of time before the arrow is loosed.

Current Events
what's happening!

Summer - P10 T16

5/4/17 - Mornings have been foggy thanks to warm days and cool evenings. There was recently a routine Threadfall that only resulted in a few injuries and no fatalities. The weyrfolk are gathering and brewing up some vats of numbweed to resupply, so a section of the Weyr is going to be awfully stinky for a few days.

4/1/17 - Fall has arrived, and with it pleasant breezes and the occasional storm. It's by no means cold, but it isn't as impossibly hot and humid as summer gets.
Current Staff
Who's Who in D'Sanctine Weyr
Senior Weyrwoman
Lauralyn of Gold Sorreath

Junior Weyrwomen
Daetha of Gold Saraiath

Weyrleader
-TBA-

Junior Weyrleaders
Fen'ris of Bronze Tyrth
S'era of Bronze Rhuinath

Weyrlingmasters
C'ven of Blue Jessath
A're of Green Muraath

Assistant Weyrlingmasters
J'lor of Brown Sabath
Angora of Blue Ferith
-OPEN-

Candidatemaster
M'ari of Green Valenth

Assistant Candidatemaster
Cryssa of Blue Cindath

Wherlingmaster
Sennet of Blue Sennesk

Assistant Wherlingmasters
Kalen of Gold Kalesk
Ceanna of Green Ceannsk

Headwoman
Tanna

Assistant Headwoman
-OPEN-
Important Threads
Check These Out!
OOC Staff
our fearless leaders
admins
YERA
SEIRYE
SLINKYSLOTH

mods
MAZAARI
KILNARAK
IOT
Chatbox
Time to say hi!
Linkage
the coolest sites on the net
affiliates
RP Lovers A Gift of Dragons Canyon River Weyr Mithra Weyr

link us

Credits
you guys rock!
Skin and sidebar Manda of RPG-U. Pern and its dragons belong to the late Anne McCaffrey and her family. The characters written here belong to those who created them. Sprites and all pieces of art belong to those who created them; there is a thread for credits and links in the information section of the board.

If you would like to donate to help with the board's premium service and the chatbox, click here!

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply

[Turn's End Gather] Bits, baubles and bobbers, Glassworks Galore
Makani
 Posted: Jul 3 2016, 07:11 PM

Crafter
Group: Character

Mak grinned cheerfully as she finished placing the last display piece out. "Look at it Grim! Our first show by ourselves, it's gonna be great!" Grim for his part stared at it then simply hopped down to investigate his food bowl. Empty. A light swat at the girl's ankles drew her attention down with a blink "What? Oh! Sorry, Right...where did I...Ah hah! Roast wherry, wait no that's my lunch. Ah...here!"

Leaving the now satisfied tom munching his way through a bowl full of minced meat Makani turned back to regard her wares. On one end rested the more mundane plates, glasses and other household requirements. The center held the small baubles, little blobs of glass with color swirled in them, a few simply little sun catchers made of bubbled glass...quite a variety.

The far end though...those held her prized works. from intricate glass hatchlings, to flowers and even one large hollow glass lamp shaped like a dragon on its haunches with a tongue of flame spouting out the top. This last piece she carefully filled with oil then lit it. Grinning the girl stepped back to marvel as the flames danced inside causing the glass flame itself to come alive.

Pleased with that she turned to fiddle with what appeared to be a small glass flower bud on a long stem as she waited for any customers.
PM
^
Zai
 Posted: Jul 3 2016, 08:46 PM

Bluerider

An average, fit woman with close cropped graying hair stopped by. "Hey, do you have a sun-catcher of a gold dragon? One that's sturdy enough to possibly hold up to being poked by an actual curious dragon? ... Its for the Dragon"

--------------------
Zai of Daevith Post Master, rider of a blue ball of optimism.
PM
^
Makani
 Posted: Jul 3 2016, 08:52 PM

Crafter

Mak perked up curiously at the person approaching. At her request she tilted her head thoughtfully. 'Hm...No. BUT! I can make you one! I bet that would be a fun project...I have some gold powder...maybe if I added actual gold flakes..."

Focus definitely wasn't quite her strong suit when given ideas. Nope. Finally coming back to herself she gave Zai a bright grin. "I could probably even get one sorted by the end of the gather! Just have to re-purpose a few pieces, Would cost a bit extra or if you wanted to custom order it I can make it as soon as I get a chance?"
PM
^
Zai
 Posted: Jul 3 2016, 09:03 PM

Bluerider

"Uh... can we define how much extra? I don't have the largest supply of marks here, and I was going to be at the border of affording something regardless. I can though throw in this very large basket of vegetables?"

--------------------
PM
^
Makani
 Posted: Jul 3 2016, 09:18 PM

Crafter

The girl scratched her chin thoughtfully "Well, usually I charge a mark for the sun catcher and a mark and a half for the Dragon Figurine. If I had to combine the two it would be around three marks counting the work done. Two marks if I made it to order though it would take longer."

She motioned up to the sun catchers. "That would also give me a chance to make the crystals to match it instead of choosing from what I have here."
PM
^
Zai
 Posted: Jul 3 2016, 09:28 PM

Bluerider

"2.5 and these delicious vegetables?"

--------------------
PM
^
Makani
 Posted: Jul 3 2016, 09:37 PM

Crafter

Mak leaned over to peer at the vegetables. Grim joined her by hopping up to regard the rider before flicking his tattered ears. Finally she looked back up. "Two and a three quarters mark, Half the vegetables. Swing by in half an hour and I'll have it ready for you."
PM
^
Zai
 Posted: Jul 3 2016, 09:44 PM

Bluerider

"Seriously, just take the vegetables. I have." A large farmer in a low cut blouse passed Zai with a swat to the blue rider's ass and a wink. "I have a bit more of a supply than I can handle alone here".

--------------------
PM
^
Makani
 Posted: Jul 3 2016, 09:47 PM

Crafter

The girl gave her a baffled look then turned the look on the farmer. A moment later her eyes abruptly lit up in understanding and she giggled. "Alright, alright I will save you from the vegetables. But yeah, half an hour tops. Pick out a sun catcher?'

pointing up the girl indicated the veritable riot of colors over their head. Most were solid and in the colors of dragons though many of them had random patterns and one even had decorative flowers worked into the crystals.
PM
^
Zai
 Posted: Jul 3 2016, 10:01 PM

Bluerider

"IS that one up there both blue and Gold? Most of it Cobalt blue? I think Dave would like that one."

"Also, if I look distracted, its not you, its just hard trying to surprise your own dragon."

--------------------
PM
^
Makani
 Posted: Jul 3 2016, 10:06 PM

Crafter

Mak grinned and reached up to pull it down "Yep, alright. hmm..." Turning over to the figurines she deftly plucked a small gold one out of the pile and bent down to nab a kit. "You can just slide the vegetables off under the counter there, I'll get started on this right away. I'll count the vegetables as down payment"

Grinning cheerfully again she turned back to carefully adding hooks to the Figurine.
PM
^
Zai
 Posted: Jul 10 2016, 12:24 PM

Bluerider

In exactly half an hour, to the second, the blue rider showed back up with the shit eating grin of someone up to no good in short order.

"Hey there, here about about an order?"

--------------------
PM
^
Makani
 Posted: Jul 10 2016, 03:38 PM

Crafter

Mak grinned and offered her a large box, probably quite a bit larger then it should be for what it contained, but perfectly large enough a dragon wouldn't drop it. Said box also had a rather large bow holding it closed so he could simply tug it and open the box. "Here you go! got it done early so swapped those veggies for a box and bow big enough for him."

Carefully opening it she pulled out the now remodeled suncatcher. Hanging from the hook was a small curled up golden dragon with crystals of cobalt and gold hanging down below that. Holding it out with a grin she waited for the woman's reaction.
PM
^
Zai
 Posted: Jul 10 2016, 04:18 PM

Bluerider

"It's about the only gold that one will ever catch, but-- He'll love it. Your work is really amazing."

--------------------
PM
^
Makani
 Posted: Jul 10 2016, 04:22 PM

Crafter

That earned Zai a bright smile as the girl carefully returned the thing to its box. "Thanks! I'm pretty proud of it. If you want anything else just let me know! Going to be headed to the weyr after this, was actually on my way there but got permission to stop and do the gather first."

She flashed another grin at that then redid the ribbon with a flourish. "There you go!"
PM
^
Zai
 Posted: Jul 10 2016, 04:47 PM

Bluerider

"The Weyer? Taking up full time glass smithing there? Hope you like flight goggles." She grinned and looked at her watch hastily.

--------------------
PM
^
A'nde
 Posted: Jul 21 2016, 01:24 AM

Silverrider

Hesitant steps carried a young man in long, fluttery kind of clothing up to the glasswork stand. He seemed the sort to be confident enough, but like something bothered him that he could not shake. Some holder's son, maybe, by the bearing and that silver trim on the otherwise black and white outfit. Or, perhaps, not. He wore D'Sanctine weyrling knots over his shoulder, obscured though they were by the robe-like overcoat he wore. Easy enough to pick out the pattern of the ropes up close, though.

A'nde dipped his head politely aside to Zai, murmuring, "Blue rider," as though it were a title of the greatest weight and bearing. Not an ounce of sarcasm in him at that, either, which one might expect out of a weyrling. "Journeyman," he followed similarly with Makani, then peeked over her wares.

The shiny baubles towards the center of the table caught his attention more than anything. The spheres, the remaining suncatchers, he picked over them while chewing on his lower lip.
(Dulceth WANTED one.)
He shifted a step aside, to the little glass hatchlings.
(Dulceth REALLY WANTED one.)
Ever so carefully, he reached for one untinted save for the eyes. He moved with care, obviously not planning to suffer the wrath of any 'you break it, you buy it' rules. Turning it over in his hands, he studied it, a small smile playing across his face, and then placed it back. Decisions, decisions.

--------------------
A'nde of silver Dulceth
user posted image
PMWebsite
^
Makani
 Posted: Jul 21 2016, 01:37 AM

Crafter

Mak hummed quietly and grinned to Zai "Part of the job! Kind of a boring part but it can still be fun too, Make a big sheet of glass and see how many I can make uniform...All kinds of ways to do it!"

Reaching under the counter she non-chalantly placed a small glass hatchling with silver thread running through it on the table in sight without really seeming to acknowledge his existence. She had apparently done her homework of her future home before coming.
PM
^
A'nde
 Posted: Jul 21 2016, 04:15 AM

Silverrider

(DULCETH REALLY WANTED IT.)

That one. That one. That one! It is colored as I am.

Calm down over there. It's poor form to look too eager.

He plucked over the table again, fingers hovering without touching. The young man didn't want to smudge up the glass, so only nudged one once he more or less settled on it. What A'nde picked out first was a suncatcher mobile, its top piece a stained glass sunny motif, like a sunrise or sunset under which hung stars. He just couldn't resist. Even if it would be half a turn or more before he truly had a place to hang it, it was just perfect.

Mentally tallying his marks, he updated his list. Something decorative, something to make Dul happy - those both out of the way, now - good boots because he was rather unhappy with the newest ones the weyr issued, and the rest on clothes and paper. Clothes before paper. The woodcrafters were going to probably get every last leftover mark he'd brought with him from the north.

He still felt kind of queasy about being so far away from his dragon for so long. Around and immediately outside of the weyrbowl was one thing, but...

Just bring me my tiny me, and one of those fluffy flaky things with the purple and white filling you were staring at earlier, and everything will be better. The dragon radiated reassurance in the background. Also hunger and the distinct desire to eat a bug. But mostly reassurance.

He added the cheesecake and berry pastry to his mental tally. Three of them, on second thought.

Out loud, he ventured, "This and... that," he indicated the silver-threaded dragon, of course. "Also, not trying to buy it, but that flower you have is amazing."

--------------------
A'nde of silver Dulceth
user posted image
PMWebsite
^
Makani
 Posted: Jul 21 2016, 04:26 AM

Crafter

Finally turning to regard the young man she grinned brighter as she deftly picked up his choices "Two and a half marks for these. The flower? You haven't even seen it work it! that's the coolest part!"

Ducking back down under the counter a distinctly annoyed yowl sounded "Oops, sorry grim! well if you wouldn't SIT on my pot I would have to move you to get to it! Don't give me that look, and you best not have tried to...You ate my plant!" With a huff she finally popped back up and placed a pot with dirt...and the poor eaten stump of what used to be a flower...on the table "Watch this!"

Pushing the stem of the flower she carefully took a small bottle of water and poured it into the top. As she did so the petals of the flower slowly opened one by one as they filled with water till it was in full bloom. "Cool huh?! As it waters the plant it will close back up so you know you need to refill it!"
PM
^
A'nde
 Posted: Jul 21 2016, 04:49 AM

Silverrider

Two and a half...

Those are the special ones. Like you said earlier, one for you and one for me.

What's a mark for making you happy anyway, huh, big guy?

A'nde pulled a coinbag from beneath his coat, picking through it for the properly stamped marks. He breathed a sigh and deposited them up on the stand. His eyebrows quirked up, though, watching the flower. "Oh, whoa. How does it... oh, that's neat. I know a few people who might love something like that. We have these little... um. Okay, so a good few of us keep these little pots of bamboo grass. Good luck, someone had told me they were supposed to mean. But we're in and out so much working, it's hard to remember to water them sometimes..."

He trailed off, then smiled. "That's really fascinating. Think it could be really useful, and it's lovely, too."

--------------------
A'nde of silver Dulceth
user posted image
PMWebsite
^
Makani
 Posted: Jul 21 2016, 05:01 AM

Crafter

She grinned brightly at the question of how did it work. Oh that was a bad idea to ask her how something works. "You really wanna know?! Alright! Okay see this?" Plucking it up out of the dirt she quickly turned it upright to dump the water out then show him the inside. "It's got this bladder thing inside it which the tubes are attached to, took me forever to figure out how to get a solid bond and not have it gum up everything. Big pain."

Turning it back upright and planting it once more she leaned up so she could pull a petal back to show him the tube and...a very tiny spring. "Spring keeps it closed when empty, just enough strength there. Set into the glass itself but easy enough to pull out and replace if needed!"

Pulling another small bottle out she carefully added some red dye to the water then poured more into the flower turning it into a red bloom. "That's always my favorite trick to do with it. Can color it to match the flowers you have it planted with, kind of like Camouflage!"
PM
^
Zai
 Posted: Jul 21 2016, 06:48 PM

Bluerider

Zai Nodded to... whoever that guy was. "Random guy. You want a carrot?" She held up a bag of vegetables. "Because I just got a fresh metric shit ton of carrots. Also, FYI, I wont an actual metric shit ton over at the golden turd toss."

She gestured over the stuff in the booth. "Service here is prompt and very on time, if you;re thinking about it. Though good luck hiding it from a dragon if you're trying to sneak up on him with a gift. Try thinking really hard of fat wherries with like three quarters of your mind. Or distracted him with a giant horde of cuddling children."

--------------------
PM
^
A'nde
 Posted: Jul 22 2016, 07:13 AM

Silverrider

"I don't think all the water in the world will bring that plant back from getting chewed on, though. But you could sneakily replace it with the glass ones, coloring them like that." A'nde teased Makani, though studied the bloom with interest, like he was trying to pick it apart. Not quite his specialty, there, but he smiled. "That's an amazing idea, really smart. I do think you should make a handful of little ones and tempt the weyrlings with them. We've a few green thumbs in the current classes. Maybe the lower caverns staff, too. I know there's at least two with a knack for tending herb gardens? They might like a few pretty things to put out in them."

He turned partially aside to face Zai, blinking. He was a tall and lanky one, pale hair, vaguely more sunburnt than tanned. "I... I love any kind of roots. If I may?" (Dulcethwantedit. A'nde silently reminded him that the last time he tried to eat a carrot it did not end well.) Though he hesitated after a moment, teeth catching the corner of his lower lip. "Don't have much proper to trade for one, though. Decent paper, later, perhaps? Haven't quite gotten the knack of hiding anything from my other half, either, I confess. Though he ends up so excited over surprises that it doesn't seem to matter if they actually surprise him or not."

It was only as an afterthought that he thought to introduce himself, looking sheepish about it. "Random guy works, if you'd rather it, but name's A'nde. Realize it may be uneven for me to know vaguely of you, and not have it the other way around, too."

--------------------
A'nde of silver Dulceth
user posted image
PMWebsite
^
Zai
 Posted: Jul 22 2016, 07:13 PM

Bluerider

"Honey, you're my future boss. Think of it as early vegetable bribery against the next time I call you a twat waffle who knows nothing about the intricacies of package logistics systems, and maybe toss a log book at you. Also I have a vegetable based issue. Don't ask."

"And Zai, Of Daevith, though it seems the rumors beat to the intro." She offered him a hand "A'nde? Lucky bastard with your multi syllable name. I dont think I ever saw someone so relieved as the fellow at my hatching feast who realized I was a woman about an hour into trying to figure out how to shove an apostrophe up in my name." she grinned.

"Hey glass-lady-- you also want a carrot?"

--------------------
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply

2.99 Cent Blues skinned by Manda/Ariesness of RPG-Directory.