Welcome
to the southern continent

D'Sanctine Weyr takes place in 10th Pass Pern. AIVAS was never discovered, and Thread still falls on the planet. Overpopulating causes stress in the Weyrs, which leads to the foundation of a new southern Weyr, dubbed D'Sanctine. A Hold is founded to support the Weyr, titled Sanctis Hold. Old riders and prospective candidates flock to the new Weyr for a chance at an easier, less crowded life, but the hatching of dragons of strange colors has left the more conservative holds and Weyrs in the north uneasy. The political atmosphere is tense as a drawn bowstring-- it is only a matter of time before the arrow is loosed.

Current Events
what's happening!

Summer - P10 T16

5/4/17 - Mornings have been foggy thanks to warm days and cool evenings. There was recently a routine Threadfall that only resulted in a few injuries and no fatalities. The weyrfolk are gathering and brewing up some vats of numbweed to resupply, so a section of the Weyr is going to be awfully stinky for a few days.

4/1/17 - Fall has arrived, and with it pleasant breezes and the occasional storm. It's by no means cold, but it isn't as impossibly hot and humid as summer gets.
Current Staff
Who's Who in D'Sanctine Weyr
Senior Weyrwoman
Lauralyn of Gold Sorreath

Junior Weyrwomen
Daetha of Gold Saraiath

Weyrleader
-TBA-

Junior Weyrleaders
Fen'ris of Bronze Tyrth
S'era of Bronze Rhuinath

Weyrlingmasters
C'ven of Blue Jessath
A're of Green Muraath

Assistant Weyrlingmasters
J'lor of Brown Sabath
Angora of Blue Ferith
-OPEN-

Candidatemaster
M'ari of Green Valenth

Assistant Candidatemaster
Cryssa of Blue Cindath

Wherlingmaster
Sennet of Blue Sennesk

Assistant Wherlingmasters
Kalen of Gold Kalesk
Ceanna of Green Ceannsk

Headwoman
Tanna

Assistant Headwoman
-OPEN-
Important Threads
Check These Out!
OOC Staff
our fearless leaders
admins
YERA
SEIRYE
SLINKYSLOTH

mods
MAZAARI
KILNARAK
IOT
Chatbox
Time to say hi!
Linkage
the coolest sites on the net
affiliates
RP Lovers A Gift of Dragons Canyon River Weyr Mithra Weyr

link us

Credits
you guys rock!
Skin and sidebar Manda of RPG-U. Pern and its dragons belong to the late Anne McCaffrey and her family. The characters written here belong to those who created them. Sprites and all pieces of art belong to those who created them; there is a thread for credits and links in the information section of the board.

If you would like to donate to help with the board's premium service and the chatbox, click here!

Add Reply
New Poll

A New Leaf, Tag: Angora and Ferith
Winny
 Posted: Apr 4 2017, 10:10 PM

Greenrider
Group: Character

Tightening Doriath's straps one last time, buckling the fine leather into place, Winny double- and triple-checked their security just as she would do for a runner's saddle and made sure that the thin loop of braided fabric was snug about Doriath's neck. Her 'saddlebags' were packed with food and a med kit-- Winny never left without one-- and the special pad that rested beneath the harness where Winny would sit was on straight and in the proper position. It was all lightweight stuff, nothing a human couldn't carry (though it was a bit bulky if you tried to haul it all at once), but a little heavier than the simplistic straps flying dragons used.

Doriath danced in place, tail lashing behind her. Come onnnn. Isn't this too much for just a quick trip to visit Ferith's? the green whined.

"I want to try and get some hunting and exploring done today. I found some stuff in the journal A'nde showed me, I want to find the plants-- apparently they have really good medicinal properties. Anyways, you know how many dangerous things there are out there? Even close to the Weyr... wild tunnelsnakes, feral whers, insects... What if I got bit by something poisonous? Besides, Angora said she's sore, so I'm bringing numbweed and some herbal tea. And lunch. She barely has time to eat."

I wish she had more time to rest... Ferith worries. This was said in a sad croon, but Winny patted Doriath's flank before sticking a foot in a stirrup and boosted herself up. She slid her cane into a custom sheath attached to the custom-built and designed saddle, which would someday hopefully hook onto an artificial wing to help balance Doriath out. She'd never fly again, probably never even glide, but it could make the green feel better and Winny had the marks to spare. She would talk to the crafters soon, now that this rig was done.

"Well, much as I hate to say it, she kind of deserved it. She didn't even tell C'ven, and they're thick as thieves. You can't just run off whenever it suits your fancy, makes everybody else think they can get away with it too, and suddenly people are leaving during Threadfalls to get out of them, and then all of Pern is in trouble."

Angora and C'ven aren't thieves? the green half-asked, as she began a plucky little jog out of their weyr. Five raptors were at her heels, squawking excitedly at one another. Two greens, a blue, a rose and a ruby that belonged to someone else, but hung out with Winny's pack more often than he hung out with his owner. They strutted and sprinted, excited to be going on an adventure.

"Of course not. Well, they steal hearts, but they aren't thieves. It's just a turn of phrase."

How come stealing hearts doesn't make them thieves?

"Also a turn of phrase, Sweet Pea."

Oh. Ohhh. Are you ever gonna say anything to her? A'nde would not be upset! He wants you to 'smooch' her, remember?

Winny's face took on a decidedly scarlet hue as the shadows of the glow-lit tunnel typically used by tithe caravans engulfed the lot of them. A few firelizards who had been following dipped in after them, but landed somewhere on Doriath's harness and clung, chattering at one another.

"She's really busy, and I wouldn't want to bother her with it..." she told Doriath, though they both knew it was simply an excuse.

Snorting, the green said so. You're just a scaredy-flit. You're scared she'll tell you no!

"I am n--... well, fine, maybe I am. I don't want to ruin our friendship, and isn't it too soon? I mean, her brother just died. That's really hard, and I can't imagine that she's over it. Plus, she really is busy."

Yeah, but... I think you're both silly. Ferith agrees.

"If he says a word to His, I'm going to have both your heads."

Pfft, you would be relieved to not have to do it yourself!

"Would not. I'd be embarrassed that I didn't get to say it myself."

Then I guess you know what you need to do!

"Doriath--" but Winny was cut off, and let out a yelp as the dragon suddenly bolted into the fresh, jungle air. Grasping the fabric loop, Winny scowled and worked on hanging on, leaning back and trying to keep her seat.

---

It wasn't terribly long before they arrived at the spot Doriath knew the blue and His to be, and Winny knew that her ass would be sore if not for the new padding between her rear and Doriath's shoulders. The green slowed to a long-legged walk. raptors slowing as they kept up with her. Winny rested one gloved palm on her thigh, holding the neck ring in the other. Her eyes traveled through the trees, searching for the telltale blue of Angora's dragon.

"D'you feel 'em?"

Yep! They're here. Somewhere.

"Helpful as ever."

--------------------
Winny of Green Doriath
aspiring healer
dragon possessing the abilities Anodyne and Empathy
#38DD6D

accompanied by a small zoo

> profile! <
PM
^
Angora
 Posted: Apr 5 2017, 10:20 PM

Assistant Weyrlingmaster

The jungle around Winny and Dori remained mostly quiet...except for the sound of heavy footfall quickly approaching. It was enough that the ground shook and smaller trees could be heard breaking. The sound got louder and louder until suddenly a small herdbeast suddenly bolted from the trees, passing right in front of Dori and Winny before disappearing again. Those loud footsteps were soon right next to them as well before a giant blue wall of dragon, leapt out over the slightly worn down path, following after the herdbeast with a loud honk. That blue wall seemed to have noticed who he passed though and dug his claws into the ground. He slid and skidded, running into a few trees before turning and trotting his way back over to Winny and Dori. The food could wait. He found friends!

“Doriath! Winny! Hello! What are you doing way out here??” Ferith snorted, but mentally gasped. “Are you here to see Mine??” He didn’t even wait for an answer before he turned and started walking back the way he came where he’d made an unintentional path. “Follow me! Mine made us a spot! It’s not finished...but I help work on it while she’s busy! Though I usually break something. She is sleeping...but she will be happy to see you!”

The blue led the pair on a short walk a bit deeper into the jungle and off any traveled path. Eventually they made it to what looked like a small clearing that’d been made. Trees had been cut down or torn out to open up the space. A fire was going in the center and there were a few bundles of supplies about and what looked to be a small in progress cabin. There was also a lean-to shelter closer to the fire with a pile of tarp...that moved. Angora was probably under it, confirmed when Ferith when over to nose at it. Blotch, Angora’s bronze raptor, also made an appearance as he ran and slid across the whole campsite chasing bugs and small rodents.

"Mine! Winny and Dori are here!"

--------------------
☆*:.。Angora of Blue Ferith。.:*☆

user posted image

PMEmail
^
Winny
 Posted: Apr 9 2017, 08:32 PM

Greenrider

Doriath arched her neck with a snort as Ferith arrived, green-yellow surprise coloring her faceted eyes a split second before the cyan at their center spread and enveloped both orbs. Ferith! she called, dancing forward eagerly and not really noticing if Winny took a few branches to the head in the process. She nuzzled and crooned at him, pausing as he turned and began to lead them back the way he'd come.

Yes, you and Yours! We brought her food and numbing stuff. Bobbing her head from side to side as she walked, as if to an inaudible tune, the green trotted along beside him. Her tail curled with her delight, and Winny offered the blue a quizzical lift of her eyebrows.

"Working on what, exactly?"

Her question didn't linger for terribly long, anyways, as they came out into a clearing where... what looked to be a partially-built shell of a cabin was located, and Winny blinked. Were... they building a house out here in the woods?

Of course, without much further ado, the blue was trampling off to wake His, who was apparently asleep in a little lean-to near a campfire. She saw the splotchy raptor darting about to join in the fray, and upon being spotted, Winny's darted from the underbrush and called for the bronze, bouncing eagerly once they reached him.

Throwing her leg over the back of the saddle so that she could dismount, Winny dropped down and landed neatly on her feet. A little different than riding a horse-- a lot different-- but not different enough that she was particularly sore. The saddle was comfortable, she had to give credit to the leatherworker who had made it.

"Angora?" she called, and Dori made dancy feets as the blonde patted her flank and pulled her cane free.

--------------------
Winny of Green Doriath
aspiring healer
#38DD6D

> profile! <
PM
^
Angora
 Posted: Apr 18 2017, 12:38 AM

Assistant Weyrlingmaster

At first, there was just a tired groan from the pile of tarp followed by a scarred hand tiredly trying to swat at Ferith’s nose.

“Just a little longer….”

Blotch had immediately forgotten his bug chasing to instead join up with Winny’s group of raptors. He knew where all the good bugs were! It was only when Angora finally heard Winny speak that she shot right up into a sitting position, nearly smacking her head on her makeshift shelter. Her hair was a mess with a few leaves sticking out here and there. There were dark bags under her eyes, which only added to the shocked look on her face.

“A-Ah! Winny?? Wh-...” She shot a look at Ferith. He could have warned her! Angora frantically ran her hands through her hair to try and make it look less terrible.

“U-Uh...hello. I didn’t really expect to see you out here. Or anyone really. What uh-” She cleared her throat. “What...brings you two out here?”

“They have food!”

Angora gave Winny a confused look. “Picnic in the jungle?”

--------------------
☆*:.。Angora of Blue Ferith。.:*☆

user posted image

PMEmail
^
Winny
 Posted: Apr 18 2017, 12:47 AM

Greenrider

Winny covered her hand to muffle her laughter, having pulled one of the bags off Doriath's harness as the green settled in on the soft, mossy ground comfortably. Dori let out a noise somewhere between a honk, groan and croon at Ferith, a mellow invitation for him to join her. Winny, however, moved to plop down next to Angora's snuffed-out campfire, offering the silver-haired rider a bright smile.

"I managed to filch some food from the kitchens for lunch. I knew you probably haven't been eating enough lately. I also brought my med-bag, which includes some numbweed, since I knew you were achy. Dori told me. Anyways, uh... what are you doing out here, anyways?"

She gestured to the half-built shell of the cabin with the handle of her cane, before setting it down beside her and opening up the saddlebag so she could pull out some small, wrapped parcels containing elements of lunch. Some smoked meats, cheese, a basket stuffed full of fruits, a smaller parcel of sliced tubers roasted with onions, and a few canteens of water and even some wine.

In the meantime, Winny's pack of raptors had called their greetings to Blotch, happily absorbing him into their little group and more than willing to follow the larger male to the best bug-hunting spot he knew. This was their first time into the jungle! They were excited, but not all too experienced. Ivy seemed the most sensible, while Clover was the noisiest and most easily-distracted.

--------------------
Winny of Green Doriath
aspiring healer
#38DD6D

> profile! <
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

2.99 Cent Blues skinned by Manda/Ariesness of RPG-Directory.