Welcome
to the southern continent

D'Sanctine Weyr takes place in 10th Pass Pern. AIVAS was never discovered, and Thread still falls on the planet. Overpopulating causes stress in the Weyrs, which leads to the foundation of a new southern Weyr, dubbed D'Sanctine. A Hold is founded to support the Weyr, titled Sanctis Hold. Old riders and prospective candidates flock to the new Weyr for a chance at an easier, less crowded life, but the hatching of dragons of strange colors has left the more conservative holds and Weyrs in the north uneasy. The political atmosphere is tense as a drawn bowstring-- it is only a matter of time before the arrow is loosed.

Current Events
what's happening!

Summer - P10 T16

5/4/17 - Mornings have been foggy thanks to warm days and cool evenings. There was recently a routine Threadfall that only resulted in a few injuries and no fatalities. The weyrfolk are gathering and brewing up some vats of numbweed to resupply, so a section of the Weyr is going to be awfully stinky for a few days.

4/1/17 - Fall has arrived, and with it pleasant breezes and the occasional storm. It's by no means cold, but it isn't as impossibly hot and humid as summer gets.
Current Staff
Who's Who in D'Sanctine Weyr
Senior Weyrwoman
Lauralyn of Gold Sorreath

Junior Weyrwomen
Daetha of Gold Saraiath

Weyrleader
-TBA-

Junior Weyrleaders
Fen'ris of Bronze Tyrth
S'era of Bronze Rhuinath

Weyrlingmasters
C'ven of Blue Jessath
A're of Green Muraath

Assistant Weyrlingmasters
J'lor of Brown Sabath
Angora of Blue Ferith
-OPEN-

Candidatemaster
M'ari of Green Valenth

Assistant Candidatemaster
Cryssa of Blue Cindath

Wherlingmaster
Sennet of Blue Sennesk

Assistant Wherlingmasters
Kalen of Gold Kalesk
Ceanna of Green Ceannsk

Headwoman
Tanna

Assistant Headwoman
-OPEN-
Important Threads
Check These Out!
OOC Staff
our fearless leaders
admins
YERA
SEIRYE
SLINKYSLOTH

mods
MAZAARI
KILNARAK
IOT
Chatbox
Time to say hi!
Linkage
the coolest sites on the net
affiliates
RP Lovers A Gift of Dragons Canyon River Weyr Mithra Weyr

link us

Credits
you guys rock!
Skin and sidebar Manda of RPG-U. Pern and its dragons belong to the late Anne McCaffrey and her family. The characters written here belong to those who created them. Sprites and all pieces of art belong to those who created them; there is a thread for credits and links in the information section of the board.

If you would like to donate to help with the board's premium service and the chatbox, click here!

Add Reply

Living arrangements, Tags: Lauralyn, Private
Zarrin
 Posted: May 7 2017, 11:08 AM

Candidate
Group: Character

Zarrin, with his fat bronze Renoth on his left shoulder and the slimmer brown Nari on his right, moved down the halls of the weyr with his eyes forward and less slumpy than normal. It had been a little over a turn now, maybe more than that, since the redhead had arrived at D'sanctine Weyr from the north. He was still Dragonlost, and would be for ever, but he had made huge advancements with adjusting to life in the weyr. In fact, it was the reason he was heading for the Queen's Weyr this evening for example. Zarrin was going to be a father soon with his weyrmate, Cryssa of blue Cindath, and needed to discuss some things with Lauralyn.

The male was nervous for various reasons. Who was to blame him? Lauralyn was gorgeous, Senior Weyrwoman, Queen Rider to a lovely gold, and had a dragon. The main part being the dragon, but he was sure he could handle himself. He hoped.

The redhead finally reached her door before moving to pet Nari on his head then knocking heavily on the door. "I hope she isn't busy or isn't home. It took all day for Cryssa and Cindath to get me talked up enough to approach the woman..." He rumbled out softly.
PM
^
Lauralyn
 Posted: May 7 2017, 01:25 PM

Senior Weyrwoman

During the day, Lauralyn liked to be out and about in the Weyr. Whereas the former Senior Weyrwoman had been content to shut herself up in her weyr and be seen only during big events, Lauralyn wanted to be familiar with the weyrfolk and her riders. She wanted to be the antithesis to Beattrix, may she rest in peace, and she thought that it would be good for morale just to be out and about and doing things. During the late afternoons and early evenings, she retired to the council room one had to go through to reach her personal quarters to go over her records and correspondence.

She was pouring over some hides helpfully provided to her by the Harpers, weyrfolk and some of the more scholarly riders, things that had been written down during the previous Senior Weyrwoman's time by more responsible individuals than her. Things that still needed to be added to the Weyrwoman's records, to fill in Turns' worth of negligence. It was inconvenient, but Lauralyn devoted a few marks each day to working on them and had enlisted A'nde and Seva to the cause as well. They were making steady progress, and she was satisfied at how that was coming along thus far.

Peet let out a croaking chirp a moment before the knock, and both startled Lauralyn out of her reading. She looked up, blinking owlishly at the door. Normally, she left it open in case anyone had some matter or another to bring to her, but today she'd left it closed on a whim. Figures-- the day she thought it probably wouldn't matter was the day that it would. Quirking a half-smile, she reached up to give her odd little firelizard a rub between her head-knobs before pushing her chair back and standing. "A moment," she called out, stretching the stiffness out of her limbs while Worm, who had been curled up on her lap, chattered his displeasure at being unseated.

Skirting around the edge of the table, she made her way briskly to the double-doors, and her hand slid down the rich, reddish wood appreciatively before pushing down the lever that latched the door shut. It was unlocked, anyways. She wouldn't have minded if people let themselves in. "Hello? Oh, hi! Come on in, I was just going over some records."

The smile she afforded Zarrin was bright and genuine, and though her job was a quite fatiguing one, she seemed no worse for wear. Her clothes were presentable, casual and clean; a practical, breezy sundress designed for comfort in the hot climate, and durable sandals. "Have a seat. Zarrin, right? The dragons are so excited for you and Cryssa. You know how they are, gossipy things. When is she due?"

Moving back to her own chair, Lauralyn settled herself in neatly, pushing the stack of hides, scrolls, slates and letters out from in front of her to eliminate potential distractions. She wanted her guest to know her attention was on him and whatever he had come to talk to her about. Folding her hands in her lap, she looked up and smiled again. "So, what brings you here? Is something the matter?"

--------------------
junior weyrwoman
#F0CA78

accompanied by firelizard Green Peet and wherfox Blue Sleet

> profile! <
PM
^
Zarrin
 Posted: May 7 2017, 01:45 PM

Candidate

He sighed as he heard her call out from within. "Thank the first that she is home." He chuckled lightly to himself. He glanced to Nari and Renoth before looking back at the door as it opened. He nodded lightly to Lauralyn, "Evening." He wasn't sure she would know him, but she did. That shocked him a bit. With no other words exchanged, he moved into her weyr and took a seat quietly. He sat up straight and glanced around in a tensed moment. "Where is Sorreath? Out and about or resting further in the weyr?" He asked as calmly as he could. Though anyone trained to see the pain on a dragonlost's face could see a twinge run through him. He fidgeted a bit with his trousers around the knees.

"Ah, she is due in a few more months I believe. She is already plumping up to the point that her dresses don't fit properly any longer. No, nothing is wrong, but I came here to ask you for advice. I wish to stand on Kalesk's next clutch to become a handler, but I am Cryssa's weyrmate and she is a rider. Is there anything that can be done to accommodate a wher during the day in Cryssa's weyr? Or a dragon at night in a den?"
PM
^
Lauralyn
 Posted: May 7 2017, 03:56 PM

Senior Weyrwoman

Lauralyn nodded once. "Yes, she's out sunning on the high ledges. She's been flirty recently," she commented with a roll of her eyes, though silently she wondered if that meant anything. Sorreath's past two flights had been almost two Turns apart, so it would be exceptionally early if she were to fly any time soon. Not that D'Sanctine could not use it-- they were still without an official Weyrleader, after all. While Lauralyn intended to continue to take the opinions of her council and Wingleaders into consideration above that of a single individual, there was a very pronounced discomfort when meeting with northern dignitaries and diplomats. It was against tradition, and the northerners loved their traditions.

Lauralyn almost hoped another woman bronzerider won Sorreath's flight, just to prove a point. Conservative, old-fashioned old men-- they just didn't think women were capable of leading. She'd even overheard some brazen talk of 'well how can a woman be trusted to be in charge during her times of bleeding?' on one of her recent trips to Telgar, and she didn't think that the speakers had been trying too hard to keep a hushed tone. If she had been a more temperamental person, they might have found out that it didn't take a bleeding time for her to be inclined to wringing necks.

Pulling herself from her reverie, she refocused on Zarrin as he explained Cryssa's condition, and his dilemma. A shallow furrow formed between her brows, and she leaned back while crossing a knee smoothly over the other. It wasn't a very demanding request, or one that required much thought. Still, she wanted to provide the best and most comfortable options, so she devoted a moment to mulling it over before making a hasty suggestion.

"Hmm. Well, the easiest arrangement would probably be to give you a mid- or ground-floor weyr and to construct a wall between Cindath's bed and ledge and wherever your future wher would sleep. That could block the light efficiently. You could use a door, or the thick curtains that don't allow light through, for passage between the halves. Perhaps... we could construct something special for you like that, ground level, and dig out another chamber thoroughly tucked away so that it stays dark during the daytime? Then, you could let light into your living quarters and such, while making sure it wouldn't disturb a wher. Here," she explained, thinking aloud as much as she was making a suggestion.

Grabbing a slate, she used a rag to quickly wipe away some chalk figures before sketching out a rough layout. She was neither artist nor architect, but her lines were straight and the rooms were labeled in neat cursive.

user posted image

--------------------
junior weyrwoman
#F0CA78

> profile! <
PM
^
Zarrin
 Posted: May 7 2017, 08:24 PM

Candidate

Zarrin nodded when she responded about Sorreath. "That is kind of adorable. Does she have a preferred suitor for her next flight?" He shifted a bit in his seat. "Which the next flight would bring forth the next Weyrleader, correct?" He asked softly. "I....would have been there at one point, but I do hope a certain bronze manages to claim that. I just don't know if his rider would like that." He chuckled softly.

Once she was going on about the living arrangements, his eyes focused on her drawing and nodded. "Would moving Cindath and Cryssa be a lot of effort? Would it stress her and the baby? Should I wait until the baby is born?" He was rattling off questions one after another as she drew. "Though, I like that design. Would need to ask some whers to dig out his den in the new weyr, yes?"
PM
^
Lauralyn
 Posted: May 8 2017, 06:19 PM

Senior Weyrwoman

Lauralyn offered him a smile, but it managed to be a bit tight-lipped and suddenly fatigued. "Sorreath's next flight determines the Weyrleader, yes. She is quite smitten with a couple of her suitors, but she might be unable to choose them when such an important position is at stake," she told him, waving a hand dismissively. Despite the fact that Zarrin wasn't even a rider, she didn't want to voice which males Sorreath actually favored by name to prevent any premature expectations-- not that it was any big secret. Anybody who was even slightly informed knew the two the gold fancied.

An eyebrow rose at Zarrin's comments about a certain bronze, but she let it slide without bringing it up further. Everyone would want the person they considered a friend to win the flight, and that didn't necessarily take into consideration qualifications. Lauralyn herself was quite fond of a few of Sorreath's options, but from an objective standpoint, they simply weren't sensible choices. It was a source of constant stress for the Senior Weyrwoman; her choice would influence Sorreath, and Sorreath's decision would ultimately decide the future of D'Sanctine. Lauralyn prayed that they would both do the right thing.

"I wouldn't expect so, no. The biggest hassle would be moving all of your furniture and belongings, and Cryssa needn't take part in any of the heavy lifting. I'm sure there's an acceptable weyr that's already dug out, but yes, getting some whers to dig in the den before some miners and carpenters come in to clean it up and make sure the necessary supports are in place would be necessary. Just need to have someone assess it and make sure you won't dig into the neighboring weyr," she explained, setting the chalk down.

--------------------
junior weyrwoman
#F0CA78

> profile! <
PM
^
Zarrin
 Posted: May 10 2017, 01:59 PM

Candidate

Zarrin nodded as he stood up and gave a bow. "Thank you, Lauralyn, for speaking with me and giving permission to find a suitable living arrangement for my weyrmate and myself. If there is anything we can do for you or your dragon let us know, ok?" He smiled before extending his hand to her. "I have picked up leather working and butchering so just let me know if you need anything done quickly."
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply

2.99 Cent Blues skinned by Manda/Ariesness of RPG-Directory.