Welcome
to the southern continent

D'Sanctine Weyr takes place in 10th Pass Pern. AIVAS was never discovered, and Thread still falls on the planet. Overpopulating causes stress in the Weyrs, which leads to the foundation of a new southern Weyr, dubbed D'Sanctine. A Hold is founded to support the Weyr, titled Sanctis Hold. Old riders and prospective candidates flock to the new Weyr for a chance at an easier, less crowded life, but the hatching of dragons of strange colors has left the more conservative holds and Weyrs in the north uneasy. The political atmosphere is tense as a drawn bowstring-- it is only a matter of time before the arrow is loosed.

Current Events
what's happening!

Summer - P10 T16

5/4/17 - Mornings have been foggy thanks to warm days and cool evenings. There was recently a routine Threadfall that only resulted in a few injuries and no fatalities. The weyrfolk are gathering and brewing up some vats of numbweed to resupply, so a section of the Weyr is going to be awfully stinky for a few days.

4/1/17 - Fall has arrived, and with it pleasant breezes and the occasional storm. It's by no means cold, but it isn't as impossibly hot and humid as summer gets.
Current Staff
Who's Who in D'Sanctine Weyr
Senior Weyrwoman
Lauralyn of Gold Sorreath

Junior Weyrwomen
Daetha of Gold Saraiath

Weyrleader
-TBA-

Junior Weyrleaders
Fen'ris of Bronze Tyrth
S'era of Bronze Rhuinath

Weyrlingmasters
C'ven of Blue Jessath
A're of Green Muraath

Assistant Weyrlingmasters
J'lor of Brown Sabath
Angora of Blue Ferith
-OPEN-

Candidatemaster
M'ari of Green Valenth

Assistant Candidatemaster
Cryssa of Blue Cindath

Wherlingmaster
Sennet of Blue Sennesk

Assistant Wherlingmasters
Kalen of Gold Kalesk
Ceanna of Green Ceannsk

Headwoman
Tanna

Assistant Headwoman
-OPEN-
Important Threads
Check These Out!
OOC Staff
our fearless leaders
admins
YERA
SEIRYE
SLINKYSLOTH

mods
MAZAARI
KILNARAK
IOT
Chatbox
Time to say hi!
Linkage
the coolest sites on the net
affiliates
RP Lovers A Gift of Dragons Canyon River Weyr Mithra Weyr

link us

Credits
you guys rock!
Skin and sidebar Manda of RPG-U. Pern and its dragons belong to the late Anne McCaffrey and her family. The characters written here belong to those who created them. Sprites and all pieces of art belong to those who created them; there is a thread for credits and links in the information section of the board.

If you would like to donate to help with the board's premium service and the chatbox, click here!

Add Reply

IP: Brick Walls (M1)
C'ven
 Posted: Mar 28 2017, 09:23 PM

Weyrlingmaster
Group: Character

It was a good day. A genuinely, naturally excellent day, following a wonderful, happy, free night. Who cared how many people had gotten to meet the infamous Kevin last night? C'ven had been determined to celebrate his freedom, and he had indeed done so! He'd drank until he couldn't sit upright, and then he'd had a little more, just to top it all off, and he still hadn't lost his laugh, or ended the night with his head in a chamberpot.

And he had gone home to bed with someone he'd never met before, because he was single again, and because he could.

But that didn't stop lessons from coming the next day, and above all else, C'ven was a Weyrlingmaster. A prompt one at that, whether he was hung over or not. And maybe he was, just a little, but now he was D'Sanctine's only Weyrlingmaster, so he had quite a bit to do.

With a little klah to get him started, despite hating the stuff, C'ven strolled into the outdoor classroom area with a grin on his face. He seemed to have a newfound passion for life, and after catching up with all of the Weyrlings and making sure they all knew the groups were attending this lesson together, he'd cobbled together a lesson plan.

Jessath had already called the Weyrlings, and from what C'ven could tell, most of them were present. The blue was lounging easily, watching the young dragons with interest, the tip of his tail twitching. He had recovered exceptionally well from his coma, and C'ven was glad for it: his dragon's health showed in his own.

"Sex!" C'ven stopped in front of the class, turned to face them, folded his arms over his chest. "Hunger. Fatigue. Incessant chatting," he half laughed and half growled, tapping his temples as he started pacing. "All of these things, so many more, you have all experienced just in the last month of your young dragon's lives. Now, the first one? You better not be having any, not with a baby in your mind, but some of you may have thought about it."

He stopped in front of one of the pairs, a blue dragon and his rider, and flashed them a grin and a wink. "Plenty of reasons to, of course. But that's not the point here. Point is, you're all thinking about all these things, and I guarantee your dragon has picked up on some, if not all, of it. Your minds are like leaking faucets, and the dragons' are like sponges. They will pick up anything you let leak, whether you like it or not. You have a crush on another Weyrling? Congratulations, your dragon knows. And if your dragon likes to talk, then..."

He shrugged, stopping in front of the class again. "So today, we're going to learn how to block each other out. You will, of course, be working with your dragon. What I want from you is to think of something, anything appropriate for a baby, and try to keep your dragon from picking up on that." He clapped his hands together, grinned, and then motioned. "Go! And if you want to practice or need an example, please talk to me and Jessath."

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
Weyrlingmaster Civen of Blue Jessath
•·.·´¯`·.·• Character Tracker Thread •·.·´¯`·.·•
Played by Seirye
PM
^
Roland
 Posted: Mar 29 2017, 04:44 PM

Greenrider

Maliciath had grown simce the hatching, were once she was two feet tall she was now almost four! Unlike most dragons though she didn't just eat and sleep. Anywhere Roland went she followed. A month had past and Maliciath slept less of the day away now. She still ate the same though and their oiling routine had not changed.

Roland arrived in a green shirt and yellow shorts, Maliciath sat bside him, one glittered wing wrapped loosely around him. He seemed slightly uncomfortable with her behavior but the green refused to stop. She had told him it was so no one could take him away from her. He looked up at the weyrling master once everyone had arrived. He gave an odd look when C'ven started to blurted out Random words. Though it then made sense after the lesson was described to them.

Maliciath folded her wing back then herded Roland away from the others once C'ven allowed them to.
"I do not like this lesson." she hissed after they were out of ear shout from their teacher. "Why would you want to block me out?! There is no reason too, we have been with each other for an entire month its not like any of my siblings will remember and you have never had a bad thought before." She spat out. Roland took a deep breath then let it out slowly,
"Dear there are somethings that should not be shared between a rider or dragon. For example you remember when I ate fish?" The greens face scrunched up in disgust at the word. "Well if we get this right every time I eat ot you will no longer taste it." He could teel Maliciath still wasnt happy aboit the idea bit when she didn't say anything they started.

Roland thought about a field. It had rows of plants sprouting out of the rich brown soil. Maliciath crocked her head at the image. Roland then tried to make bond beteen them close. He struggled for a couple of minutes but finally Maliciath informed him that she could no loger see the field.

--------------------
Roland of Green Maliciath
Abilities:Resist Comand and Total Recall
PMEmail
^
Ma'en
 Posted: Mar 29 2017, 05:00 PM

Bronzerider

Ma'en and Aurelianth were outside near the lakes edge when jessath called. Ma'en had been jogging in the lakes edge and Aurelianth was dozing on a nice warm patch of sand. She had just came back into view of Aurelianth to find some of the children of the weyr now with him. The golden bronze was on his back as some of the children rubbed his stomach and the others scratched under his chin. He looked to be in paradise as he laid there. Ma'en broke the image by laughing loudly and scaring the children and Aurelianth, who let out a honk. That made the children start giggling. She walked up to them and rubbed Aurelianth's neck.
"Didn't know you turned into a cat Aure." The sentence was broken up by giggles. Thats when the call to go to their lessons went out. The children waved bye before running off.

The bronzr pair joined the group, Aurelianth would find Endymioth and his to stand by.
"Brother you can stay by us If you like. the bronze told his twin after the lesson was explained. Ma'en and Aurelianth happly walked a little ways away to start working with their bond. Soon though both dragon and rider were giggling. It seems that their try was a failure.

--------------------
Ma'en of Bronze Aurelianth
Abilities: Pyrokinesis and Search
PMEmail
^
D'aan
 Posted: Mar 29 2017, 06:05 PM

Candidate

D'aan had just finished oiling Berry when Jessath called out. She had spent the last candlemark and a half oiling everyone. It took so long because she now had Tydath and Sev still had not figured out that when she pulled out the jars of oil to not stick any part of his body in it. She had just brushed Midnight only to find oil puddles all over the desk. He didn't see the problem with it and chirped happly at the large amount of oil no puddled around him and sticking to him. All it took was an image of the lake and Sev was gone, thankfully the water would clean the majority of it off.

They stayed to the back of the group as C'ven started the lesson. While it was easy to keep her three firelizards out of her head she knew trying this with Tydath was going to be harder.
"What was he talking about? Whats S-E-X?" he sounded out the syllables. D'aan put up a mental wall like she did with the others. She knew it worked because Tydath didn't ask why she wanyed to now kill the weyrlinhmaster. She felt a push against the wall, then a large amount of force was pressed to it. The wall inside her mind broke and Tydath reentered. A weird, uncomfortable feeling rose with a light headache.
"Ty." She rubbed her forehead trying to sooth the headache. "Love that is the opposite of the lesson."
"Oh... the blue looked away from D'aan.

--------------------
D'aan of Blue Tydath

user posted image Sev the Marill blue firelizard
Rose Quartz Berry
Blue Remmy
Midnight the cat
wears a shinny Necklace
PM
^
Benvolia
 Posted: Apr 8 2017, 10:44 PM

Quartzrider - HAD

Ben was fucked. Oh not in the good way invoked by Kevin. No in the shitty way. If there was one thing the girl had never mastered, it was keeping things out of her head. Really, it was a psychic party in her skull at any moment, and she was fairly sure her brain was the carpet someone barfed on.

No need to be over dramatic about it. Just fake it. It isn't as if can tell what we're doing. Just stare at me and look very stern. I'll do the same thing. And don't shout at anyone else's dragon or interrupt them with a pamphlet.

"Look, I am sure not interupting the blue asking his rider for the birds and the bees."

Hush, no need to draw attention to the fact that your mind has, at best, screen doors with broken locks. Now. Look at me, and look serious. Just stare. Now wiggle an eyebrow a little. There you go. He'll never know we're faking. Plus, why would you ever need me out of your mind.
You need me, after all.

The white coiled his tail around Ben's ankle, just a little, and stared with the patience of a serpent.
PM
^
A'hol
 Posted: Apr 8 2017, 11:01 PM

Brownrider

A'hol stared at Excreth, who somehow despite his draconic features had a very visible shit eating grin.

You can't and you know it.

"I am going to punch you again, you shit dappled over grown watch wher."

More child abuse? Well at least you don't fuck goats-- march of progress.

"SHUT UP!"

Make me-- No seriously, make me, that is why you are here. Or is the Great A'Hol, healer and smith not able to out think a baby dragon?

"I hope someone doses you with Fellis."
PM
^
Benvolia
 Posted: Apr 8 2017, 11:06 PM

Quartzrider - HAD

Ben for her part turned to A'hol and Excreth with an exasperated groan. "You're going to give yourselves, and me a stroke if you keep it up! For the love of the worker's paradise, lay off eachother for 5 damned minutes!"

..."Where we we, Joe?"

The part where you Don't shout at people randomly. He leaned in on her and dug a claw into her foot hard enough to drag a grunt from the girl as he stared, intently. Do this right. I NEED you to do this right, and your cause needs you to do this right.
So focus, and grow up. Now.

His eyes stayed blue even as his mental voice hissed cold annoyance, though the color was as hollow as a winter sky.
PM
^
E'lio
 Posted: Apr 9 2017, 04:30 AM

Silverrider

Now, E'lio was not a man particularly inclined to arrive to anything especially on time. He enjoyed a relaxed schedule where he could get wherever he was going whenever it seemed like a good time for him to do so, and so far, Weyr life did not seem inclined to provide this leniency. He sighed as the voice rang clear through his head, reclined comfortably in one of the best beds he'd slept on in Turns.

Dress yourself, the stately silver beast suggested with a wry, almost teasing tone of voice. E'lio sighed before pushing himself laboriously into a sitting position, reluctantly ruining his sense of perfect comfort.

"Why is it that we're always most comfortable just before we gotta get up?" he asked with a groan, stretching his arms out to either side, bent at the elbows. He grunted, shook out his messy hair, and then rolled onto his feet and more or less staggered to the half-clean clothes flung haphazardly onto the otherwise bare dresser next to his bed.

I am certain that it has something to do with knowing you must soon get up, Endymioth told His as he unfurled himself from where he lay, stepping one paw at a time down from his couch. To his credit, he did so without complaint, and slithered around E'lio as the boy straightened out his sleeveless tunic. His tail hooked around the young man's midsection, nudging rather than pulling E'lio toward the exit of their temporary weyr, and E'lio went.

Even though he hadn't wasted too much time, he wasn't a particularly brisk walker either, and Endymioth liked to walk almost ponderously himself. There was yet to much to take it, and the leggy dragonet was particularly interested in the flying silhouettes of dragons coming and going, or circling over the Weyr. It was a beautiful sight that E'lio had a new appreciation for when looking through eyes as fresh as Endymioth's, and he reached over to lay a hand on his companion's flank.

It was still a little hard to believe that Endymioth was real, after all.

When they arrived at the lesson, C'ven was just about to begin, and soon the silver took the lead and led them straight to his gleaming twin whose hide was reminiscent of warm sunlight; his own by comparison, moonlight given flesh. My dear Aurelianth, and your Ma'en, lovely as ever.

While Endymioth slid around his brother to take a seat on his opposite side, E'lio flashed the blonde girl a grin and stopped beside her. At this point, the future bronzerider was becoming a familiar sight. "S'up," he asked, with a lift of his stubbly chin.

The lesson was underway before much else could be exchanged, and the subject of it presented abruptly to them; E'lio took it all in stride, confident at least that there was some method to C'ven's madness (and he had been assured that the Weyrlingmaster was some kind of mad). In the end, there was, and their task was for the humans to keep something from their dragon half, to veil something in their mind so that their counterpart would not be able to readily view it.

Big toe, the silver said as soon as E'lio plopped down in front of him, and E'lio gave him an exasperated sigh. Hadn't even begun yet, and he was failing.

Flower. Bucket. Mountain. So it went on for a little while like this, E'lio closing his eyes and furrowing his brow as he first tried to block out his mind, and then think of something.

"Aw, c'mon, you're just a really good guesser," the blonde finally said, throwing his hands up after the umpteenth attempt, and Endymioth's tail curled with his delight. The silver leaned forward to place his elegant, wedge-shaped head on the young man's knee.

Keep trying, he coached E'lio, who was not genuinely frustrated, as being genuinely frustrated required more motivation than he could muster. We will get it eventually.

--------------------
E'lio of Silver Endymioth
weyrling and former bandit
#D5CCD6

dragon possessing the abilities Chronography and Search

> profile! <
PM
^
Yenni
 Posted: Apr 9 2017, 05:23 AM

Candidate

Up, up, up. Come, Yenni. It would not do for us to be late, the ruby insisted, and Yenni furrowed her brow, groaned, and buried her face into her feather-stuffed pillow. Oh, these pillows. They were so nice...

Really, I can accept not being the first to arrive, but I will not accept being last, so get up. I cannot open the door by myself. A warm nose was pushed at her, and she let out a choked squeal and made a clumsy attempt to swat him away when he gave half her face a slobbery lick. Then, in the middle of wiping his drool off her cheek, he tore the blankets from her form and was rewarded with clumsy flailing and a loud thump as Yenni fell off the bed.

Dropping the blankets, he hopped down to inspect her for damage, letting out a warbling croon of concern. When she rolled onto her back and stared defiantly at the ceiling, he knew she was fine, and turned to pad off to her dresser. With little concern for what matched, he began to tug open her lowest drawers, grasping at them with small, narrow dragon-hands. Fabric found itself thrown on top of her, and in mid-dig, the ruby was socked with an undershirt that got hooked on one of his headknobs.

In the meantime, Meteor and Comet had perched on the edge of the bed where their person had fallen off, Comet tilting his head this way and that most curiously while his silver brother fluffed out his feathers aggressively to Mavorath. That lousy dragon had stolen his spot at the top of the pecking order, and Meteor was holding a grudge.

Let us be on our way already. I suspect most of my clutchmates have already arrived, and soon-- Another extra shirt was thrown at him, and snagged on his snout. Yenni covered her mouth, trembling with silent laughter, Enough! We're late.

Finally taking his warnings to heart, Yenni finally set to work running a comb through her hair and making sure her shirt wasn't on backwards. Not much later than that and they were out the door and trotting briskly out into the 'bowl, where Mavorath promptly broke into a lope. Though it occurred to him to run ahead, as he could already see their class gathered, he stuck by Yenni's side just in case.

When they filtered in with the very last of the students, they had barely found an open space to sit before C'ven started talking. Mavorath had to get her attention by nudging her shoulder with one of his wings, jerking his head in C'ven's direction, before she realized. Then she had to squint to pay attention, having chosen a less-than-opportune spot that put her far enough away from their teacher that she could barely read his lips, though such was not incredibly necessary anymore as Mavorath could relay to her anything she had missed.

Which, consequently, happened to be the exact opposite purpose of this lesson. Or perhaps the purpose. Anyways, Yenni was relieved that it meant she wouldn't have to bother anybody else for some kind of partnering up, and once C'ven was done speaking, her regal ruby turned to face her and curled his tail over his paws, prim and expectant.

Yenni narrowed her eyes at him, and perhaps if dragons would lift an eyebrow, that's what he would do in response.

How did one even begin to block out part of their mind? Every time she tried to stop thinking about something, she thought about it more, because she was thinking about not thinking about it, and would the same mechanic not apply here?

Just try, he told her, encouraging and surprisingly gentle; a gentleness, she suspected, he would not often reveal to anybody else. So she tried, and the first time didn't work, nor did the second, third, fourth or fifth-- but eventually, she'd gotten better at muddling it, and he had to actively try to find what she was thinking about. So, it was some improvement, and if he didn't know what to look for, maybe he wouldn't find out?

Well, it is still fairly obvious that you are trying to hide something.

Or there was that.

--------------------
Yenni of Ruby Mavorath
weyrling
#F5582F

dragon possessing the abilities Pyrokinetic and Resist Command

accompanied by wherraptors Silver Meteor and Ruby Comet

> profile! <
PM
^
Naava
 Posted: Apr 9 2017, 06:27 AM

Quartzrider

At dawn, every morning, Sephanth demanded an oiling. Of course it was important to keep her hide hydrated and healthy, but most importantly, it was important to do it in a prompt manner that allowed her to be prepared to face the rest of the day and the others she might run into during it. Sephanth liked to look good, liked to gleam and catch attention.

Of course, anybody who looked at her too much was simply being rude, and she liked her admirers to be a little bit more subtle. To put it plainly, Sephanth was a coy dragon until she wasn't, indulgent of praise and affection but annoyed if flattered too much.

Naava could not have loved her any more.

The Weyrlingmaster summons us. This was stated primly, but not with too much enthusiasm. Naava offered a bright smile to Sephanth as she finished braiding her hair, having already dressed in preparation for the day. What? It is early. I would rather lounge.

"You can't show off from your nest," Naava pointed out.

A fair point. Come, let us go. If we are to attend, then I shall not be tardy.

"We won't be late," Naava told her, rolling her eyes as she pulled open their door, and followed the delicate little rose outside. She closed it behind her, and then bent down to scoop Sephanth up into her arms. She was still so small, and she most certainly wouldn't be for long! Naava nuzzled her face into Sephanth's neck as they walked, blowing raspberries.

Opening her mouth in a draconic grin, the quartz swatted and pawed at Hers, tiny little hands batting at Naava's cheeks as she made kicky feets with her hind legs. Stop that, you! I shall not be tickled in public! she creeled, and Naava snorted with laughter.

"Aw, what, don't want your clutchmates knowing you're super duper ticklish?" Naava asked, teasing, and laughed some more as Sephanth grabbed a mouthful of her shirt and started pulling at it, making oh-so-fierce growly noises.

You have had your fun, now put me down, awful girl. Sephanth chastised her, though this time her counterpart knew that she meant it. As they emerged out into the 'bowl, Naava stooped down to set Sephanth on her dainty little paws, and the quartz shuffled her wings and shook herself out as if to rid herself of any indecency as someone might shake off dirt.

"Keep preening, and we will be late," Naava commented, and with an indignant squeak, Sephanth broke into a brisk trot before deliberately forcing herself to go more slowly, spreading her wings and showing off her spots instead as they made their way toward their gathering class.

"I thought bronzes were supposed to be the egotistical ones?" Naava asked, which got her a supremely unimpressed glare.

How dare you suggest I am filled with empty pride, she said, offended.

"I didn't say you weren't pretty."

That seemed to quell her for long enough for them to pick a spot among some other greenriders, Sephanth settling in delicately as their teacher began their lesson. Fortunately, the quartz didn't ask any uncomfortable questions about anything C'ven brought up, but...

I see no point in this. Sephanth stated quite clearly, sighing airily.

"What am I thinking about?" Naava asked her suddenly, raising dark eyebrows that had not been lightened and dyed like the rest of her head to match the dragon.

Me. If you're not, you should be.

"Ha! Nope, wrong. Try again."

The quartz turned and looked at her, eyes tinged with yellow and orange annoyance, but Naava could sense her vexation. Naava focused instead on thinking about something, but playing keep-away with her dragon, who was now rifling through her thoughts with determination.

Gimme.

"Nope. Try harder. If you paid more attention, y--"

Shipfish. What are shipfish?

"Oh. Well, you see, back where I lived before I came here..."

--------------------
Naava of Rose Quartz Sephanth
weyrling
#FFC1CC

> profile! <
PM
^
D'rud
 Posted: Apr 9 2017, 01:54 PM

Amethystrider

Mine. Lesson time. Jessath calls. Awake! Rhumemth was eager for a lesson, to learn new things, though eh was not too keen about being around so many others. The young Amethyst was still not to keen on sharing his bonded with anyone, and it had made making new friend's difficult for the outgoing youth, who tried to take it all in stride. Despite several reassurances, Rhumemth was still not convinced. After oiling the dragonling down, D'rud and his partner made their way down towards the classroom, such as it were.

He blinked, blushing furiously, as the first word to come out of C'ven's mouth was sex. He seemed very very confused, at least until C'ven finally added the reason for saying those words. He sighed softly, already feeling Rhumemth bristle in the back of his mind. The Amethyst was not happy about this, and he hissed in an irritable way, even pushing D'rud away from the group and trying to keep the youth away from others.

This is pointless. You do not keep anything from me. How can I know if you are safe? If no one will take you from me? How can I tell if you are happy? I need to know everything about you, all your thoughts. I won't tell anyone.

D'rud sighs as he looked fondly at his Rhumemth. "Sometimes, things have to be kept secret. If I start to like someone, I can't very well have you telling them. If I am doing something I'd rather not others know about, it's perhaps best that you don't either. You are my Rhumemth, and I love you, but it is for the best."

Rhumemth hissed again, agitated, and worried. He nearly sat on his future rider, such was his possessive and jealous streak right now. D'rud firmly pushed Rhumemth off and scratched between the eye ridges. "I would never keep anything important from you. But this could be good. Now. Just tell me when you can't see what I am picturing."

Rhummeth snorted, but focused on his rider. Trees. Lake. Canine... is that someone's butt? Whoops.

--------------------
D'rud of Amethyst Rhumemth

user posted image

Played by Axun
PM
^
T'irl
 Posted: Apr 18 2017, 06:32 PM

Rubyrider

T'irl had done little in the way with socializing with his class, for reasons mostly his own: he was tired, constantly, because being bonded to and caring for a baby dragon was far more work than anything else he had been put to in his life. Vath, as T'irl had quickly learned, was easy to manipulate into doing anything T'irl wanted, and while he took joy in this discovery, he was soon faced with his dragon's hurt and disappointment at being used. T'irl was not pleased to find that his every thought was freely accessed by the dragon.

Still, their bond had grown steadily since that moment. T'irl had vowed not to use Vath in such a way, even where he might use others; Vath, in return, promised that he would try to make his growing as easy as possible on T'irl, and not be as needy as a baby dragon could be. It sat wrong with T'irl in the end, because Vath was perfect and beautiful, and he should not have to change himself for his to-be rider's comfort. In the end, T'irl had determined that he would do whatever Vath needed and whenever he needed it, knowing that as Vath grew that he would need less and less obsessive care.

Outwardly, T'irl didn't seem to be struggling with Weyrlinghood at all. He firmly believed in not showing his classmates weakness, and managed to get Vath to go along with it, so it was that any time the two of them left their rooms they looked perfectly groomed, happy, rested... It was as if they were living a dream, though both went to some lengths to make that appearance happen. Vath's determination to be everything T'irl wanted helped greatly, and T'irl did not once find himself wishing for anything else in a partner.

Besides, Vath's hide was the most gorgeous he had seen.

When they reached the lesson it was together, in sync as much as they could be. T'irl stopped near the other bandits without acknowledging them, though Vath adjusted his wings and turned his head back and forth, offering a silent mental greeting to his siblings. He knew T'irl had a soft spot for the others he had come with, even if he would not voice it, and he thought that might mean he needed to be closer to their dragons too. Maybe.

The point of the lesson was actually a relief to T'irl, who--despite his acceptance of Vath--was still struggling with the fact that he had no thoughts of his own. Even Vath's comforts and promises not to listen did little to help, but learning to block certain things out (he really didn't want to know everything about Vath's meals or bathroom habits) would be a sanity saver.

Of course, he was fortunate to be old enough that some of the things the Weyrlingmaster listed weren't at the front of his mind all the time anymore. He glanced at Vath, who was tilting his head back and forth again, watching C'ven speak. T'irl knew the questions would come later, asking what the words meant. T'irl did not want to have The Talk with a baby dragon.

I don't know what that is, but I think that you are failing. The ruby turned his head to look at T'irl, who had stopped listening to the Weyrlingmaster and started trying to block the dragon out on his own. He kept it simple: a blank stone wall, looking for all the world like he was just staring off into his space while he imagined a large fish he'd caught once. He turned to the dragon with a frown, then turned and walked away.

Vath followed, every step measured just as T'irl had taught him. From day one they had worked on his poise and how he held himself, and now it was very nearly second nature. He looked regal, even if he was far calmer than any of that nonsense. Oh, that's a...kitten? No, a cat. The kitten is the small one. And that's a dog? Can we eat those? No, I suppose we cannot. They are pets. ...What is that?

T'irl balked, turning to look at the dragon. "It's none of your business, is what it is. No, do not--I do not need to see it! Stop that!" He pushed at the dragon's nose, completely ruining their image momentarily. He went from vain, polished noble's son to ordinary adult in a matter of seconds, and was shortly wrestling with Vath, who was making the most amused noises as he tried to get away. By the end of it, T'irl was just glad Vath hadn't shown the image to anyone else, because that would have been horrible.

They both dropped to the ground after their little bout, Vath letting his head lay on T'irl's lap and T'irl rubbing his nose gently. "Alright... Let's give this a serious try, shall we?" He thought for a moment, trying to pick something, and then looked down at Vath. The dragon blinked up at him, equal parts adoring and interested, and after a long moment he sighed.

I cannot see it, he admitted, blinking slowly as he tried again. Or hear it. I know you are there, and I can feel you, but I cannot hear what you are saying.

T'irl smiled, cupping his dragon's face gently. "Then we have done it, haven't we? It's hardly something that will need to be done all the time. You are as much a part of me as I am a part of myself, and to cut you out would be to cut out a part of myself. I think mostly it will help us learn not to share every little detail, like how the blood from your meals feels when it runs down your throat."

Vath rumbled happily, closing his eyes to little slits. That was all he needed to hear.
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply

2.99 Cent Blues skinned by Manda/Ariesness of RPG-Directory.