Welcome
to the southern continent

D'Sanctine Weyr takes place in 10th Pass Pern. AIVAS was never discovered, and Thread still falls on the planet. Overpopulating causes stress in the Weyrs, which leads to the foundation of a new southern Weyr, dubbed D'Sanctine. A Hold is founded to support the Weyr, titled Sanctis Hold. Old riders and prospective candidates flock to the new Weyr for a chance at an easier, less crowded life, but the hatching of dragons of strange colors has left the more conservative holds and Weyrs in the north uneasy. The political atmosphere is tense as a drawn bowstring-- it is only a matter of time before the arrow is loosed.

Current Events
what's happening!

Summer - P10 T16

5/4/17 - Mornings have been foggy thanks to warm days and cool evenings. There was recently a routine Threadfall that only resulted in a few injuries and no fatalities. The weyrfolk are gathering and brewing up some vats of numbweed to resupply, so a section of the Weyr is going to be awfully stinky for a few days.

4/1/17 - Fall has arrived, and with it pleasant breezes and the occasional storm. It's by no means cold, but it isn't as impossibly hot and humid as summer gets.
Current Staff
Who's Who in D'Sanctine Weyr
Senior Weyrwoman
Lauralyn of Gold Sorreath

Junior Weyrwomen
Daetha of Gold Saraiath

Weyrleader
-TBA-

Junior Weyrleaders
Fen'ris of Bronze Tyrth
S'era of Bronze Rhuinath

Weyrlingmasters
C'ven of Blue Jessath
A're of Green Muraath

Assistant Weyrlingmasters
J'lor of Brown Sabath
Angora of Blue Ferith
-OPEN-

Candidatemaster
M'ari of Green Valenth

Assistant Candidatemaster
Cryssa of Blue Cindath

Wherlingmaster
Sennet of Blue Sennesk

Assistant Wherlingmasters
Kalen of Gold Kalesk
Ceanna of Green Ceannsk

Headwoman
Tanna

Assistant Headwoman
-OPEN-
Important Threads
Check These Out!
OOC Staff
our fearless leaders
admins
YERA
SEIRYE
SLINKYSLOTH

mods
MAZAARI
KILNARAK
IOT
Chatbox
Time to say hi!
Linkage
the coolest sites on the net
affiliates
RP Lovers A Gift of Dragons Canyon River Weyr Mithra Weyr

link us

Credits
you guys rock!
Skin and sidebar Manda of RPG-U. Pern and its dragons belong to the late Anne McCaffrey and her family. The characters written here belong to those who created them. Sprites and all pieces of art belong to those who created them; there is a thread for credits and links in the information section of the board.

If you would like to donate to help with the board's premium service and the chatbox, click here!

Add Reply

IP: Doggy Paddle (M2)
C'ven
 Posted: Apr 17 2017, 09:42 PM

Weyrlingmaster
Group: Character

It might have been more fun than lesson, but C'ven did enjoy the swimming days for the Weyrlings. This class had yet to actually have one, which needed to be fixed at some point because it was such a worthwhile way to strengthen younger bones. It would be different this time, though, he thought. He almost wanted to do it somewhere else, not in the lake.

He'd considered his options for some time before he had settled on housing the lesson in the dragon baths. He had had them cleaned just days before--a common thing anyway, because baby dragons were very messy at times--and, just the morning of the lesson, had had Jessath help him stock the baths with...fish?

Fish, from the lake. A variety of fish, some silver and large, others small and blue. In fact, they quite resembled dragons in flight, with their colors flashing about the water. The baths had been barred to those living in the barracks by Jessath's body, napping positioned just so that no one could get past him. Any complaints had been met with a vague "I'll deal with it" from C'ven himself.

When the time for the lesson came, he climbed over Jessath and into the bath room himself, leaning over the edge of the great pool to watch the fish swim before he turned back to his dragon. Jessath heaved himself off the ground and made his way into the room, comfortable because its size was made to accomodate even adult dragons. He settled himself along one wall, then watched as C'ven placed a series of baskets all around the edge of the bath.

When he was done he waved a hand at Jessath, who called the Weyrlings in, amusement coloring his tone. C'ven waited for them, standing on the raised lip of the baths, and then spread his arms when they were present. "Welcome! We're going to have a little fun today! You'll notice, humans, that there are baskets around the bath. Dragons, have you seen those fish? Don't go for them yet!" He held a hand up to stop any of the more eager students.

"I was thinking that we needed to do a swimming lesson, to get your dragons used to the water." He pointed to the shallower end of the baths, where babies and younger dragons could be bathed without having to paddle or float. "You may get in over there, but do not go any deeper than you can reach standing just yet." He turned to walk along the edge of the bath carefully but surely, even as a brown fish flashed by him. Some of the fish certainly were not from this area--he had picked them specifically for their colors.

"So instead of just swimming, like we will on other days, I wanted to make a game of this. We're going to have you dragons practice your swimming by going out there, catching a fish in your teeth, and swimming with it to your rider. Your rider will then put it in their basket. At the end of the game, when all the fish are caught, you can eat whatever you got!" He clapped his hands together, then motioned. "Well, what are you waiting for? Get in there!"

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
Weyrlingmaster Civen of Blue Jessath
•·.·´¯`·.·• Character Tracker Thread •·.·´¯`·.·•
Played by Seirye
PM
^
E'lio
 Posted: Apr 17 2017, 11:51 PM

Silverrider

E'lio and Endymioth arrived a little on the late end of on-time, which was probably an improvement from their usual. Not that they were usually intentionally tardy, but the young man was never in any rush to get anywhere. He rolled with the punches, and left most things for Future E'lio. Present E'lio was content to relax and take his time.

Endymioth was often the one nudging him in the right direction, and liked to be on time. Being early was all well and good, and being late was unacceptable-- but being precisely on time was best. It was almost as though Endymioth was the guiding force in their relationship, the sensible one to steer E'lio in the correct direction much like a parent might try to ensure their child makes the right decisions. Yet, Endymioth was also smart enough to know that he had much to learn, and His had a far better memory than his own. It was up to His to learn and remember for them both.

Assembled at the bath with other weyrlings, Endymioth hunkered down beside his sunny bronze twin, who he would lean against companionably if permitted. As usual, he afforded Ma'en a gracious greeting accompanied by a graceful compliment, ever the gentleman. E'lio, more relaxed, offered the young woman a friendly grin when he found her in the crowd of weyrlings.

"Y'know, I heard they'd be splittin' up these classes 'fore that other Weyrlingmaster packed up and headed north," he told her conversationally, after glancing around the rest of the class. Lots of faces, and lots of baby dragons. "I think they're hirin' a new one soon though. Wonder if they'll still split ours up or somthin'."

Endymioth flicked his tailtips across E'lio's shins, then over Aurelianth's nearest folded wing as he rose to his paws and began to pick his way toward the entrance to the baths. As some of the larger hatchlings, he and his twin could probably go the deepest, and he was excited to try swimming and fishing. You can gossip after we are in the water, the silver told the humans, mostly his. I wish to catch a silver one.

"A'ight, a'ight. Lessgo, see if you can't catch the biggest one you can find before anybody else gets it."

Endymioth snorted. If they are skillful enough to fetch it first, then I shall concede to their fair victory. I just want one that matches my hide.

--------------------
E'lio of Silver Endymioth
weyrling and former bandit
#D5CCD6

dragon possessing the abilities Chronography and Search

> profile! <
PM
^
Yenni
 Posted: Apr 18 2017, 12:01 AM

Candidate

Do you see any red ones? What color is largest? the ruby asked His, who stood and stared quizzically down into the water after C'ven had finished his explanation. They had to catch fish, and then eat it? She supposed that meant she'd need to fillet it first, regardless of whether or not it was her or Mavorath who ate it. She didn't know how to fillet a fish.

'Um... it looks like those silvery ones are the biggest, maybe? But the brown ones are big, too. Do you even know how to fish?'

I will learn quickly. Turning and trotting to the shallow end of the bathing pools, the ruby snorted as he lowered his nose to the surface. Some had already gotten into his nose, and he recoiled. On second thought, he wasn't sure he liked the idea of going swimming.

'Don't tell me you're afraid of water? That is so stereotypical,' Yenni teased him good-naturedly, pale green eyes twinkling with mirth as she kicked off her shoes into the growing pile.

I am most certainly not afraid of water. You have bathed me before. I simply do not want to get any in my nose. Or be submerged. Maybe I can fish with my claws, unlike that simpleton. He pointed his tail in the direction of a blue who had unceremoniously stuck his head underwater. To say in the least, his mouth was not full of fish when he pulled it back up, and his weyrling patted his back as he snorted and blinked rapidly to clear his nostrils and his eyes of water.

'Maybe he didn't realize you can't inhale when you're underwater?' Yenni suggested, though perhaps her optimism was not quite as optimistic of an outlook as she intended.

What a fool thing to do, the scarlet dragonet told her with sassy flick of his tail. Carefully, he stepped into the bath, but waited until Yenni had done so first.

--------------------
Yenni of Ruby Mavorath
weyrling
#F5582F

dragon possessing the abilities Pyrokinetic and Resist Command

accompanied by wherraptors Silver Meteor and Ruby Comet

> profile! <
PM
^
Naava
 Posted: Apr 18 2017, 12:28 AM

Quartzrider

Prim as ever, Sephanth sat with her tail coiled over her paws, perhaps seated more closely to her rose and green sisters than anybody else. She had, however, brushed her tail over a few boys on her pass though, giving Abismyth a more familiar greeting if he had been on her way to her spot.

There cannot possibly be room enough in the baths for all of us, the dainty rose said, while her siblings began to approach the shallow part of it. Naava stood beside her, arms folded and eyebrow lifted.

"Yeah, there's a lot of baby dragons."

I don't wish to be the last one, and get the last pick of the fish, but I don't want to be crowded. It would be impossible to catch anything! Sephanth scoffed, rising to her paws. Before Naava could stop her, the rose had begun to march over to C'ven, her mindvoice ringing clear over the din of her siblings. You! Teacher, please explain to me how I am supposed to catch fish when it is so crowded? Maybe you should clear it up with my brothers and sisters that they must take turns, and perhaps actually showing them how to fish first would be a wise idea?

"Oh my goodness, Sephanth-- please do not antagonize him, I am so sorry Weyrlingmaster!" Naava gushed, rushing forward to scoop up the pink dragonet, who squealed her complaint.

Put me down this instant! How rude! she exclaimed, indignant.

'Do you have any idea what they say about the Weyrlingmaster? They say he eats glitter and Jessath is walking-dead. You're going to get eaten if you keep it up, and he's going to add me to the nipple cloak!'

Nipple cloak? Firstly, what are nipples, and secondly, that is absurd. This last sentence, of course, was broadcasted aloud. Not out of an active desire to further humiliate Naava, but more or less out of surprise.

--------------------
Naava of Rose Quartz Sephanth
weyrling
#FFC1CC

> profile! <
PM
^
Ma'en
 Posted: Apr 18 2017, 10:44 AM

Bronzerider

Ma'en and Aurelianth had been one of the firsts to get the baths. The golden bronze stretch before laying beside her as the waited for the lesson to start. It wasn't long before a familiar silver sat down next to him and greeted them both. Aurelianth allowed Endymioth to lean beside him, Aurelianth himself nudged his twin warmly in greeting.

Ma'en turned to E'lio with a smile,
"Hello E'lio! Did they really have two before? Hmm I never saw much of him then. I hope they dont split the class even though it is really big." Aurelianth gave his twin an amused look before herding Ma'en over to the shallow water. He stopped her when the water rea hed her waist.

"I think this is far enough. With everyone moveing around you do not need to go to far, Don't you agree brother?" The bronze moved to the baskets handing one to Ma'en and one to E'lio if he did not have one already. Brushing passed Endymioth with a flick of his own tail he walked farther in to the baths. Looking at all of the different types of fish. He spoted gold brown silver and a couple that were orange. He darted after one and snapped his jaws over the golden body. At once he dropped it back a look of disgust crossed his face, the body of the fish foating next to him.

At Aurelianth's look Ma'en started laughing. "Whats wrong Aure?" She swam over to him placing the fish into her basket.

"I wound perfer not to eat that afterwards." Ma'en giggled as the bronze pushed her back to the shallow end. He went back to fishing with some hesitation.

--------------------
Ma'en of Bronze Aurelianth
Abilities: Pyrokinesis and Search
PMEmail
^
D'aan
 Posted: Apr 18 2017, 11:07 AM

Candidate

Tydath was ecstatic to find that their lesson was going to be at the baths, and that ment that they were going to be in the water. The blue stood silently as D'aan got drees she could feel the excitement rolling though their bond. It improved her own mood as they walked towards the dragon baths, Tydath wanted to race over there but stayed with D'aan as the girl walked slowly. He knew what she was doing and it was infuriating to him but he stayed and did not press agianst her will like he had done in the last class. A few yards away she let go He gave her a quick nudge and raced to the edge of the pool or he would have if C'ven hadnt stopped him. He huffed at the Weyrlingmaster and returned to D'aan's side.

'It's not the end of the world if you can't swim' she thought amusingly.

'Its is for me!' D'aan shook her head at the blue leading him to the edge he didnt wait for D'aan to grab a basket before his head was underwater. He pulled up with a mouthful of fish. He a small one that was white and red, a large silver, and a medium sized blue. Tydath dropped the fish into her basket and slipped into the pool. D'aan walked over to the stepps and entered the pool.

Tydath stayed under the sureface form a long time. He moved under the bronze and silver twins looking like a fish himself , darted under others and poped up beside Maliciath who glared at him for soaking her. Tydath paddeled over to his bonded with two more fish one green and one purpleish.

"Ty let some others caught some before you go out agian."

"Why? Not that many like fish anyway and I can vaught more faster anyways." He proclaimed. D'aan put her hand one his snout and rubbed it slowly,

"Because this is a lesson, others need the chance to learn as well love now let them." She smiled at him. Letting her hand slide off the blue swam around her. Some of the others had caught some fish most of the larger fish got caught first the smaller ones quicker than them.

"What if I help?" if he had been a cat his ears would have been sticking up. The blue dived into the water swimming along the sides and around the bottom. That kept most of the fish close to the surface. Being under for so long he missed the pinks loud announcement. D'aan covered her laughter with some fake coughing as the Rose Quartz went on. While she wasnt looking Tydath took the opportunity to add another fish to her basket.

--------------------
D'aan of Blue Tydath

user posted image Sev the Marill blue firelizard
Rose Quartz Berry
Blue Remmy
Midnight the cat
wears a shinny Necklace
PM
^
Roland
 Posted: Apr 18 2017, 11:30 AM

Greenrider

Roland couldn't stand still as C'ven talked. Maybe the weyrling could just stand at the edge while the dragons swam. Nope had to get into the water. Panic started to creep up in his mind. Its just a bathing pool nothing wrong nothing would happen to him. After all there were so many others here as well they would help him....right? He felt Maliciath's wing wrap around his leg protectively.

"I will not let anything hurt you. If you are so afraid then sit on the edge at first. Do not push yourself." her voice was low and soft. She lead him over to the edge and coaxed him into sitting down. She went over to the baskets picking out a large one before bringing it back to him.

"I will be back with fish in a moment. " she walked over to the stepps walking into the water and padded to the middle of the pool. Spotting a large brown fish she darted after it. It dived down with her after it. She splashed out of the water with it in her mouth. The Fish's tail still 8n the water. It barely fit in the basket she had picked out, maybe it wasn't a large basket.

Roland had taken off his shoes after Maliciath left, half of one foot was in the water and Roland was trying to bush back a panic attack had it not been for their bond Roland would have been in the infirmary by now. He watched as she went after another fish this time close to her own color with some black on its scales. She chased after it growling at any of her siblings who got to close to the fish. Her teeth tore into it at last. Smuggly she paddled back over to him and dropped the tiny fish into their basket.

Maliciath was after her fourth fish when Tydath appeared next to her. When he broke the surface the water he displaced landed straight on Maliciath sending her under the water. She glared at the blue when she resurfaced. Becausw of him she had lost her fish! Swimming away she looked for a bigger one, oh she would not forget this Tydath was going to pay. With red eyes she bit down on the fish harder than she ment to and the lower half flaoted away.

" That is disgusting!" She yelled out spotting the other half of the fish out. Her eyes whirled with anger and disgust. She padded out of the water and walked out of the pool. Walking up to Roland she dumped all of the dead fish back into the pool.

"I am not eating that!"

--------------------
Roland of Green Maliciath
Abilities:Resist Comand and Total Recall
PMEmail
^
C'ven
 Posted: Apr 18 2017, 06:49 PM

Weyrlingmaster

"Uh, well," C'ven started, then stopped, squinting one eye at the bath. Was it too small? The dragons weren't that big yet, and you could easily put a fully grown queen in there. You weren't supposed to, but you could. "...Well, I really only meant for the dragons to get in. Yenni? Yenni, no you don't have to get in!" He called out to the woman, then turned to look at Sephanth, frowning.

"A little respect will go a long way in addressing me, Sephanth. I am not 'you' and you have known my name since the start. Please use it. I am not your servant." His expression cleared at that and he smiled instead, motioning to the bath. "And I don't know what your definition of crowded is, but I think you will be just fine in there. It is bigger than it looks, and it gets quite deep towards the other end."

He looked at Naava instead, offering a small shrug. "It's what I'm here for. Answer questions, give instruction. You don't have to be sorry for coming to me, ever." He didn't know what she thought of him, but he also wasn't confused. He knew the rumors--hell, he had started many of them himself--and wasn't at all surprised when new Weyrlings were nervous around him. It made him laugh. It also made it all the more rewarding when they started trusting him.

He ignored the nipple cloak comment, had to turn away at the question of nipples. Even so he failed to keep in a laugh, snorted and half-smothered. Instead he focused on the baths and the class, saw Ma'en in the water--well, if they really wanted in, he would not stop them, though he wondered at how they might get their fish into their baskets while also trying to tread water. "Maybe I should have been clearer," he laughed aloud, mostly to himself and Jessath.

Of course, some--like Ma'en--were taking the baskets into the water. That worked fine, except he would have to apologize to the weaver he borrowed the baskets from. They were bound to be fishy anyway, so what could the man have expected? He folded his arms over his chest and watched, amused. He never would have climbed in with Jessath, mostly because that meant taking his shirt off or something. That just didn't happen, not back when he had been an even scrawnier kid.

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
Weyrlingmaster Civen of Blue Jessath
•·.·´¯`·.·• Character Tracker Thread •·.·´¯`·.·•
Played by Seirye
PM
^
T'irl
 Posted: Apr 18 2017, 06:59 PM

Rubyrider

"I'm not getting in."

T'irl stood on the edge of the bath stubbornly, voice lowered to a harsh whisper. Normally he would have kept it between him and Vath, but Vath was being so stubborn and obstinate that he just--he had to speak out loud. And since when did Vath, his gullible, calm little Vath, have such an opinion on something like this? He stared at the dragon, who was already shoulder-deep in the water, staring right back at him.

It is just water. You must come help me get some fish. The ruby snorted some water out of his nose, lifting his head higher to avoid the splashing of his siblings. What if I go under, and I cannot come back up?

"It's a bath, Vath. You've been in it every day since you hatched. You know you can handle it." T'irl adjusted his grip on his basket, taking a few steps along the edge of the bath towards deeper water. "You were just paddling around the deep end last week. Why do you think you need me to help you? I can see fish from up here, and I can show you where to go. It's better this way."

Vath turned to follow T'irl, nostrils flaring as he considered. It made sense, and T'irl was right. He thought maybe he remembered enjoying swimming last week. It was hard to say, when they did so much. He didn't even remember breakfast two days ago. The further T'irl got from him the more he shifted in place, until he finally pounce-splashed further into the water, where he was forced to doggy paddle rather than walk. He followed his bondmate, legs kicking.

"See? It wasn't that hard," T'irl sighed, relieved. Getting in to bathe Vath was one thing, but he was not in the mood to swim right now. Not in front of everyone else. It wasn't that he couldn't, or that he was afraid, but...he had an image. And that image just did not swim. He pointed out a fish darting away from one of the other dragons' pursuits, and Vath turned. "Go on, there are plenty. It's like when you fetched the cloth I used on you, but it moves more."

Vath paddled after the fish slowly, uncertain but determined. He more or less tunnel visioned his fish, even going so far as to ignore another that darted right in front of his face. After a moment he seemed to grow more confident in the water, and soon was darting after the fish, jaws opening and closing as he attempted to catch it.

By the time he had and returned to T'irl with it, he was considerably less upset about his human not joining him, and passed it off triumphantly before turning to pick another.
PM
^
D'rud
 Posted: Apr 18 2017, 11:23 PM

Amethystrider

Well, there was fashionably late, and then there was D'rud and Rhumemth. They were very late indeed. The blonde sighs softly, running his fingers through his hair and he and Rhumemth made their way to the lesson area. He did, at least, manage to catch what the lesson of the day was. Fishing. Alright. Rhumemth could do that, right? He looked to the amethyst, who stared at his siblings and seems to sigh himself. Looking up to D'rud he made his way towards the bath, staring at it. So I go in.. and catch fish? D'rud nods.

Rhumemth watches as several of his siblings already are in the water and catching many fish. The lavender hued amethyst finally wanders inside the bath, not paying any mind to the indignant squabbling of his rose sister. D'rud kept on the edge of the bath, only to call encouragement to Rhumemth.

For his part, Rhumemth paddled out well enough. It would seem the swimming part he wasn't too terrible at. However, when he made a dive for a small fish, his jaws quickly snapped.. on nothing. He came back to the surface, taking a breath and looking irritated. Spying another fish, a blue one, he wove, crocodile-like, towards his quarry, taking a sap and just missing it. However, he was not going to give up. He finally caught a small green fish, and he brought that proudly back to his Bonded.

D'rud smiles as he puts the fish in the basket, patting Rhumemth's head. "You'll get it. It just takes time and practice. Go try and get another one." Rhumemth tuns back around and heads back into the water, looking at the different kinds of fish. He makes another dive, a rather graceful one, and comes back with a large silver fish in his maw. He paddles happily over to His and drops it in the basket. S'rud grins. "There you go. Now try again." Once more Rhumemth swam through the water, each catch getting easier than the one before it. Finally, he came back and dropped a few more fish into the basket, swishing his tail proudly and sitting beside his bonded.

--------------------
D'rud of Amethyst Rhumemth

user posted image

Played by Axun
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply

2.99 Cent Blues skinned by Manda/Ariesness of RPG-Directory.