Welcome
to the southern continent

D'Sanctine Weyr takes place in 10th Pass Pern. AIVAS was never discovered, and Thread still falls on the planet. Overpopulating causes stress in the Weyrs, which leads to the foundation of a new southern Weyr, dubbed D'Sanctine. A Hold is founded to support the Weyr, titled Sanctis Hold. Old riders and prospective candidates flock to the new Weyr for a chance at an easier, less crowded life, but the hatching of dragons of strange colors has left the more conservative holds and Weyrs in the north uneasy. The political atmosphere is tense as a drawn bowstring-- it is only a matter of time before the arrow is loosed.

Current Events
what's happening!

Summer - P10 T16

5/4/17 - Mornings have been foggy thanks to warm days and cool evenings. There was recently a routine Threadfall that only resulted in a few injuries and no fatalities. The weyrfolk are gathering and brewing up some vats of numbweed to resupply, so a section of the Weyr is going to be awfully stinky for a few days.

4/1/17 - Fall has arrived, and with it pleasant breezes and the occasional storm. It's by no means cold, but it isn't as impossibly hot and humid as summer gets.
Current Staff
Who's Who in D'Sanctine Weyr
Senior Weyrwoman
Lauralyn of Gold Sorreath

Junior Weyrwomen
Daetha of Gold Saraiath

Weyrleader
-TBA-

Junior Weyrleaders
Fen'ris of Bronze Tyrth
S'era of Bronze Rhuinath

Weyrlingmasters
C'ven of Blue Jessath
A're of Green Muraath

Assistant Weyrlingmasters
J'lor of Brown Sabath
Angora of Blue Ferith
-OPEN-

Candidatemaster
M'ari of Green Valenth

Assistant Candidatemaster
Cryssa of Blue Cindath

Wherlingmaster
Sennet of Blue Sennesk

Assistant Wherlingmasters
Kalen of Gold Kalesk
Ceanna of Green Ceannsk

Headwoman
Tanna

Assistant Headwoman
-OPEN-
Important Threads
Check These Out!
OOC Staff
our fearless leaders
admins
YERA
SEIRYE
SLINKYSLOTH

mods
MAZAARI
KILNARAK
IOT
Chatbox
Time to say hi!
Linkage
the coolest sites on the net
affiliates
RP Lovers A Gift of Dragons Canyon River Weyr Mithra Weyr

link us

Credits
you guys rock!
Skin and sidebar Manda of RPG-U. Pern and its dragons belong to the late Anne McCaffrey and her family. The characters written here belong to those who created them. Sprites and all pieces of art belong to those who created them; there is a thread for credits and links in the information section of the board.

If you would like to donate to help with the board's premium service and the chatbox, click here!

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply

Ball, Bait, Rock or Run (OPEN), Pokeflits #3: Gold Tempest's 1st Clutch
Winny
 Posted: Apr 26 2017, 05:35 PM

Greenrider
Group: Character

Not terribly long after Joy's humble little clutch of three small eggs had hatched, Tempest had flown. Though it would be roughly around a month before she actually laid her eggs, her nesting began immediately; she hoarded every soft piece of material she could find, stealing feathers out of pillows, spare scraps of fabric out of the box Winny kept for the purpose of mending clothes, and loose tufts of fur from Tiny. She even filched a wad of soft wool from Smaug, who had been deeply distressed by this affront; first, his queen would not choose him as her mate, despite how dutiful he had been to her. Then, she was stealing his precious treasures for eggs that weren't his!

She'd gone through several different potential locations. There was the very top platform of the play-tree Hers had built for the firelizards, wherfoxes and the feline, but that was too frequently-used by others of her fair, and by Tiny who did not take kindly to her trying to steal the fur that was attached to him still. She could have them in one of Winny's drawers, like Joy had done, but obviously they weren't safe there if Hers could find them so easily. She could commandeer the spot above the wardrobe, which was where Smaug kept his hoard, but she was promptly chased down from there by Winny. Under the bed would not be safe from the wily raptors.

Tempest had considered putting her nest somewhere else in the 'bowl entirely. She had an expansive enough fair that she was sure they would be safe, but there were still an awful lot of queens floating around out there, including that wretched cannibal and her brood, nevermind the conniving feral fairs who would take any opportunity to ruin a Weyr queen's nest and eat her eggs. So, early on and very definitively, Tempest decided that she must have her eggs in her weyr.

Winny, unimpressed by her moody gold's indecision, had set up a few cubbyholes deliberately to try and catch Tempest's interest. Finally, her labors bore fruit, and in the final days before Tempest was to lay her eggs, she caved and took up residence in a warm, dark wooden box stuffed with clean laundry, wool that Winny had purchased from the beastcrafters, and fine fabric Tempest had promptly shredded to make more fluffy. With the additions of all Tempest's nesting material, it was perfect, and Tempest deposited her eggs there overnight.

Unfortunately for the young gold, that would simply not be the end of it. Copying the method the Harper-turned-rider P'oly had used, Winny set up a pan of sand over the hearth with kindling smoldering beneath the rack it sat on, making sure it was nice and hot before relocating all of the eggs one-by-one; there were ten altogether, a good solid number. Four of them she would send to her family back home, two for the twins, one for her mother and one for her older sister who she knew had married not too long after Winny was Searched and was now a few months into a pregnancy.

Though the parents of the clutch were both rather temperamental, Winny hoped the flit she addressed to Tyri would be helpful; her older sister loved small animals almost as much as Winny loved horses, and had wanted a firelizard since the day she saw their local Lord Holder with one on his shoulder.

Now, the day had finally come. Doriath had a feeling early in the morning, and had woken up before dawn to watch the nest diligently for the next couple of candlemarks. Tempest did not appreciate the scrutiny, hissing and pacing and circling, perhaps over-tending to her six remaining eggs. Winny kept a close eye on the lot of them, and had already prepared a basket for when she was certain the eggs were ready.

Then, there was the first peep.

Winny called for the drudges immediately, apologizing for the inconvenience though these were the same two who often aided her when her leg prevented her from going far to fetch something. A quarter of a mark later, she was armed with ten bowls of thinly-sliced meat and a shallow basket full of hot sand, covered with a small blanket of white lace, embroidered with yellow flowers and green leaves. While she set up the basket on the ground outside in the 'bowl, spreading out the dishes for people to grab as they came up-- first come, first served, if someone is chosen who doesn't have a bowl you give yours to them-- Doriath sent out the call.

Please join Mine and myself outside in the Weyrbowl! Tempest's eggs are about to hatch, and we wish them to go to good homes!

--------------------
Winny of Green Doriath
aspiring healer
dragon possessing the abilities Anodyne and Empathy
#38DD6D

accompanied by a small zoo

> profile! <
PM
^
D'aan
 Posted: Apr 26 2017, 06:19 PM

Candidate

" Eggs? Eggs! Mine theres a hatching!? We must go! We must see the new dragons! Though who is this Tempest? Is it the southern Queen? D'aan had woken up just before Doriath had spoken to everyone. She had wanted to sleep the morning away, still sore from all the laps she had done the previous evening. However Tydath decided that jumping up on her bed, and her, was they only way to wake her up.

"Ty get off and I will get up." She graoned. Sliding off the bed she changed quickly for not soon after Sev was attatched to her shoulder chirping loudly in her ear. Stopping by the door she let out a sigh of frustration, this was not going to be her morning. And how had one of the Queens already lay a clutch of eggs already....wait. maybe the morning would get better.

"Ty Tempest isn't a Dragon. Shes a firelizard. She rose not to long ago and Her eggs are the ones hatching.

"Oh. Well that makes sense. So are you going to get another firelizard?"

"We will see, first you are all going to get feed." She gave Midnight the scrapps that the cat hadn't eaten the other night, pleanty for two more meals and would be gone by lunch. Sev, Remmy, and Berry ate there food quickly, but Tydath inhaled his so they could move on to the hatching.

Walking up to the table she waved at Winny and Dori,

"Good morning greenrider Winny, Green Doriath." She greeted the two, not really sure if they had become friends or if that had ended at the AS hatching, better safe than sorry. She took a bowl from the table and walked back a little to not crowd the table and to be near Tydath who had seated himself a little aways. He seemed to ignore Doriath but gave little glances to the nest. He was still close to the table but far enough away to were he could lay down and still see the nest/basket.

--------------------
D'aan of Blue Tydath

user posted image Sev the Marill blue firelizard
Rose Quartz Berry
Blue Remmy
Midnight the cat
wears a shinny Necklace
PM
^
D'rud
 Posted: Apr 26 2017, 09:10 PM

Amethystrider

Mine. Wake up.. Rhumemth's voice trailed into D'rud's mind as he rested, though he had been on the verge of awake, his dream slipping into the back of his mind. Blinking as he was called, and then nudged by his Amethyst, D'rud slowly sat back up, running a hand down his face as he looks to his dragoling. He was getting big already. At one point, D'rud could almost carry him like a puppy, now he seemed almost big enough to make a sort of bed for his bonded.

"What is it?"

Rhumemth preens a little, looking to D'rud. Doriath says that hers has a firelizard and there are eggs. She's asking for anyoen who might like one to come and see. I want to see them. The Amethyst stands up and tugs at D'rud's pants.

"You're very eager. This is not like you. You must be growing up a little bit. After all , a firelizard would mean you have to share me."

Perhaps. But I am not threatened by a smaller version of me. After all, I am a dragon, and this would just be a pet. Maybe for both of us. Maybe you could teach it to fetch things, like snacks.

D'rud chuckles as he pulls a shirt on and makes his way down to the Weyrbowl. Looking around, he waves to D'aan and then to Winny, Rhumemth close on his heels. Now that they were around others, Rhumemth adopted his typical possessive stance, pressing close to his bonded and eyeing the other two warily.

"I've told you, they have their own humans."

Rhumemth looks around, suspiciously. It does not hurt to make sure. Now. Go and sit. Seemingly satisfied for now, that no one here can take His from him, rhumemth settles on his haunches beside His, and then lays down, resting his head on his paws, watching and waiting.

D'rud takes a bowl of meat before sitting down, placing it in his lap uncertainly. "Hello!" He greeted both D'aan and Winny pleasantly, smiling.

--------------------
D'rud of Amethyst Rhumemth

user posted image

Played by Axun
PM
^
M'zara
 Posted: Apr 27 2017, 03:31 AM

Candidate

The one who lost Hellion's brother has a clutch. Toth would state, lazying about on his ledge while M'zara was working on oiling a dry patch on the dragon. Pausing for a moment, the curly haired man would seem to think for a moment, before finishing up with his task. It has been a long while since he had taken on another pet, and while Pocket's kittens had been a nice distraction for a while, it was now several months since he had given them away.

Hellion and Flapjack were both grown up now, and though the little quartz was still as clumsy and clueless as ever, both knew how to take care of themselves, spending less time with the rider. "You think I should go and see if I might get one?" he asks from Toth, who would snort and lay down flat as if he did not care one way or another. Just go, or don't go. It is your choise, Mine.

And so M'zara found himself walking outside in the bowl, approaching the spot where Winny had set up. Already there were a few others gathered, and he would give both D'aan and Drud a nod before offering Winny a wide smile. "Hullo there. How easily did Tempest let you go with those eggs?" he would pick up a bowl of cut meat as an afterthought, promptly flopping down on his arse and crossing his legs so he could place the bowl on his lap.

Hellion, it seems, has somehow gotten wind of his owner's intentions, now appearing from between to land on the tanned male's shoulder and squint at the basket of eggs in a suspicious manner. Great, another territory invader was all he needed. The blue certainly was not going to admit that he did want for company at times, now that Flapjack was hanging around Tempest's fair.

--------------------
Pocket the cat.
Beach Body Blue Hellion
Cream Puff Quartz Flapjack

Rider of White Quartz(#FCFFFE) Toth
PM
^
A'ria
 Posted: Apr 27 2017, 08:41 AM

Amethystrider

Would you like to go? Perhaps there will be refreshments... Amethyst Eleuth stretched, his maw parting in a wide yawn as he glanced from his A'ria toward two of his siblings as they meandered out of the Weyrlings' Barrack at the call of the older Green. Doriath, wasn't that her name? Yes, one winged - a shame - but with a hide of pleasing shades, glittering like gold in places.

Oh, but do finish first? It feels so nice. Eleuth glanced back to A'ria as the youth stopped oiling his dragon's hide, the Amethyst widening his eyes and making them shift in a variety of pleading colors.

A'ria swatted the dragon's haunch with the rag he had been using, but went back to the task. He felt... okay today. Which was better than most days. And a bit of refreshment sounded good - perhaps something sweet paired with wine (watered down of course) might be available? "I... I suppose we could go. I've never had a pet. I'll finish first, of course." He managed a slight smirk at Eleuth's mock-affront at the thought that he might not get his full oiling. A'ria set to finishing up the Amethyst's speckled haunch until it gleamed, then wiped his hands on the back of the rag and put it away, along with the jar of oil.

Eleuth had risen while he had put things away, craning his neck to peer back at himself, admiring his A'ria's handiwork. You should make yourself look nice as well. There will be time a-plenty... A wry smirk curved A'ria's lips. "I don't have anything especially nice, Eleuth... not-not anymore." And we shall fix that! Today! With a pet! And perhaps the garments you wore to the feast? Those would suit nicely, I think. A'ria chuckled then went to change into his 'nice' clothing, calling back to the dragon: "She, ah, she invited everyone! I doubt there will be enough for them all!"

Well! We shall still try. Come, come. No, don't do that with your hair... just leave it! Eleuth squeezed his way into A'ria's chambers and herded the youth out with nudges of his nose and gentle butts with his headknobs. The youth found himself herded all the way out of the Barracks and into the Weyrbowl - where Winny, Doriath, and the basket of eggs waited.

Eleuth allowed A'ria to make the last short jaunt of the journey without any prodding, instead trotting out infront of the boy to greet both his siblings. Tydath! Rhumemth! A good morning to you! Isn't it such a lovely day? Is Doriath about as well? I had hoped to say hello... The young Amethyst seemed more than happy to socialize - even if his siblings weren't so inclined.

... which left A'ria to somewhat awkwardly step forward to greet the woman holding the event. He smiled a touch shyly, brushing his fingers through his hair (despite Eleuth's earlier protests). "Ah. Hello. We... um. He wanted... to see the eggs hatch. And well. Maybe we can have one? If... you know, if it wants to have us too... Um..." He trailed off somewhat awkwardly, glancing to the other two weyrlings of his class and offering a smile. "But I guess that's, um, why you two are here as well..."

He smiled at Da'an, then at D'rud, pinking just slightly, then turned to take one of the bowls as the others seemed to be doing. He picked out a spot - not too close to either of them, but not too far either, then sat himself down. Eleuth glanced toward him from where he conversed with the other dragons, eyed the bowl consideringly, and received a soft chuckle and a shake of A'ria's head - negative, these were not the refreshments the Amethyst had imagined.

--------------------
PM
^
D'rud
 Posted: Apr 27 2017, 10:53 AM

Amethystrider

D'rud glances up as A'ria approaches now as well. The blonde-haired young man flashing a welcoming smile to the shy one. At least, that was his take on the matter. He had seen A'ria in a couple of lessons, perhaps even watched him a time or two, but now that would be difficult, especially with Rhumemth's ever-changing moods; a thought which he was careful to keep to himself as well.

For his part, Rhumemth looks up at his sibling, a look of patience, if slightly long-suffering, whirling in his eyes. He wasn't sure how social he was feeling. After all, he had to watch His. But it was still difficult not to speak with your own brother. So, he decided to humor Eleuth. Hello, Eleuth. I suppose it is a fine day. Is Yours here for a pet as well? I told mine to get one. The Amethyst seemed to smirk in a smug manner. I am feeling generous. Besides, I've seen them before, i think. They can carry messages. Maybe they can also carry snacks. A'ri was taken note of, as well, and Rhumemth's eyes briefly whirled orange before he was calmed by a thought from D'rud. He wasn't sure why, but he was slightly uneasy. Of course, given his jealous and possessive streaks, anyone looking at His made him uneasy sometimes.

D'rud sighs, watching Rhumemth. He was starting to learn the warning signs that his dragon was about to get an attitude. At least this time, he was able to stave it off without having to actually stand up. He looks back to A'ria, perhaps a little bit shyly himself, and then looks to all the offered refreshments. Those were fascinating tea cups. Yep.

--------------------

user posted image

Played by Axun
PM
^
Mavada
 Posted: Apr 27 2017, 05:04 PM

Obsidianhandler

Why awake? The obsidian wher grumbled through their mental connection. Light still. Sleep more.

Mavada was in the middle of a very large yawn as she walked from the handler dens to the bowl. "I want to see the firelizards hatch. No one said you had to wake up." She grumbled out before rubbing her eyes. She had spent another late 'night' out watching the sun rise and enjoying the early morning dew and breeze. "I'll come back to bed shortly, just go back to sleep." She bumped into some one on her walk. "Oh. Sorry."

It ok. I forgive.

"I wasn't....oh forget it." She grumbled before giving out another yawn and heading towards where a gathering of people was. "Hope this is it..."
PM
^
Leristen
 Posted: Apr 28 2017, 06:19 PM

Candidate

Leristen heard the call of the green, he recognized her voice and when it really hit him what was going on, he felt a shiver of excitement. I really hope this works out...

Buddy the dog seemed to sense his owner's excitement and immediately shivered as well, his tail wagging a mile a minute as he energetically jumped at Leristen's heel.

The two headed off in the direction of the Weyrbowl to try his hand in attracting one of those little beauties. He imagined if he could get one, he would ask his sister--possibly his brother if she was too busy, to help him train the creature and assist him. Even if he didn't impress a dragon--he would maybe come out of the Weyr with something to show for it. What he didn't know and would likely sigh about later if he found out--was that Winny had sent several eggs home.

Leristen arrived where a small crowd seemed to be gathering, he made his way over to the bowls of meat that seemed to be meant for potential impressers to hold on to. He waved and gave Winny a warm smile, "Hey sis, thanks for the heads up!" he held up his hand, his middle finger wrapped around his index in a show of wishfulness.

--------------------
Candidate Leristen
Played by Jalor

Tri-colored Hound - Buddy
Brown Firelizard - Hunter
PM
^
Winny
 Posted: Apr 28 2017, 07:18 PM

Greenrider

The first to arrive was young D'aan and her lively blue. "Oh! He's growing into a stunning young thing, I bet he'll be a speedy fellow once he starts to fly!" she complimented Tydath, beaming. Though the last time she'd met the young girl had not been a particularly positive one, she seemed to harbor no ill will toward D'aan now. "Thank you so much for coming," she told the weyrling pair sincerely, though her attention was soon diverted to D'rud and his amethyst as they joined the line-up.

"Hello, I don't believe we've met! I'm Winny, and this is Doriath. Thanks for coming," she told him, and Doriath from where she sat perched behind Hers and Tempest's basket offered a reassuring croon to Rhumemth.

Do not worry so, little friend, the green told Rhumemth privately, eyes a delightful blue-green. You know, we all choose Ours and not others for a reason. I chose Mine because she is right for me. Yours would not be right for me. Just like Mine would not be right for you! Of course, some might find the unwarranted advice invasive, but Doriath's affinity for empathy was almost always that. She had very little filter, something Winny was trying-- unsuccessfully-- to work on.

"Oh, it was a nightmare," Winny told M'zara as he spoke to her, turning and stepping forward to offer the familiar quartzrider a hug and a bright smile. "It's a good thing that flits can't move their eggs like felines can move their kittens, otherwise we'd all be staring at an empty basket!"

After M'zara was situated and Hellion had appeared on his shoulder, Winny felt a brief pang of guilt and grief. Pancake had died in Tempest's flight, the brother to the aggressive little blue. It haunted her, though she had never been Bonded on the same level to the firelizard of the late brownrider. She didn't think any Bond not formed at birth would ever be as strong, but she still felt responsible for it, and to have lost one of the few remaining memories of U'ro and Baconath was... fairly devastating, really.

There was fortunately another to distract her from such gloomy thoughts, and she smiled a welcome at A'ria. "It's quite alright," she told him, voice gentle as it would've been were she confronting a spooked runner, "you and Yours are more than welcome to attend. Tempest might not know it, but we all just want the little ones to go where they will be happiest. I'm Winny, and this is Doriath, but you probably knew that already!"

She couldn't help the enthusiasm that entered her voice once more as she looked to Eleuth, her brown eyes twinkling merrily. "He is such a fine dragon! I love his coloration, those dapples are just so fetching! You're all raising your hatchlings so well."

Winny was, of course, peripherally aware of the basket behind her. Eggs were beginning to rock back and forth and make more noise, and Tempest was unsettled. The golden clutchmother's eyes were bright scarlet, and she leered angrily at the growing number of people who were lining up to try and take her children. They should stay here, and stay hers, but her person insisted that to be happy and healthy they must go elsewhere-- so she simply perched, moody and peeved and ready to snap the fingers off anybody that came too close.

"Hello, hello! Thank you for coming, yes you're in the right place if you're here for a firelizard hatching!" Winny chimed as Mavada approached, looking as though she'd just rolled out of bed. Doriath informed her happily that Mavada was a wherhandler, and that made sense. "I'm so glad to have you join us, and-- oh! Leristen!"

Winny abruptly forgot about the rest of their company in favor of flinging herself at her tall, older brother in a bear hug. She was careful not to whap anybody with her cane in the process, of course. "You made it! I was starting to worry!" she told him, squeezing him a little tighter before letting him go with a big grin on her face. "I sent four more eggs back home, too. One for Tyri, one for each of the twins, and one for mom. I think Tyri is due in a month or two?" she asked, the question largely rhetorical.

In any case, it seemed that Leristen would be the last to arrive on time. Winny's eyes widened just as one of the smaller eggs began to crack, turning around to witness a white leg plunging out of the shell just as it toppled over. Tempest paced along the lip of the basket impatiently, and Winny moved to take her spot behind it so she could watch. Hope fluttered down from where she'd sat perched on Doriath's shoulder, cooing encouragingly to the hatchling as it fought its cradle. The green had taken special interest in this clutch, knowing they were close relatives of hers.

Finally, the egg tumbled forward once more. Its surface was webbed with cracks, and finally it was weakened enough for its occupant to break free. As he crawled free, and he was a 'he' though Winny was not sure what variety of 'he' he was initially, it was revealed to be a mostly-white hatchling, and quite small. He cheeped and darted across the basket, flipping his wings and kicking out his tiny white paws to free himself of goo and of any leftover shell-shards. A sky-blue stripe went from a tapered point on his forehead all the way down his spine that eventually encompassed his tail all the way around, and he had tiny blue headknobs to match. His wing membranes were a slightly bluer shade of white, and on his bitty cheeks were little yellow circles.

user posted image

--------------------
Winny of Green Doriath
aspiring healer
#38DD6D

> profile! <
PM
^
D'rud
 Posted: Apr 28 2017, 07:38 PM

Amethystrider

D'rud smiles brightly at Winny, giving her a little wave. "I'm D'rud, bonded to Rhumemth." He waits patiently, settling himself down and giving Rhumemth an amused look as he passed on Doriath's message. She's right you know.

Rhumemth favored Doriath a long look. The young Amethyst was at times a ball of piss and vinegar, but perhaps not at this point. I'm aware. But that doesn't help me sometimes. He gives a quiet huff, laying his head back on his paws and trying to relax. This was difficult for the young Amethyst, who had no idea why he did the things he did sometimes. Perhaps having this pet will help him in more ways than he originally thought.

D'rud chuckles and looks over as he can hear some shells cracking and see eggs starting to wiggle. His smile broadens, and he waits to see who will hatch from this first egg. He was amused to find this excited him almost as much as the day Rhumemth hatched did. And out came.. a quartz? A blue? He studies the unusual colors and markings, thinking. "I think it's a blue." He says to himself.

--------------------

user posted image

Played by Axun
PM
^
Leristen
 Posted: Apr 29 2017, 12:35 AM

Candidate

Leristen gratefully returned his sister's hug. "Of course! How could I pass up a firelizard hatching, and how cool would it be if I got one of your Tempest's babies?"

"You sent some home for everyone else?" A brief moment of jealousy crossed his mind, here he would need to compete, while the twins of all people seemed to have two firelizards already marked for impression. If the twins impressed but he didn't he would be feeling very sorry for himself...

He shook the thought off as he considered it, he was here and he had a chance. He had been chosen just like his sister and brother, and that meant he had whatever it took to bond with dragonkind. This would just be another of the many chances he would get. He was there for a reason. He needed confidence to hunt, and this was just another application of that.

Once the first egg hatched, Leristen smiled. It had begun! He wondered how this would work, how the little firelizard would choose who it would stay with, potentially for the rest of their lives.

--------------------
Candidate Leristen
Played by Jalor

PM
^
M'zara
 Posted: Apr 29 2017, 04:57 AM

Candidate

M'zara would chuckle softly as Winny speaks of the temperamental gold, and for a brief moment the quartz rider thanks his luck that he does not have to deal with one. Sure, they are pretty, but most seem to have personalities larger than their bodies. And if he was correct, Hellion would rather move elsewhere than let anyone else boss himself.

The curly haired man was brought out of his musings by the cracking of shells, his eyes drawing to the basket in curiosity. It was at that moment that Toth began paying attention through his mind as well, and Hellion was watching keenly from his shoulder. Before long a blue and white nose poked out, and then the entire hatchling crawled out. The small thing was certainly loud and energetic, the tan male smiling as it begins running around within the basket. "Seems like a white quartz to me."

Hellion would squint at the sight of the younger flit, and you can just imagine him frown before he lets out a single snort. Then all of a sudden he would fly from His shoulder, and land on Winny's, settling there to watch the hatchlings closer. Wether Tempest would take this as an insult or no, he did not particularily care. The blue had simply felt as if this particular human needed reassurance for something.

He quite vividly remembers the loss of his brother, that flash of lightning now imprinted as an image in his mind for as long as he lives, but it is not the human's fault. Every male chasing had chosen to brave the danger, and besides.... It was the brash queen's fault for luring everyone into potential danger, if there was a need for Hellion to blame anyone.

--------------------
Pocket the cat.
Beach Body Blue Hellion

PM
^
Winny
 Posted: Apr 29 2017, 06:02 PM

Greenrider

Tempest's claws kneaded the woven edge of the basket as she watched, her mood as stormy as her name and the night she had flown. Briefly, her attention turned from her rocking eggs and scrambling hatchling to Hellion as he took up residence on Winny's shoulder, and she bristled just enough to inform everybody of her displeasure. M'zara's other firelizard often attended her fair, but Hellion did not, so he was not trustworthy and she did not like him even if he shared blood with others of her fair. Hers knew that he was actually her nephew, but firelizards did not share such a comprehensive way of remembering or understanding distant relations.

Even if she did knew, she likely wouldn't care. He was headstrong and he was on Winny's shoulder, and she did not like him one bit, especially not close to her eggs-- but more important was the fact that her eggs were hatching, her tiny little treasures emerging into the world. She must protect them above all else, and she mantled her wings over the white-and-blue hatchling as she stepped onto the warm sand to join him. He sneezed and toppled over, and she afforded him a maternal croon before nudging him back to his paws.

In the meantime, one of the other small eggs began to crack open more assuredly, its occupant slowly chipping away at the walls of its prison and tearing open a hole large enough for it to take a few greedy gulps of clear afternoon air. Beside it, one of its clutchmates rocked violently on the sand, bursting open all at once so that the hatchling within could roll onto its paws with a hiss. He was a brown, a pleasing tan in color with white legs, tail and wingsails and a darker brown triangle on his snout that looked comically like a canine's nose. This same brown formed rounded stripes on the white parts of his sails.

user posted image

His head snapped back and forth, wings flared defensively even though his vision was yet obscured by some of his shell's remains. Tempest was at his side in an instant, putting a paw over him to hold him still while she swiftly groomed him. He whined in complaint, hunching down against the sand while he suffered his dam's onslaught. Only when he was sufficiently cleaned did Tempest let him go, standing up straight and tall as she regarded the assembled candidates as a monarch would regard her subjects.

The egg that had been steadily cracking open, having paused so the little flit within could catch its breath, continued to crack open until there was a hole big enough to stick its head and neck through. It was most definitively a male, for it was the blue of calm ocean skies with a creamy marking along its jaw and chin and running along the underside of its neck. As he shouldered his way through, he revealed more of that blue, occasionally freckled with a darker color with that creamy streak continuing down along his underbelly. His wing membranes were also this color, but his back and the backs of his wings were gray like stone and dappled with darker spots.

user posted image

He sat in the sand a moment, turning to quietly groom himself before making any brash decisions. He was quite large for a blue, even a hatchling; in fact, he rivaled the brown brother that now paced along the edge of their basket, brown-tipped claws digging into the sand as his tail lashed back and forth.

--------------------
Winny of Green Doriath
aspiring healer
#38DD6D

> profile! <
PM
^
D'aan
 Posted: Apr 29 2017, 11:20 PM

Candidate

Tydath straightened his posture at Winny's compliment. D'aan rolled her eyes her smile washed any malice that came with the look. She offered a small smile to Winny

"Thank you." It was meant for more than just the comment about Tydath, but also for allowing them there and harboring no ill feelings towards her. She zoned out a bit as people came up, her first sign was Tydath going from lounging behind her to sitting next to her. Sev was too busy watching and cooling to his sister's clutch. D'aan looked over to see D'rud wave to her. She waved back offering A Smile as well. Tydath watch the pair out of the corner of his eyes.

'What are you looking for?'

I don't know yet, but something. The blue got a raised eyebrow at his response. She didn't give any other remarks that she returned M'zara's nod and A'ria's smile. Two others joined giving them both short nods as well. Tydath watched everyone seeming still be looking for something but not being able to find it he turned to watch the nest with his bonded.

As the first egg hatched and revealed a handsome white and blue fire lizard she was not surprised by Tydath's question.

" look it's a blue? He spoke to her questionly.

' Pretty sure he's a quartz ty.'

No it's a blue, see he has blue coloring.

' Yes but the dominant color is white.' An almost playful feeling passed through their bond as the next two eggs hatch they were covered as a brown hatched and was supposed to her but his mother

:Bronze" D'aan covered her snort with a cough.

'Nah he's a ruby.' The Blue was the next to hatch.

Blue!

'Silver.' Both nearly started to laugh.

--------------------
D'aan of Blue Tydath

Rose Quartz Berry
Blue Remmy
Midnight the cat
wears a shinny Necklace
PM
^
D'rud
 Posted: Apr 30 2017, 02:55 AM

Amethystrider

D'rud was entranced by the hatching. He'd never seen a firelizard hatch, though he should have realized it wouldn't be any different than a dragon hatching, only on a smaller scale. Two new babies emerged, a feisty brown and a very pretty blue with stone-grey wings. He looks to Rhumemth, who, for the moment, seems indifferent. He was leaving the choice up to huis Bonded which one they would try and attach, if any.

D'rud, however, while sending thoughts of warmth and welcome to each new hatching, did not seem intent on trying to force himself on any of them, especially since it would seem their dam was quite protective and unhappy about the whole situation. He gasps over the gorgeous markings on both the brown and the large blue, but he will wait and see if one chooses him first.

--------------------

user posted image

Played by Axun
PM
^
Ceanna
 Posted: May 1 2017, 12:57 AM

Wherhandler

Ceanna didn’t know any of the riders of the weyr. She was still trying to learn the names of the wherhandlers she now worked with since her sister and Khennadi had convinced her to stay. For now. Ceannask was certainly happy for the company. The young green hadn’t been around any other whers besides her mother and father for most of her life until this point. Now she had new siblings to play with and other friends to meet! Ceanna rarely left the wher dens without her beloved green at her side...but it was bedtime for the wher and Ceanna felt the need to try and at least become a bit more familiar with the large weyr. She spotted the small gathering in the bowl, remaining distant at first. What was going on? Dragonriders...she still was a bit wary of them. Slowly, the wherhandler moved in closer to get a peek. Tiny eggs. Firelizards were hatching? She didn’t have much experience with the little things. A small bowl of meat left on the ground caught her attention and she picked it up to inspect it. Was this to feed them like you would the whers?
PM
^
Angora
 Posted: May 1 2017, 12:58 AM

Assistant Weyrlingmaster

Angora was so happy to finally be able to sleep...and eat. Winny was making sure of that. The greenrider practically loomed over her at meal times to make sure she cleared her plate. The Weyrwoman had suddenly shown up one day while Angora had been on guard duty to tell her that her punishment was lifted...and to inform her of her new title. She would still be very busy, but at least she could slowly return to a more normal schedule.

But of course with Angora’s luck, her body finally gave in and she caught a nasty cold of sorts that had her feeling miserable. So now the bluerider was often found just hovering wherever Winny was. C’ven wasn’t letting her help since she’d get the Weyrlings sick and Angora wasn’t about to just lay in bed by herself all day. She even started spending the night in Winny’s weyr for the company...and quick access to any medicine she needed. Though she mostly would just burrito herself in blankets on Winny’s bed while making various sick noises. She totally wasn’t there for other reasons. Totally just health related. (Winny was a good cuddler)

Most of the time she’d just ignore the sounds of Tempest throwing a fit. Abno had been similar when she had her clutch ages ago. But less feisty. Angora remained hidden in Winny’s weyr when the greenrider left to set things up for the little hatching. Her curiosity got the better of her though and she soon shuffled out to the bowl with a blanket around her shoulders and her little crew of firelizards in tow. Abno was on her usual perch on top of her head, Petal tucked into her arms, and Titan wrapped around her shoulders. The bronze seemed to be the most excited of the bunch seeing as Tempest had hatched from the same clutch as him. Angora had scooped up a bowl of meat for the hell of it, though had to make sure Titan and Petal didn’t try to sneak some food from it, and moved to stand beside Winny with a stuffy huff.

--------------------
☆*:.。Angora of Blue Ferith。.:*☆

user posted image

PMEmail
^
Winny
 Posted: May 2 2017, 04:11 PM

Greenrider

Winny watched quietly from where she sat as the hatchlings oriented themselves, still taking in all there was of the world. There was indeed a lot to see, a vast sky to fly, so many new scents to inhale-- and right out of their shell, such a monumental task was expected of them as to choose the partner they would hopefully spend their life with!

When Angora finally joined the pair of them, as well as a wherhandler who Winny greeted with a friendly wave and smile, the greenrider sidled a little closer to her friend to offer her support to the ailing bluerider. Really, Angora wasn't as devastatingly sick as she seemed to think she was. Just a combination of allergies and a lack of sleep and eating, and overworking herself, had given her a runny nose and a bit of a cough. Winny thought Angora was acting like a total wimp, but she was secretly glad to be around her so much and enjoyed taking care of her.

The blue-and-white hatchling creeled where he sat, demanding attention be returned to him. Tempest did indeed abandon her two other sons in favor of waddling over to the smallest of the three, licking his head clean as he scrunched his neck and made chins at her. Much better!

Unimpressed with the antics of his smaller, but technically older brother, the brown turned and finally made his way up to the edge of the basket. He flared his wings, creamy and marked with their dark streaks, and he surveyed his options. He immediately passed over Mavada, who he instinctively knew was Bonded to a queen, and one look at Rhumemth had him passing over D'rud. Unacceptable.

While the gray-backed blue sat in the sand and watched more calmly, their more precocious brother took notice of the brown's considerations and squawked jealousy as he realized he would not get the very first pick if he did not hurry along. Tempest shrieked her displeasure at him as he suddenly darted away and lunged into the sky without a care. The brown growled at him, but it was a little too late; the yellow-cheeked menace dipped and dove among his options, batting his wings at D'aan's shoulders before finally, nimbly, lowering himself to Ceanna's. Now, would you be a dear and feed him?

Blue Pachirisu
#77CDDA

|| Bonded To ||
Ceanna
|| Final Length ||
20"
|| Hatchdate ||
4-26-17
|| Matures ||
9-26-17
|| Personality ||
Energetic .:. Prissy .:. Affectionate

Though small for a blue, this little fellow is near to bursting with excitement and energy. He's very quick and slippery, and has a tendency for getting into things and for being difficult to catch. His speed and agility can rival that of his green sisters and he will be inclined to use it right out of his shell-- so his Bonded better watch out! However, he sleeps as hard as he plays, and can be zipping around one moment and out like a light the next (he's a very heavy sleeper). He can be rather prissy and demanding, wanting to be the one in the spotlight; he also always thinks he knows best, and that things should be done exactly how he wants them. He's very affectionate when he's getting what he wants, and when he's sleepy.

Fine, fine-- the brown grumbled his annoyance. He had considered the greenhandler, but he was also not so high-maintenance as his blue brother. Spreading his wings again, he carefully lifted off from the edge of the basket and chose his own person. Without wavering in his course, he went to Leristen, landing on the tall blonde's arm and meeting his gaze for a long moment. It was almost as though he were testing him, but then he lowered his head and instead regarded the bowl of meat, pawing at it.

Brown Lycanroc
#D5BBAC

|| Bonded To ||
Leristen
|| Final Length ||
32"
|| Hatchdate ||
4-26-17
|| Matures ||
9-26-17
|| Personality ||
Loyal .:. Hard-Working .:. Mistrusting

With a calm and patient disposition, this brown makes for a steadfast and easy-to-train companion. He will have no tolerance for abuse, for himself or for others, and will not hesitate to leave his person if he feels mistreated. He is noble and will be defensive of those smaller and weaker than him, and like his mother he will be mistrusting of other humans and larger creatures. Still, once his loyalty is won, one could not ask for a more dedicated and hard-working companion. As an adult, he might not be the fastest flyer, but he will have a considerable amount of stamina to rival his bronze and silver brothers.

--------------------
Winny of Green Doriath
aspiring healer
#38DD6D

> profile! <
PM
^
Mavada
 Posted: May 2 2017, 04:16 PM

Obsidianhandler

Mavada gave a tired smile towards Winny. She was about to thank her for having her when she darted off to a male. She blinked a few times before glancing about. "I wonder if Brynna would want one..."

Brynna not there? Then no have pests. Lucky Brysk.

"Didn't you say you were going back to bed, cranky ass?" She mumbled out before moving to find a bowl of meat chunks and sniffed at them. "This....this is fresh meat? Not old meat? Do Weyrs have that much to spare?" She asked no one specifically since Mavask didn't respond.

The blonde would watch everyone while waiting for the young to hatch. When the flits began to come forth from their eggs, Mavada found her way closer and clutching her bowl tightly. Her eyes watched as the flits explored then found their bonded. "Aww. They're so cute."

Pests
PM
^
D'aan
 Posted: May 2 2017, 04:26 PM

Candidate

Their playful batter about the colors was interrupted as the blue and white firelizard took off. At first D'aan thought he was coming to her but then he batted at her shoulder, which earned him an odd look from her, only to go to one of the Wherhandlers. Sev had chirpped to the little blue as he came close then more as he flew away, happy that he had someone to talk to, even for just a second.

Tydath followed the blues movements as he flew to his bonded then to another girl.

"What was that about?" he asked curiously, his eyes narrowed as he watched the little blue. D'asn just shrugged, turning back to see the brown land and impress as well. She gave a smile to both Ceanna and Leristen.

--------------------
D'aan of Blue Tydath

Rose Quartz Berry
Blue Remmy
Midnight the cat
wears a shinny Necklace
PM
^
Leristen
 Posted: May 2 2017, 05:45 PM

Candidate

Leristen was surprised to find the weight on his arm. Leristen quickly obliged, holding the bowl up so the firelizard was able to eat from its new perch. The brown creature happily ate his food after offering Leristen a certain amount of scrutiny. Leristen examined the cream, tan, and brown firelizard and was curiously reminded of a canine, well that suit him just fine. He was still standing and was able to watch as others had found their places.

He turned to his sister, who he was standing near, but without crowding her. She seemed to amass friends and fans wherever she went, clearly very popular at the Weyr. Once he caught her eye, he exclaimed, "Look at that Winny! I got one of my own!"

He continued regarding his new bonded pet, and wondered what he might call the thing.

--------------------
Candidate Leristen
Played by Jalor

PM
^
Tanna
 Posted: May 5 2017, 09:31 AM

Assistant Headwoman

Tanna was in a hurry flitting from task to task, she made no secret of how much in a rush she was. It was while she was bulldozing through the bowl, attempting to get from one cavern entrance to another, a shortcut she had discovered when she first arrived, with the added benefit of giving her some fresh air and sunlight.

She wasn't in a wonderful mood, but really, she never was. Ever since Taryn had impressed a bronze dragon, there had been a rift between them. Not only was he busy, but she reacted quite poorly when she had discovered that impression was made. Any solace she had found in him having impressed one of Sorreath's offspring rather than that dratted Sasianth's had disappeared when the dragon he had impressed turned out to be bronze. The brief pride she felt was displaced with overwhelming fear as he would likely be chosen for wing leadership and more confrontation with danger.

It was as these thoughts bled through her mind in an endless loop that she noticed a gathering of people in her path. She walked up, planning to step around the group of gathered individuals when she realized what was going on. A firelizard hatching. She once had fancied the little creatures as a girl, always hoping to impress one herself. She had rejected that thought though and always avoided them. They typically took place inside a rider's weyr, so she had never really come across one randomly before. Her interest was piqued and she lingered, examining as a blond fellow began feeding a brown and cream hatchling with odd markings.

--------------------
Assistant Headwoman Tanna
Played by Jalor

Gold Firelizard

PM
^
M'zara
 Posted: May 5 2017, 04:48 PM

Candidate

Hellion did not seem to care one bit what Tempest thought of him hanging around on Winny's shoulder, staying there while watching each hatchling keenly. Every now and then he would huff, especially at the sight of the rather proud seeming brown. The excited pale blue was barely any better, so Hellion is very glad to see them go to other people rather than M'zara.

The older blue cannot make heads or tails of the hatchling with the gray wings though, and before he can attempt to try and approach, his owner would suddenly click at him, in a similar manner the curly haired man does to Pocket whenever he feels the cat has done something wrong. "Hellion, get back here. You have been bothering Winny enough." the quartz rider reprimands, causing the blue to grumble and glide back on 'his' person's shoulders.

--------------------
Pocket the cat.
Beach Body Blue Hellion

PM
^
Winny
 Posted: May 5 2017, 06:27 PM

Greenrider

Tempest settled into her position on the far side of the basket, squinting as she watched her children choose their Bonded. She supposed it was alright, and that they had made adequate choices thus far. Something she simply could not be satisfied with, however, was Hellion perching on her person's shoulder so brazenly, and when he began to inch toward the basket out of some kind of curiosity, she whipped her head around and stared murderously at him. Hers could take care of herself-- but her hatchlings were still very small! She flared her wings with their undersides like the black of storm clouds, flashing the stripes along her body simultaneously.

It proved unnecessary, for the most part. His called him away, and she was also dissatisfied with the fact that he had not left out of respect for her, but alas. Reluctantly, she returned her attention to the relaxed blue hatchling still on the sand, and the trio of remaining eggs. One had begun to rattle and shake most viciously, almost buzzing with the fervent desire to escape. She'd had three medium-sized eggs and three smaller eggs, and this egg belonged to the former descriptor.

A orange-colored foot stuck straight through the shell, finally, which had been compromised thanks to all of the shimmying and rattling. Then, the foot retracted as an equally-orange snout was shoved out of the fragile exit-- eggs-it, if you would-- and a face began to shove through. Claws joined the head as the creature within fought to escape, scratching and ripping at its confines before it half-fell out.

user posted image

She was certainly a gold, and she definitely looked to be her mother's daughter. Two thick, black bands wrapped about her body while a red-orange marking shaped like a diamond graced her brow, her eyes matching its color in her hungry, irritable mood. The undersides of her wings gleamed a silvery white, a contrast to her mother, and when she lifted her head she flared them wide.

So, the little queen had inherited her mother's temper along with her looks, it would seem. Her gaze soon fell on the blue who had continued to sit and watch, and he finally seemed to have had enough of observing. His belly was hungry, and he suspected that if he stuck around, his sister would antagonize him. Rising to his paws and spreading wings of slate and cream, he crouched and then leapt into the air. Even built more bulky than his siblings, he was small in his youth and gently sailed through the air and around the heads of the attendees, carefully looking over each to confirm his choice.

Very gently, he began his descent and landed lightly on A'ria's shoulder, crooning reassuringly up at the boy before pressing his head against A'ria's cheek. This one seemed like he could use the company.

Blue Lapras
#60B6E0

|| Bonded To ||
A'ria
|| Final Length ||
30"
|| Hatchdate ||
4-26-17
|| Matures ||
9-26-17
|| Personality ||
Curious .:. Gentle .:. Helpful

As large as a brown, this blue is a gentle giant. You will have a hard time finding a firelizard more calm and patient than this one. He's not very noisy, but likes to sing and is attracted to music. He'll never try to use his size as an advantage, and doesn't mind letting others go first. He especially likes human children and firelizard hatchlings, and would make a devoted guardian for a nest if given the opportunity-- even if the nest was not his. He will like calm naps with his Bonded, and is difficult to rile.

The queen, though she was less than impressed with the fact that she was late, did not seem particularly motivated to make her choice right away. Tempest's tail twitched as she eyed her daughter, not all too interested in doting on this one. While the newborn queen would not rush herself off to find a suitable candidate, Tempest would be happier when the other gold was out of her basket.

Not aware of the malcontent going on around it, the fifth of the eggs had begun to steadily crack. Its occupant worked slowly and stubbornly at freeing itself, and finally managed to get a green claw through a wide enough crack. Pulling at the shell, it made a bigger and bigger hole, pausing only a moment to take in a few big gulps of air. Then, she crawled from her cradle and lifted her yellow face to the sun, emerald wings drooping. Oh, the sunlight felt nice...

user posted image

--------------------
Winny of Green Doriath
aspiring healer
#38DD6D

> profile! <
PM
^
Leristen
 Posted: May 5 2017, 09:03 PM

Candidate

Leristen hovered protectively over the brown, though it seemed unlikely that the stoic thing needed much of that. He continued watching his new friend and seemingly shut out the world around him while the brown firelizard ate.

"What should we call you, little guy?" He thought about the markings that distinctly reminded him of a canine. They were carnivores, they worked with their packs as social creatures, to hunt..."Is Hunter your name?"

The little brown looked up at Leristen absently, briefly distracted from the meal in front of him. He lazily blinked as if he found the name acceptable, even if it didn't overjoy him. He dipped his head before continuing to eat.

"Alright, Hunter it is." He smiled again at the little creature. Buddy had been on his best behavior throughout the process, stalwartly guarding Leristen's heel. He observed the interaction his owner had with the small lizard thing but didn't think much of it.

--------------------
Candidate Leristen
Played by Jalor

PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply

2.99 Cent Blues skinned by Manda/Ariesness of RPG-Directory.