Welcome
to the southern continent

D'Sanctine Weyr takes place in 10th Pass Pern. AIVAS was never discovered, and Thread still falls on the planet. Overpopulating causes stress in the Weyrs, which leads to the foundation of a new southern Weyr, dubbed D'Sanctine. A Hold is founded to support the Weyr, titled Sanctis Hold. Old riders and prospective candidates flock to the new Weyr for a chance at an easier, less crowded life, but the hatching of dragons of strange colors has left the more conservative holds and Weyrs in the north uneasy. The political atmosphere is tense as a drawn bowstring-- it is only a matter of time before the arrow is loosed.

Current Events
what's happening!

Summer - P10 T16

5/4/17 - Mornings have been foggy thanks to warm days and cool evenings. There was recently a routine Threadfall that only resulted in a few injuries and no fatalities. The weyrfolk are gathering and brewing up some vats of numbweed to resupply, so a section of the Weyr is going to be awfully stinky for a few days.

4/1/17 - Fall has arrived, and with it pleasant breezes and the occasional storm. It's by no means cold, but it isn't as impossibly hot and humid as summer gets.
Current Staff
Who's Who in D'Sanctine Weyr
Senior Weyrwoman
Lauralyn of Gold Sorreath

Junior Weyrwomen
Daetha of Gold Saraiath

Weyrleader
-TBA-

Junior Weyrleaders
Fen'ris of Bronze Tyrth
S'era of Bronze Rhuinath

Weyrlingmasters
C'ven of Blue Jessath
A're of Green Muraath

Assistant Weyrlingmasters
J'lor of Brown Sabath
Angora of Blue Ferith
-OPEN-

Candidatemaster
M'ari of Green Valenth

Assistant Candidatemaster
Cryssa of Blue Cindath

Wherlingmaster
Sennet of Blue Sennesk

Assistant Wherlingmasters
Kalen of Gold Kalesk
Ceanna of Green Ceannsk

Headwoman
Tanna

Assistant Headwoman
-OPEN-
Important Threads
Check These Out!
OOC Staff
our fearless leaders
admins
YERA
SEIRYE
SLINKYSLOTH

mods
MAZAARI
KILNARAK
IOT
Chatbox
Time to say hi!
Linkage
the coolest sites on the net
affiliates
RP Lovers A Gift of Dragons Canyon River Weyr Mithra Weyr

link us

Credits
you guys rock!
Skin and sidebar Manda of RPG-U. Pern and its dragons belong to the late Anne McCaffrey and her family. The characters written here belong to those who created them. Sprites and all pieces of art belong to those who created them; there is a thread for credits and links in the information section of the board.

If you would like to donate to help with the board's premium service and the chatbox, click here!

Add Reply

Candidate Meet and Greet again, Tag: Candidates (and anyone else)
Shyrana
 Posted: May 3 2017, 01:15 AM

Group: Members

Shyrana had kept a pretty low profile thus far at the Weyr. She had been completing her chores, avoiding being seen, and attending lessons that would seemingly prepare her for candidacy. She had found that life at the Weyr had not been all that different then her life at Benden.

She also hadn't gotten to know any of her classmates yet. She knew a few of them in passing, but they mostly communicated in gestures and grunts. She hoped to get to know them better, which is why she posted the note on the bulletin board. Still, she was unsure whether anyone would show up. At least the day was beautiful, and it was pleasant to be outside and in the sunshine.

She watched the dragons overhead, some flying, some bathing in the sun. They were why she was here. To help protect Pern, but also to be a caretaker to one someday. She thought about what it would mean to be a rider, and a sense of calm settled over her. She was not one to dwell on what ifs and unrealistic expectations. But this, she felt confident about it. She would be a rider, she could feel it in her bones.

She wondered if the other candidates felt as sure of themselves, then she wondered if that was perhaps a trait that most candidates shared? It was certainly possible she supposed.

PM
^
Simut
 Posted: May 3 2017, 08:35 PM

Simut had been wandering, bored. Lessons done for the day, the blonde male had ths usual scowl on his features, paying little mind to his surroundings. However, he was as determined as the rest to bond to a dragon. He was a little older than some here, but he wasn't going to let that deter him.

As he made his way along the bowl, he spied someone he thought he recognized. Simut was -not- the most social of candidates, and could be downright unfriendly and even a tad abrasive, but that didn't mean he wasn't aware of the other candidates in the classes he'd attended.

Much like Shyrana, Simut had also kept a low profile, doing little more than was necessary, though he may have gotten into verbal exchanges a time or two, being the prideful bastard that he was. He froze, however, grimacing. Wonderful. So he could either be rude and go in another direction, or be social and miserable. His upbringing wouldn't likely let him do the former, knowing that to be a rider, sometimes you had to do things that were unpleasant to you.

And so, with a sigh, he continued on his current path, until he was within talking distance. He kept a careful space between him and Shyrana, however. Clearly this one liked his personal space. Couldn't have anyone getting too close in any sense of the word. His hand was raised in a lazy sort of wave. "Hello."
PM
^
Shyrana
 Posted: May 5 2017, 01:55 PM

Shyrana noticed the approaching blonde man. She had certainly noticed him around previously, his height was unmistakable. As he approached, she could sense some standoffishness in him, unsurprisingly. The candidates had not spent much quality time together, and trying to force interaction was uncomfortable for everyone. She hadn't wanted to force anyone, and would graciously wave should he decide to continue past her.

When he greeted her, she smiled warmly, attempting to communicate her engagement and excitement to get to know another in the same situation as her. "Hello! I'm not sure we've formally met before, I'm Shyrana. How are you?"

Her posture was one of comfort and familiarity. She had a knack for fitting in to different spaces and situations, and she prided herself on her ability to encourage ease around her.
PM
^
jarahamee
 Posted: May 5 2017, 09:34 PM

Bregga approached the other two a little awkwardly. She was tall and broad-shouldered, wearing a simple tunic and hose with workman's shoes, now clean and free of mud.

Her hair is cut in a curly, dark bob cut, framing her angular jaw and sharp features.

She had not kept a particularly low profile, but she was new and had to make an effort to greet everyone.

She raises a large, scarred hand in greeting.

"Hello there. I don't think I know either of you yet. I'm Bregga, and this is my dog, Yipyap."

Yipyap hovers around behind her owner with wary yellow eyes.
PMEmail
^
Simut
 Posted: May 6 2017, 02:41 AM

Simut does again briefly consider just moving on. HOwever, perhaps it would do him some good to at least attempt to make allies. The concept of friends was actually quite foreign to him. He believed others only used the term in order to leech of others. But allies could be useful. At the very least, when there were no lessons, it might break some of the monotony of chores and other such things as they were expected to do. And so, when he was greeted in return, a very believable smile was offered, first to Shyrana, and then to Bregga as she approached.

"Pleasure to meet you both. My name is Simut. I've seen you at least in lessons, if I recall?" He raises a curious brow to Shryana. "At the very least during chores." There was a distasteful grin, that soon melted into a sneer, when the dog was registered. He really didn't care for most animals, but canines especially. He took a conscious step back a couple paces, keeping a distance. So long as Yipyap stayed over there, there wouldn't be much issue from the candidate. Simut knew canines were a part of both weyr and hold life. That didn't mean he had to like the damned things.
PM
^
Shyrana
 Posted: May 6 2017, 08:57 AM

Shyrana smiled as brightly if not brighter as Bregga appeared, partly at the appearance of the dog in front of her. She did not have the same hang ups about canines that Simut seemed to be displaying, instead crouching down and allowing the dog to approach her should it want to. "Its good to meet you Bregga!" Her smile was an easy one and reached her eyes. "My name is Shyrana."

"Ahh yess, it seems like the chores never end...but I'm sure its meant to build character." The sarcasm was apparent in her voice, making fun of the Weyr's decision to work the candidates to the bone. She spent more time on chores here than she ever had at Benden working with the Headwoman. She didn't really have a problem with it, others seemed to have a harder time with it though, and she could sympathize. And at the very late it was a topic to commiserate and bond over.

"May I?" She gestured to Yipyap, checking to see if she could pet the dog, if it should choose to approach Shyrana.
PM
^
Leristen
 Posted: May 6 2017, 12:03 PM

Candidate
Group: Character

Leristen read the posting that one of the other candidates put up on the bulletin board in the barracks. He was intrigued. It began to dawn on him that he had been a candidate for a long while now, longer than most by his estimation. Others who had been around as long seemed to become disheartened and had begun departing. He wondered if that meant he should leave as well.

He did have one thing that many other candidates didn't, two siblings who had already impressed and were dragonriders. He thought it probably affected his motivation and resolve a little bit. If he was being honest, there had only been two queen hatchings, and for one of them he had been very ill.

Now though, he had impressed his own firelizard, and any doubts he had been entertaining seemed to vanish. The joy of the bond impressed upon him the gravity of the bond riders must share with dragons, it was something he wanted.

Being a lone wolf hadn't exactly worked out very well for him thus far, he figured some social time would be good. Leristen, his young brown firelizard, Hunter, and the tri-colored hound, Buddy approached the gathering group of candidates out in the weyrbowl.

He quietly murmured "Hello and found a place in the sort of circle that was forming.

Buddy excitedly approached the other dog that was in attendance. His aim was to sniff, but approached slowly and curiously.

--------------------
Candidate Leristen
Played by Jalor

Tri-colored Hound - Buddy
Brown Firelizard - Hunter
PM
^
jarahamee
 Posted: May 6 2017, 12:49 PM

Bregga smiles at the newcomer, and a little more at Shyrana and Leristen who welcomed her dogs.

The expression seemed natural on her generally rather-serious face and her white teeth glinted. She often considered them to be one of her few good features besides perhaps, her dark, gentle eyes.

"I think I have seen you, I've gone to all the lessons I've seen coming, so far, and I've tried to help with the chores as much as I can."

She seems a little awkward with even this many people gathered around her right now. Her largeness made her discomfort more obvious.

"Yipyap is friendly, don't worry about her. I kind of like chores, but I'm used to them from home. It kind of... I don't know if it builds character, but it will keep us pretty fit and strong, and humble. Not everyone is suited to that sort of life though. "

Yipyap walks over and sniffs Shyrana and then turns about so that the candidate can scratch her rear half. She seems perfectly happy to be approached and sniffed by Buddy, but keeps her head up in a confident position.
PMEmail
^
Simut
 Posted: May 8 2017, 04:05 PM

Simut looks over to Leristen, nodding to him, though his dog was also eyes warily. He sighs, now feling awkward as -everyone- here seemed to have ot at least like the canines, whereas he, would rather not be around them. Still, if he was to survive, so to speak, he would have to tough it out. He had no pets at all to speak of, in fact. Perhaps that was odd for this Weyr? Almost every one he had seen so far had a firelizard at the very least, if not an entire fair of them. "Hello! I'm Simut." This delayed greeting was aimed towards Leristen.

He wasn't sure where to stand. He wanted to be close enough to try and appear social and get to know some of these people, but at the same time, he didn't want to attract the attention of the dogs. Well. If they sniffed him or anything, they'd receive no pets from him! A smile upon his rather handsome face and he ran his fingers through his hair.

"Chores are nothing new to me. They were a regular back at Benden." HE sighs, shaking his head. "I do not care for them, though I understand why they think they are important. Personally, I just think it's because no one else wants to do them, so they delegate the most tedious to candidates." He snorts soft,y, lips twisting into a very rare sort of smile, though whether its genuine or not is not known. "Yes, we need clean bedding, yes, we need bandages in the infirmary, yes we need numbweed for after Thread, but there is also no shortage of people here. I don't think chores build character at all. One either has it, or they do not. Menial labor does not help develop it." He shrugs. "Of course that's just my personal opinion."

He seems aware this won't make him popular among the new candidates, but he was a little older. And perhaps a tad more bitter. NO bright eyed, bushy tailed hopefulness fr him here, just harsh reality. He'd probably be the kind to pop kids' balloons with needles.
PM
^
jarahamee
 Posted: May 10 2017, 12:42 AM

"Some people don't like them but I guess I'm just used to them, and I like a little bit of hard work. What did you do before you were chosen to be a candidate, Simut?"

She doesn't seem offended by the idea that some people may not appreciate hard labor, or thinks it is menial. Perhaps for some people, it was. She was not one who saw some people above some tasks, and others not, but some people were better suited for certain kinds of work, and other people, like her younger brother, never enjoyed or appreciated hard exercise and chores.

"My brother shares your sentiments about chores and hard labor." She manages a small smile.

Yipyap did not come where she wasn't invited but would roll over and expose her stomach where she was.
PMEmail
^
Simut
 Posted: May 11 2017, 03:24 PM

"Hard work is important. But that doesn't mean we should be doing drudges work."

HE sighed, a faint smirk curling his lips, before giving a shrug. Simut had a tendency to speak his mind, often without thinking first, though he rarely seems to care if he offends anyone or not. However, at the subject change, he tilts his head.

"I was raised in Benden Weyr. My sire was a dragonrider, but I had not much luck Impressing there. In my spare time, I picked up leather working as a way to keep my hands and mind occupied in between clutches, touchings, and hatchings. Interestingly, it was when I was repairing some harnesses and a rider from here came to pick them up that I was Searched and brought here instead."
PM
^
jarahamee
 Posted: May 13 2017, 12:31 AM

"You do leatherwork? Do you think you could make leather protective gear? Or is it mostly harnesses and straps? That is good and useful work too."

He did have a point in that their talents could have better been used elsewhere, but what could she do? She rather enjoyed the exertion of hard chores and a good day of work herself honestly.

PMEmail
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply

2.99 Cent Blues skinned by Manda/Ariesness of RPG-Directory.