Welcome
to the southern continent

D'Sanctine Weyr takes place in 10th Pass Pern. AIVAS was never discovered, and Thread still falls on the planet. Overpopulating causes stress in the Weyrs, which leads to the foundation of a new southern Weyr, dubbed D'Sanctine. A Hold is founded to support the Weyr, titled Sanctis Hold. Old riders and prospective candidates flock to the new Weyr for a chance at an easier, less crowded life, but the hatching of dragons of strange colors has left the more conservative holds and Weyrs in the north uneasy. The political atmosphere is tense as a drawn bowstring-- it is only a matter of time before the arrow is loosed.

Current Events
what's happening!

Summer - P10 T16

5/4/17 - Mornings have been foggy thanks to warm days and cool evenings. There was recently a routine Threadfall that only resulted in a few injuries and no fatalities. The weyrfolk are gathering and brewing up some vats of numbweed to resupply, so a section of the Weyr is going to be awfully stinky for a few days.

4/1/17 - Fall has arrived, and with it pleasant breezes and the occasional storm. It's by no means cold, but it isn't as impossibly hot and humid as summer gets.
Current Staff
Who's Who in D'Sanctine Weyr
Senior Weyrwoman
Lauralyn of Gold Sorreath

Junior Weyrwomen
Daetha of Gold Saraiath

Weyrleader
-TBA-

Junior Weyrleaders
Fen'ris of Bronze Tyrth
S'era of Bronze Rhuinath

Weyrlingmasters
C'ven of Blue Jessath
A're of Green Muraath

Assistant Weyrlingmasters
J'lor of Brown Sabath
Angora of Blue Ferith
-OPEN-

Candidatemaster
M'ari of Green Valenth

Assistant Candidatemaster
Cryssa of Blue Cindath

Wherlingmaster
Sennet of Blue Sennesk

Assistant Wherlingmasters
Kalen of Gold Kalesk
Ceanna of Green Ceannsk

Headwoman
Tanna

Assistant Headwoman
-OPEN-
Important Threads
Check These Out!
OOC Staff
our fearless leaders
admins
YERA
SEIRYE
SLINKYSLOTH

mods
MAZAARI
KILNARAK
IOT
Chatbox
Time to say hi!
Linkage
the coolest sites on the net
affiliates
RP Lovers A Gift of Dragons Canyon River Weyr Mithra Weyr

link us

Credits
you guys rock!
Skin and sidebar Manda of RPG-U. Pern and its dragons belong to the late Anne McCaffrey and her family. The characters written here belong to those who created them. Sprites and all pieces of art belong to those who created them; there is a thread for credits and links in the information section of the board.

If you would like to donate to help with the board's premium service and the chatbox, click here!

Closed

Candidate Lesson: Revision of Dragoncare, Tag: Candidates, volunteer dragons.
Cryssa
 Posted: Oct 8 2016, 02:33 AM

A. Candidatemaster
Group: Character

She had been busy with helping document the latest hatching, as well as attending classes from C'ven. But when M'ari asked if she would be willing to arrange this next lesson for the candidates, Cryssa had been eager to jump at the chance. It would be good for not only the candidates, but herself as well. She should know everything needed for grooming a dragon by now after all. Cindath seemed to like the idea as well, and of course the excited blue had been sending out words to his siblings and any other dragon he could think of what was to transpire within a few days.

So on the morning of the day she was to teach the class, she would have arranged for a row of tables to be set near one of the lakes outside. She had also asked for oilcloths, some containers of the oil needed, bath scrubs, sponges, soap and even pumices of different sizes. As well as towels. Cryssa did not mean that everything should be necessary, oh no. But she was eager to see wether the candidates would listen to the requests of the dragons themselves. Not to mention, she has heard some interesting things about the newest weyrlings.

Once everything seemed just right, she couldn't help but smile widely, though she felt nervousness well up in her as well. Was this enough? Had she remembered everything? Well, it was time to find out anyhow. It should be an hour after breakfast has ended, and the duties the candidates had been tasked with about finished. "Alright Cindath! Just as we practiced, you can play Valenth now!" she calls out to her now very large, near adult sized blue who had decided to start wading in the lake already.

Cindath would look up from where he was staring down at the surface of the lake, and anyone within fifty feet of him would have been able to feel how the excitement bubbles forth from him. Letting loose a loud honk, he would then reach out to the candidates he knew that were left in the current class, trying to keep calm. However, some of his youthful joy and energy would seep into his minvoice anyhow.

Everyone! Everybody! Please, I ask, I request that you come to the lake for your lesson! Wear something you do not mind getting wet, soiled, drenched! he would provide an image of the place in question, and wait a few moments until he was certain the candidates had gotten the message. Then, it was time to reach out to the dragons within the Weyr. And to them, he offered something very, very simple. Mostly because he has been talking about this so much, he was pretty sure every single one would realize what was happening. BATHTIME! WOOOOOO!

And now it was just time to wait for the candidates and dragons alike to arrive. Though... Cryssa supposes Cindath would not mind if he ended up being the only dragon to be treated to a scrubbing.

--------------------
Cryssa of Blue Cindath (Hex #4657CA ) | Isamell
user posted image
Happily Never After Green~Earlene Maw of Gold Surma Snorlax Blue Ophir
user posted image user posted image user posted image
PM
^
Zai
 Posted: Oct 8 2016, 09:32 AM

Bluerider

Daevith reached out to make sure that Zai was safely occupied with running the mail room, and not somewhere where she needed him like trying to move some very heavy cargo, or curled into a small sobbing ball around a clock. Satisfied that she was safe and busy, he flew. still a bit unsteady, down to the lake. Once he landed he surveyed the candidates

Oh my Stars, some of you are so precious still... well ok, you.... you aren't, but I bet you are awesome in some really, REALLY non visual way! But you, you are adorable,

--------------------
Zai of Daevith Post Master, rider of a blue ball of optimism.
PM
^
F'ses
 Posted: Oct 8 2016, 10:11 AM

Brownrider

Seshath walked down to the lake. His brown hide gleamed with oil and so did the gold bands. He scanned the candidates as he walked closer to the blue dragon. Stopping just short of the lake he turned to the teacher and waited. F'ses said it would be fun, how a bath was fun he had no idea.

--------------------
F'ses of brown Seshath

Firelizards:
Ruby Oler
Brown Tallow
Wherraptors:
Rose Quartz Lils
PMEmail
^
D'aan
 Posted: Oct 8 2016, 10:14 AM

Candidate

A plain purple shirt and black shorts was the out fit she wore to class. It was surprising to her a dragon other than valenth call the class together, but once the others in the room started to get ready she realized it was not a joke. With the rest of the class she headed to the lake.
Sev was sitting on her shoulder chirping into her ear excitedly.

--------------------
D'aan of Blue Tydath

user posted image Sev the Marill blue firelizard
Rose Quartz Berry
Blue Remmy
Midnight the cat
wears a shinny Necklace
PM
^
K'rion
 Posted: Oct 8 2016, 11:58 AM

Bronzerider

Hurry uuuuuppp...

"Hold yer tail you great idiot. I need to get...ah hah!" K'rion managed to snap the last buckle closed on the harness and crawled up. The task was made much harder as within the last fortnight the bronze had put on yet another growth spurt and rivaled his sire for size.

Settling in he gave the dragon's neck a pat "Alright Ro, lets go!"

With a jubilant bellow Robth pushed off of his weyr ledge and circled down to the lake. Mindful of his size the dragon landed off to the side so his rider could remove the harness before he waded in. We have come to help you brother!

Snorting quietly in amusement K'rion made his way over to Cryssa as he worked on capturing his flyaway hair. "One oversized puppy for their bathing pleasure."

--------------------
K'rion of Bronze Robth

Flit: Ruby Ember

user posted image
PM
^
Daetha
 Posted: Oct 8 2016, 06:27 PM

Weyrwoman

It wasn't just the summons that drew Saraiath to the lake for the bathtime, nor was it just the fact that her rider was pushing her to go so she did not have to do it later. No, it was the fact that she could be shined to a glorious finish, and she could show herself off to the others present, especially when she caught wind that others of interest would be present. She was attending purely for selfish reasons.

She left her weyr and ledge with a snap of her broad wings, gliding with ease to the lake where the lesson would be taking place. She announced herself with a bugle, landed with a few trotting steps, and then stepped delicately into the lake, approaching her siblings. She butted her head against Cindath, then flicked her tail against Robth teasingly. She would have batted her eyelashes, if she'd had any, before she turned away to regard the candidates.

Slowly, she lowered herself more into the water, so that any who wished would be able to climb onto her and scrub her down!

--------------------
Weyrling Daetha of Gold Saraiath
•·.·´¯`·.·• Character Tracker Thread •·.·´¯`·.·•
Played by Seirye
PM
^
R'na
 Posted: Oct 8 2016, 06:28 PM

Candidate

Rana looked up at some of the incoming Dragons. They were going to need bigger scrub brushes.

--------------------
R'na- Ex-Manure Hauler, bonded to Brown Cetith
PM
^
Kaeli
 Posted: Oct 8 2016, 06:33 PM

Weyrling

The summons from a blue was surprising, but ultimately, it made sense to Kaeli. In fact, it wasn't surprising when she sat and thought about it, because the Candidatemaster was busy enough, it must be his Assistant! She bounced from her room with that thought in her head, curious to meet the dragon that had called them.

When she arrived, she was glad indeed that she always wore clothes she didn't mind getting dirty in. Her shirt, sleeveless, was a basic tan color that was just a little lighter than her shorts. She kicked her shoes off and pushed them under a table, then stood and flashed Cryssa a grin. "Hi! I'm Kaeli, new here. Is the shiny blue one yours? His wings are fascinating! Can I go bathe him?"

She grabbed up supplies without waiting for an answer and darted off, splashing into the water eagerly. She waved a rag at Cindath, a grin on her face. "Can I help you, handsome? Look at you! How do you like your baths?"

--------------------
user posted image
Weyrling Kaeli of Blue Kokoth
Played by Seirye
PM
^
T'ik
 Posted: Oct 8 2016, 06:37 PM

Weyrling

The summons for a lesson was a summons he could not ignore, even if it came from the Assistant Candidatemaster's dragon, and Tikali left his room with a yawn and a grin. Lessons they got dirty in were always the best, because it was hands-on and entertaining. If they were getting wet, he couldn't help but wonder what they would be doing.

When he arrived it was clear, and he smiled warmly at Cryssa, taking the time to shed his shoes and shirt. "You're leading this lesson? That's good. It's nice to see you! This is your first time, right?" His voice was muffled as he undressed, but he set his shirt aside with care, scratching at his shoulder.

He wasn't the buffest guy in the Weyr, but his previous experience as a farmhand did lend him a nice build despite his kind of boyish face. "Do you want to give a lecture or something before we start? Or should we just grab some supplies and get into it?" He glanced at the lake, noticing that at least a couple people were already getting started, but it seemed courteous to give Cryssa the chance to speak.

--------------------
user posted image
Weyrling T'ik of Green Araath
Played by Seirye
PM
^
Z'bel
 Posted: Oct 8 2016, 06:39 PM

Greenrider

Losith jumped from her ledge before lightly landing in the deep part of the lake. She padded to the shallow parts of the lake closer to the candidates and laying 8n the water. Hello little ones! she slipped into anyone whos mind was open or nudge those who weren't.

--------------------
Z'bel of green Losith
user posted imageQuerztal the Tallow blue Gold Celisal
Blue Wherraptor Krol
wears Silver Star Lockett
PMEmail
^
Cryssa
 Posted: Oct 9 2016, 10:53 AM

A. Candidatemaster

She in fact did not say anything just yet, and as candidates filed in, some decided to get right down to it, causing her to smile widely. And some of the dragons had managed to arrive, and there would certainly be enough work for everyone! In fact, she turns to K'rion to give him a bow when he approaches, and then bouncing on her feet excitely. "Thank you so much for bringing Robth over! He alone would be enough for this lesson, I am sure!"

She had been about to adress Kaeli, but the young woman is gone in a flash after gathering the necessary supplies, causing the harper to blink several times, before focusing on Tikali and smiling brightly. "Oh! Oh no, please do get to it! This is more to see how much everyone remembers, and if need be, I will give pointers! However, there IS one important thing I expect everyone do-- I won't say what! It should be rather obvious, but I am keeping my lips sealed on it!" she giggles as she had ALMOST said what she was going to look for, and to be honest she still wanted to say it out loud. But this was something most should have learnt by now, and they had everything on display after all, to give people a reminder.

Cindath would honk and thrill in greeting to each dragon, but he was especially excited when Robth, and then Saraiath joined him. My siblings, my sister, my brother! Thank you, and welcome! Please speak with the candidates, tell them, remind them, question them should you need to! He would bob the underside of his jaw on both their snouts, even managing to rub against their sides before looking down where one young lady has waded in close to adress him. And oh how he seemed and felt pleased, lying down and lowering his head so he could inspect Kaeli better and preen under her praise.

Why yes, I am indeed handsome, wondrous, glorious! So are mine siblings, mine clutchmates. Should you need to admire beauty, you need only look for one of us. he would tilt his chin up in a proud, exaggeratedly neat manner before going back to watching her, his lips pulling back in an attempt of a grin. Oh, I am fond of, liking of, pleased of anything involving a bath! But... But I do have difficult spots, places. and so he tilts his head toward her, specifically showing the behind of his headknobs.

--------------------
Cryssa of Blue Cindath (Hex #4657CA ) | Isamell
user posted image
Happily Never After Green~Earlene Maw of Gold Surma Snorlax Blue Ophir
user posted image user posted image user posted image
PM
^
Squishy
 Posted: Oct 9 2016, 11:16 AM

Holder

It had taken much pushing and begging from T'ror, but finally Jonath was 'persuaded' to go and join in on the lesson the candidates were having today. It was but a small lake, His had said. He can now lay down in it without drowning, His had pointed out. And not to mention, he would be scrubbed clean.

And so the wary bronze had taken flight, heading for the lake his blue brother had provided the sight of. he had to take but a single look to notice that there were other siblings of his gathered, and he had to choke down the very loud, siren like wail that threatened to spill at the sight of Robth. But only because Saraiath was there. She was turning out to be pretty. He shakes his head, before circling down in the air, carefully landing before heading into the lake.

Why must you be here the very moment I make an entrance? Ah, greetings Cindath, good day to you Saraiath. for such a cowardly bronze, his voice is surprisingly smooth and deep, nothing like the cracking voice of Robth. The bronze would sometimes even join Dulceth and Cindath to their singing, complimenting the thrills with deeper humming. But gods if he has not mastered whining as well, what with how he had adressed his bronze brother.

--------------------
Room saving services account
RIP T'ror of Bronze Jonath
user posted image
PM
^
F'ses
 Posted: Oct 9 2016, 11:24 AM

Brownrider

The brown noticed the others had gone into the water. Shaking his head he wandered in until it reached half way up his lower legs. He stayed away from the larger dragons not wanting to get stepped on or splashed. He did however waddle closer to the candidates.

--------------------
F'ses of brown Seshath

Firelizards:
Ruby Oler
Brown Tallow
Wherraptors:
Rose Quartz Lils
PMEmail
^
D'aan
 Posted: Oct 9 2016, 11:28 AM

Candidate

Hearing Cryssa say they could jump right in D'suraan picked up the needed tools before stepping into the lake. She waddled up to the smaller bronze,
"May i have yous and your riders permission to give you a bath today?" She didn't remember if she needed permission or not but it was better to be on the safe side.

--------------------
D'aan of Blue Tydath

Rose Quartz Berry
Blue Remmy
Midnight the cat
wears a shinny Necklace
PM
^
T'ryn
 Posted: Oct 9 2016, 11:50 AM

Candidate

Taryn had seen the exodus of candidates from the barracks from where he was sweeping. He had tried really hard to get assigned to clean the barracks and when it wasn't on his assignment he traded with some of the other drudges. Most couldn't care less when it came to what their assignments were and the candidate barracks wasn't exactly a prime assignment as it was.

Taryn gingerly placed the broom against the wall and followed at a respectful distance. When he emerged to see the lake and the line of candidates approaching it, a number of dragons had already gathered around the placed they were heading to. Taryn's breath caught and he stopped up, there was no way to follow at this point without very clearly heading to the lesson. He looked to his left then to his right, Zeline proudly perched on his shoulder. He was determined and so he headed towards the gathering. He noticed the woman with the Blue who seemed to be in charge. He thought her name was Cryssa though he had never spoken to her before.

He approached and took a deep breath before addressing the woman. "Uhh, hi. My name is Taryn. I work in the lower caverns but I really like dragons a lot. Could I help?" He seemed to hold his breath awaiting a response.

--------------------
Weyrling T'ryn of Bronze Oryth
Pyrokinesis, Total Recall
Played by Jalor

Green Firelizard - Zeline
PM
^
K'rion
 Posted: Oct 9 2016, 01:37 PM

Bronzerider

Robth let out a mental chuckle at the other bronze's whine before headbutting his shoulder Dearest brother! You should not whine so much! People will start to think you are made of sour old grapes instead of dragon flesh!

Letting his mind voice spill out to the rest gathered the large dragon didn't bother to hide the mirth that always seemed resident in it. Hello! Do come scrub! Pay special attention to this lovely queen even if she is already perfection itself!

K'rion sighed and gave Cryssa a long suffering smile "if you combine his ego with the rest of him I'm sure he would be too much for everyone." I heard that!

--------------------
K'rion of Bronze Robth

Flit: Ruby Ember

user posted image
PM
^
F'ses
 Posted: Oct 9 2016, 02:12 PM

Brownrider

Watching the candidates and the larger dragons talk, Seshath sighed before walking towards the bluerider. A boy with a green firelizard had arrived, the brown decided that he was better than nothing plus his would scold him for not attempting to join in the lesson.
Hello. I...i am...in need of a bath. Since this is a lesson for you, it would help you when you have your own dragon. there was a reason the brown rarely talked to others. He was not a bad speaker, but well he was not good with talking to others. Seshath looked up at Tryan waiting for the boy to aknowledge him.

--------------------
F'ses of brown Seshath

Firelizards:
Ruby Oler
Brown Tallow
Wherraptors:
Rose Quartz Lils
PMEmail
^
D'aan
 Posted: Oct 9 2016, 04:17 PM

Candidate

She turned from the bronze to the queen after hearing his 'speech'. She took a breath before approaching the gold.
"Hello dearest Queen, with yours and you permission may i bath you?" She waited patiently for the gold answer

--------------------
D'aan of Blue Tydath

Rose Quartz Berry
Blue Remmy
Midnight the cat
wears a shinny Necklace
PM
^
R'na
 Posted: Oct 10 2016, 04:51 PM

Candidate

Rana looked over the dragons, and grabbed a large sponge. "Which of you wants the first painless cleansing?"

--------------------
R'na- Ex-Manure Hauler, bonded to Brown Cetith
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Closed

2.99 Cent Blues skinned by Manda/Ariesness of RPG-Directory.